Nah. I can make it out of another strip of steel. It isn't important enough to justify its own postage. Thanks.

I'll send you a few slugs and wads though. I'll check the messages to see if I still have your address.

• Like 1
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got a HI-POINT firearms sticker if anyone wants that.

Giving away a twister puck is sort of like sharing syphilis. Most people would think it was an act of kindness at the time they are given it, but later they will come to regret it.   Props for gener

Bump

Posted Images

I'm looking for any AR15 lower parts that anyone would like to donate to help build my stripped lower I just got in... castle nut, triggers, pins, all springs including buffer, end plates, selector switches, mag releases.

I'll be following up later today with some good stuff... ;)

Sorry Risky, I can't help you on that. I did just see a "lower" kit on CDNNsports for $69 that has all the parts, except the receiver. It was in the catalog. Can't find it on the website.

Sorry Risky, I can't help you on that. I did just see a "lower" kit on CDNNsports for $69 that has all the parts, except the receiver. It was in the catalog. Can't find it on the website.

Thanks, couldn't find it either. I did find a parts kit minus trigger group for $40, so I went ahead and snatched one of those up.

Hey risky you still need a castle nut? I got a new tapco one still in the package. If you still need it PM me the address and I'll try to get it out next week.

Don't have any of the other AR parts, Just happened to pick that up and turned out I didn't need it for the pignose adapter since it has a set screw retainer in it.

Edited by jojo200517

Naw, but thanks all the same! I ordered everything I need exempt for a trigger and springs and a buffer spring

What size buffer spring? Is it the carbine or rifle length? I might have an extra laying around...I will look around as see what all I have.

Carbine, thanks for checking!

Naw, but thanks all the same! I ordered everything I need exempt for a trigger and springs and a buffer spring

What size buffer spring? Is it the carbine or rifle length? I might have an extra laying around...I will look around as see what all I have.
Carbine, thanks for checking!
I don't have a new carbine length buffer spring...just the rifle length. I do however have a used carbine buffer spring I pulled out of my older bushmaster. It' s your if you want it and dont mind it being slightly used. Edited by raidersfan_5544
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this tapco handgaurd without the retainer if somebody wants it. also a arsenal thumbhole stock modded to fit a saiga. the tang on the saiga is short a little but fit is good other than thatpost-9483-0-05538700-1361133061_thumb.jp

post-9518-0-06853700-1364870525.jpg

post-9518-0-81045600-1364870550_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've got an original Firebird extended mag release button up for grabs, it's the circular button style, see my MKA pics.

I'm offering this to forum contributors.

And it has been claimed

Edited by Syndicate

I'm not picky at all, thanks! I'll pm you my address later tonight an follow up with some more PIF for the thread.

Risky,

you ever get the trigger and/or other parts? I have some spare triggers w/springs (bone stock, nothing fancy) as well as the carbine buffer spring.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a couple ahead on these PIF things, so I've got a couple locks and a damned good book. 1st "I want it" and PM gets one or the other. Both locks will go together.

post-23857-0-28728500-1369874058_thumb.jpg

post-23857-0-86089500-1369874095_thumb.jpg

I have this tapco handgaurd without the retainer if somebody wants it. also a arsenal thumbhole stock modded to fit a saiga. the tang on the saiga is short a little but fit is good other than thatpost-9483-0-05538700-1361133061_thumb.jp

I'll take the handguard if its still available.

I'll take the handguard if its still available.

ok it is yours pm me your address

• 4 months later...

My offer above still has 3 to go. 

If you need brass in oddball calibers, PM me and I might be able to send you a little if I find any on my occasional scrapyard runs. I try to save stuff I don't use for friends or trades. In general, my goal is to help people get started not really to add to an old timer's huge stash. So if you are getting started PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I'll add to it sample packs of cast bullets to get people going. basically if you are new to reloading or haven't messed with cast, PM me and I will see if I can send you some bullets to load with and see what you think. If you are new to reloading, or to a caliber, or want to try out a bullet before buying the mold, etc.

I've got a huge box of stuff that's been 95% ready to mail out for a week for MSRDiver who was a big help in getting me started with cast bullets and shotshell reloading. He may not have posted in this thread, but he was very generous to me with his time and starter kit stuff. I wanna give him a boost on pistol claiber loading.

Some stuff I have ready to go now, but I could load it any time. So the way I wanna do this is a standing offer.  Shoot me a PM. I'll mail you a few bullets. It might take a while before I get a chance to cast again, so it might be a wait. Or I might have a few of that on hand. (offer revocable if it becomes a huge hassle. Otherwise it stands indefinately. 

Lemme see what I got:

Lee Molds:

# 90281   -1 oz slug mold. - good for 12 ga

#90485  -356-124-2R TL: makes a ~125-128 gr LRN bullet depending on alloy @.358+" which I can size to .358"# or .357" great for 9mm & 38 SPL, etc. I've been able to easily replicate the recoil and point of aim of my carry load so I use a lot of these. (If you are considering the mold, it's a winner, but I kinda wish I had gotten the TC version. Also, my first one dropped them all at .358" dead so I never needed to size. I sent it back on warranty for some damage from the factory and the replacement drops a few oversized. Not many, but just enough that I size them to ensure I won't get any failures to feed.)

#90315 -- 358-105 SWC: Makes a 110-112 gr SWC great for 38/357, works in some 9mm but very touchy about COL -dang accurate in hi-point tends to have feeding issues in PT99AF, heavy for caliber .380 ACP (but again touchy about COL and feed ramp style. This is why I got it)

#90286 -- .452-230-TC: makes a truncated cone bullet for 45 ACP, obviously this would work in just about any .45 caliber cartridge though. This should replicate the feel of hardball, but do a bit more damage since it is TC and can expand. I just realized that I've never weighed any of them yet. I got the mold to make some ammo for a friend, and don't have a test gun, so my thoughts on this one are conjecture. 

#90361 --312-160-2r: This one is intended for 7.62X39. It is a gas check design, although so far, I've had good results w/o gas checks and never intend to get any. ** I'm still learning with the rifle casting/ loading but this makes beautiful perfect round bullets that are .312" on the dot. They weigh 155 grains with straight linotype spacers. Air cooled, that has been about 16+ BHN, oven/water treated ~20BHN+. I've been sizing these to 309", which they do just fine, and make nice bore riders for 30-06 or .308 win. So far I've only had the chance to do ~2200 FPS loads with unique for 30/06 (slightly more power than 7.62X39, and easy on the shoulder- I don't have a chrono, so I have no idea how consistent.)*** They shoot clean and the dummies I've made for 308 chamber just fine off a pmag. I expect this to be a very versatile bullet.

*For pistol bullets,  I try for a water dropped 50/50 CLWW/Pb alloy ~16BHN 

I generally tumble lube with Brown Recluse (45/45/10)

** For magnum pistol loads and rifle bullets, I have been experimenting with piglet method powder coat. Think "Polymer Jacketed." I haven't got it perfected, but I haven't had any leading with polycoat. I think this has potential to get cast lead bullets to perform somewhere comparable to standard jacketed hunting bullets off the same data. I don't expect match accuracy at 3300 FPS, but from what others are reporting, hunting accuracy is probably doable with a bit of experimentation. We'll see.

*** These shot clean and nicely in kinda piebald P.C. and in 45/45/10.Zero leading, shiny bore.  I have yet to test a "full power" load- math says I need a much harder alloy ~30-36 BHN for optimal performance using rifle powders with standard load data.

Tapeworm 3 and Red 333 Can cut in line and ask for pretty much whatever he wants, on the off chance I have something that will help them.)

Edited by GunFun