Will there be a push to ban Saiga 12's. Your opinion?

Will Saiga 12 be banned in next 5 years  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Yes, and current weapons will be turned in.
    • Yes, current weapons grandfathered in.
    • No, but the hi cap mags will
    • No, but certain features will, such as folding stocks or pistol grips
    • Who cares, I'm keeping mine.
    • Who cares, i lost mine while hunting snipe.

So, who thinks there will be a push to ban "assault" weapons again?

Think current weapons will be grandfathered in?

Maybe certain features will be banned, like folding stocks, pistol grips,etc

Think the large hi cap mags will be banned?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't give these anti gun Nazis any ideas. They already have plans to disarm us and make this country like England where the 'subjects' are disarmed and criminals and the government have a free hand. Even self defense is a crime there.

I don't think there will be a gun ban. This administration is far too sneaky to just come and say we are taking your guns.

I think they will -

1. make ammo too expensive

2. you will need permits to buy ,and permits to sell. No more FTF,or gun shows.

3. everything will be registered

4. they will bury you in fees ,and penalties, and make laws that will scare you away from wanting the responsibility of owning a gun. God forbid you shoot someone threatening you in your own home.....you will wish you hadn't.

HR 45

1/6/2009--Introduced.

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits:

(1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions;

(2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act;

(3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours;

(4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or

(5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.

Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.

Directs the Attorney General to:

(1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse;

(2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and

(3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.

Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

So, who thinks there will be a push to ban "assault" weapons again?

Think current weapons will be grandfathered in?

Maybe certain features will be banned, like folding stocks, pistol grips,etc

Think the large hi cap mags will be banned?

They are passing so many laws, that no one will be able to live without breaking a law. This is what the Nazi's did.

Then they just pick and choose who they want to go after. It's time for every american gun owner to practice

civil disobedience. We either hang together, or we hang seperately.

IMO, it would be political suicide to piss off the nra before re-election...even though biden would love to see his "baby" (aka AWB) back in effect.

the ammo accountability act has been floating around for a while, but that would seriously piss off the nra. extra taxes are one thing, but banning reloading and requiring non-encoded ammo to be destroyed is crazy talk. even fudds would flip their lids.

i think the heads of the democratic party have wised up enough and won't do anything "big enough" to jeopardize their seats.

now, if some big stupid anti-gun law gets attached to legislation that "must" be passed, then all bets are off...and we'll probably have another new president, house, and congress by 2012

but as far as little stuff like restricting importation of "evil" guns/ammo...could be...

i think any possible AWB would be modeled like the old ones, and current guns would be "grandfathered"

The democratic majority is so slim and Obama has so many other problems higher on their list that they would be crazy to go after a ban. Do you think this whole panic buying spree went unnoticed by the powers to be? I'm sure the power of the pro gun vote scares many democrats that won in normally republican strongholds.

I love you too.

So, if we don't talk about it, the threat will go away?

stop fucking making BS posts like this and arguing about things that make no difference, and write you representatives and make sure there is no BS legislation put in place that will make a difference

I wonder if people who say, "They're going to take our weapons" ever stop to think about how much money, time and man power it would take to do such a thing?

The United States is estimated to have between 238 million and 276 million firearms. With roughly 83–96 guns

per 100 people, the United States is approaching a statistical level of one gun per person

http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/files/sas/p...Ch2_full_en.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...y_gun_ownership

Based on that study done in 2003 and a growth rate of 4.7 million per year.....

http://www.nssf.org/share/BP2/2006/060506.htm?AoI=media

...it is my opinion that it would be impossible for our government to disarm private gun owners.

So stop worrying about it.

Edited by Bridis

They have ALREADY BANNED THEM BY NAME!!! They are ALREADY ILLEGAL TO POSSESS!!!!

The black helicopters are already en route to every S-12 owners residence, and they have the technology to detect the S12's no matter WHERE they are hidden, due to microchips embedded in the walls of the receivers... You either give it up, or get shot on the spot as a domestic terrorist, and insurgent.

Just wait patiently, they will be along for yours very soon. :up:

:smoke:

they have the technology to detect the S12's no matter WHERE they are hidden, due to microchips embedded in the walls of the receivers

I microwaved my S12 as soon as I got it home. I'm safe.

I'm pretty sure all "evil" imported weapons will be banned (AK's and the like). It can be done via executive order, with the stroke of a pen.

All domestically produced "evil" weapons will be OK for now. Not only do countless American manufacturing jobs depend on Stag, Colt, and all the other plants remaining active, the chances of passing another AWB is not great.

I would bet that once things with the economy cool down, Obama is going to look to curry favor with the libtards that have been demanding a new AWB. Banning imported "assault" weapons is an easy compromise for him to make.

I don't think there will be a gun ban. This administration is far too sneaky to just come and say we are taking your guns.

I think they will -

1. make ammo too expensive

2. you will need permits to buy ,and permits to sell. No more FTF,or gun shows.

3. everything will be registered

4. they will bury you in fees ,and penalties, and make laws that will scare you away from wanting the responsibility of owning a gun. God forbid you shoot someone threatening you in your own home.....you will wish you hadn't.

I pretty much agree. The days when you could just open up the newspaper classifieds, drive a couple miles, and go buy a 12ga and a 38 special with cash and no paperwork are long gone.

I think Bracko and company will re-instate the Clinton assault ban (no hi cap mags, no fold/ext stocks, etc), but other than that, they are likely to just slowly choke off gun/ammo buying with taxes and paperwork. Possilbly down the line, we may see some gun checks and penalty or confiscation at the ranges (for illegal guns, illegal mods, unregistered, etc). If that crap ever goes on for a few decades or generations, THEN the list of working guns with ammo supply might dwindle to the point where it might be possible to go door to door checking weapon legality/registration. The registration is what will be the downfall: if you are buying ammo or reload components for an illegal civilian gun or a gun calibur you aren't a registered owner of, or you are a registered owner who then gets in any kind of legal trouble, that could be their excuse for a knock on your door asking for your arms.

Once they get the wedge in the door, it gets pushed in sloooowly until there it's wide open. Ask Brits or Aussies.

First off, join NRA, and support pro gun reps with your votes - and $ if possible. I actually got joked on for wearing my newest NRA hat to the range last month (recently upgraded from per year to life member). What kind of idiot has $50 to buy a day's ammo and range fees but won't pony up half that once per year to join? Face it guys, America is run by lawyers... $, organized voting groups, and lobbyists do the talking. Pay to play, whether you like it or not.

Now is also not a bad time to make sure you have at least one or two reliable, low maintainence guns (pump shotgun, revolver, etc) that are either unregistered or reported lost/stolen... as well as good size ammo stock and/or reload skill + supplies in proper heat/humidity storage. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Regardless of what happens, they are reliable guns, and a quality firearm or ammo in good condition almost always appreciates in value.

Edited by slyguy

All this nosensical paranoia is what is driving the prices of guns and ammo through the roof. Obama isn't going to "take" anyones guns. So keep feeding into the paranoia and you'll keep paying more. And I'll bet that one of these conspiracy theorists will find a way to blame the simple law of supply and demand on the current administration.

Edited by Bridis

How about a different choice in the poll?

How about, "I am such a coward I PLAN to lose the rights to keep and bear arms that other men died to secure me."

stop fucking making BS posts like this and arguing about things that make no difference...
All this nosensical paranoia is what is driving the prices of guns and ammo through the roof. Obama isn't going to "take" anyones guns...
I don't think it's "nonsensical" or "BS." It's not "take" that worries most ppl (since that's impossible right now), but it's simply paperwork and tracking of everything that is opening the door for a lot of potential future problems.

It's easy for Jane Doe to eat up anti-freedom like "it's good to have all handguns registered so guns from crimes can be traced to the criminal who bought them"

to "instead of trying to decide where short shotguns and long pistols fit in, it'd probably be easier to just register all guns"

to "now that guns are registered, it'd be good to inspect them from time to time so people don't make illegal mods"

to "people don't really need semi auto rifles and shotguns for hunting when bolt or pump action will do just fine, and we have the registry logs"

to "I don't see anything wrong with monitoring or asking a few questions of somebody buying ammo for a gun they aren't registered to own"

to "Implanted tracking chips are probably a good idea for former child molestors and felons... and maybe owners of agressive guns"

A lot of people don't ever seem to realize when they agree to take the first few steps down a slippery slope. These things need to be nipped in the butt if at all possible, but you always need backup plans. Improvse, adapt, overcome.

Edited by slyguy
stop fucking making BS posts like this and arguing about things that make no difference, and write you representatives and make sure there is no BS legislation put in place that will make a difference

+1

Seriously, Idle talk is like this is cheap. It acts to instill speculation and fear. We all know that preserving our 2nd Amendment rights is a full time job against the opponents of personal freedom and liberty. The most effective first steps are:

1.) Join the NRA, if not done yet, and donate as you can afford to. They are a damn powerful and loud collective voice for all of us 24/7/365.

2.) Contact your congressional AND STATE representatives and make your voice heard... a lot

3.) Educate, recruit, organize, and campaign for freedom and liberty.

post-18302-1246729286_thumb.jpg

I get sick of the damn gun yuppies that come prancing in here after 4 months of being a gun owner and start trying to talk like that know one damn thing about the RKBA. It is time to start educating these people and get them up to speed. The fight to protect our Second Amendment Rights has been going on for YEARS. They have always planed to take away our rights, if they can. Idiot talk like "when they reinstate the AWB" is defeatist and is telling them that you are willing to give in without a fight. If this was a war you would be shot for granting aid and comfort to the enemy. My advice is to grow a pair or shut up.

... First off, join NRA, and support pro gun reps with your votes - and $ if possible. I actually got joked on for wearing my newest NRA hat to the range last month (recently upgraded from per year to life member). What kind of idiot has $50 to buy a day's ammo and range fees but won't pony up half that once per year to join? ...

What kind of jackass "jokes" on someone for wearing an NRA hat at a gun range? This kind of moron would have been run off from any range I have shot on.

Just my opinion, but if the Dems wanted to reinstate the AWB, they would have by now. Most literature I've read on the topic would suggest that the Dems would go after handguns, not rifles and shotguns. Statistically, the odds of people getting hurt in a home with handguns appear much higher. I'm reaching for citable references right now and can't find them.

I'd also note that Obama's focus is the economy and doing anything that hurts American jobs isn't going to fly, not at the federal level and not at the level of democratic senators and representatives who want to be re-elected. Firearm companies have been one of the few sectors to enjoy price appreciation, both of inventory and stock price, since the SHTF on Wall Street. To the point of foreign gun imports, I doubt they do anything until a next term is secured. Izmash could always open up a factory here though.

The real issue is the AWB being resintstated in some form or another isn't it?

Just my opinion, but if the Dems wanted to reinstate the AWB, they would have by now. Most literature I've read on the topic would suggest that the Dems would go after handguns, not rifles and shotguns. Statistically, the odds of people getting hurt in a home with handguns appear much higher. I'm reaching for citable references right now and can't find them.

I'd also note that Obama's focus is the economy and doing anything that hurts American jobs isn't going to fly, not at the federal level and not at the level of democratic senators and representatives who want to be re-elected. Firearm companies have been one of the few sectors to enjoy price appreciation, both of inventory and stock price, since the SHTF on Wall Street. To the point of foreign gun imports, I doubt they do anything until a next term is secured. Izmash could always open up a factory here though.

The real issue is the AWB being resintstated in some form or another isn't it?

First, about jobs. Cap and trade will kill a lot more jobs than the gun industry. Second, BO's playbook says to "pull the rudder to gain control of the boat" or make things bad enough to force the people to give up liberty for safety. They are setting the stage for an epic power grab. The NRA has reports of BATF knocking on doors of gun owners in border states already. As far as the AWB, it's one of the party planks. They are waiting for another tragic shooting to take advantage of.

stop fucking making BS posts like this and arguing about things that make no difference...
All this nosensical paranoia is what is driving the prices of guns and ammo through the roof. Obama isn't going to "take" anyones guns...
I don't think it's "nonsensical" or "BS." It's not "take" that worries most ppl (since that's impossible right now), but it's simply paperwork and tracking of everything that is opening the door for a lot of potential future problems.

It's easy for Jane Doe to eat up anti-freedom like "it's good to have all handguns registered so guns from crimes can be traced to the criminal who bought them"

to "instead of trying to decide where short shotguns and long pistols fit in, it'd probably be easier to just register all guns"

to "now that guns are registered, it'd be good to inspect them from time to time so people don't make illegal mods"

to "people don't really need semi auto rifles and shotguns for hunting when bolt or pump action will do just fine, and we have the registry logs"

to "I don't see anything wrong with monitoring or asking a few questions of somebody buying ammo for a gun they aren't registered to own"

to "Implanted tracking chips are probably a good idea for former child molestors and felons... and maybe owners of agressive guns"

A lot of people don't ever seem to realize when they agree to take the first few steps down a slippery slope. These things need to be nipped in the butt if at all possible, but you always need backup plans. Improvse, adapt, overcome.

Very well put Slyguy, thanks for schooling those who dismissed the original post as paranoid!!!!! Other nations once thought that they would always have the right to own guns too.

Class dismissed.

... Class dismissed.

Class my ass.

No one has any doubt about their intent, my quarrel is with those that accept their goal as an undeniable eventually.

Like Charleston Heston said, "...Out of my cold dead hands!"

I don't believe any bans will be happening immediately. If something happens, it will happen later, possibly after a big scare about rising crime or something. I don't believe that these guns will be confiscated, but grandfathered in.

Chris

This is a subject that has been posted rather frequently.

Kind of like people writing letters to the ATF asking if the laws apply to them and their firearms in the way they are written. Some folks figure that if the idea is brought up often to the antis, then they are more likely to attempt something grim.

I think its safe to say that you can say goodbye to high capacity mags (Sh!t I better call magpul tomorrow :eek: ) and on another note I think its too costly to ask everyone to turn in guns. They wont get them all and it will just end up being a huge waste of time and money with the economy the way it is. They will just grandfather us all in. However, I do smell the possibility of fines and fees instead... but even that may be more of a hassle than its worth.

Edited by pfmedic