My Review of Dinzag Bullet Guides

I wanted to convert my Saiga to accept standard AK magazines, and upon recommendation from users of this forum, I found myself ordering from Dinzag. I found a few bullet guides, but I am VERY careful about ordering parts made by an individual. There are some really half-assed "machinists" out there. I can't compare Dinzag's parts to anyone elses, because this is the only bullet guide I've purchased.

The shipping only took about 2-3 weeks, but his site says 6-8, and either way... it's well worth the wait for the parts you get. Just be patient and they will come. I have so many projects going, that 2 weeks was nothing for me. I was very surprised that it came in so quickly, to be honest!

I ordered the entire kit(round trunnion, 7.62x39), and I would STRONGLY recommend the whole kit. Why? It's about 2 dollars more for the drill bit and tap, and the ones I received were very high in quality. I do all of my work in a machine shop with probably over half a million dollars in machinery, and there are boxes and boxes of commercial grade bits and hardware in there. It was well worth the 2 bucks to not have to dig through all of that stuff. If you follow the directions he provides, you'll have no problems with the tap breaking. In my experience with taps, they can break very easily, and it's a pain in the ass to remove fragments. TAKE EVERYTHING SLOWLY LIKE DINZAG SAYS, and you won't have to learn the hard way. I will say that I didn't think the tap was taking, because there wasn't very much resistance. To my surprise, it was. This entire process of installing the guide was VERY, very simple and painless. What you order, will be high quality, and the outcome of your Saiga will depend ONLY on how careful you are in your installation. That's how it should be. If you follow the directions EXACTLY the way he explains them on his website, you will have 0 problems.

I used an industrial-grade drill press to do my conversion. I spent probably 10 minutes on the whole thing, and the majority of that time was spent taking my pistol grip off(so I could make sure my receiver was level with the drill), and marking the spot which I punched/drilled/tapped. The actual punch/drill/tap part only took about 4-5 minutes total.

The only negative is that the business card he sent with my parts (which is pretty cool looking btw) did not fit into my wallet. lol. I'll definitely be recommending this man to some of my friends/co-workers who will be doing Saiga conversions. A+++++ parts and service. This guy is the real deal; don't hesitate to order from him.

I wanted to convert my Saiga to accept standard AK magazines, and upon recommendation from users of this forum, I found myself ordering from Dinzag. I found a few bullet guides, but I am VERY careful about ordering parts made by an individual. There are some really half-assed "machinists" out there. I can't compare Dinzag's parts to anyone elses, because this is the only bullet guide I've purchased.

The shipping only took about 2-3 weeks, but his site says 6-8, and either way... it's well worth the wait for the parts you get. Just be patient and they will come. I have so many projects going, that 2 weeks was nothing for me. I was very surprised that it came in so quickly, to be honest!

I ordered the entire kit(round trunnion, 7.62x39), and I would STRONGLY recommend the whole kit. Why? It's about 2 dollars more for the drill bit and tap, and the ones I received were very high in quality. I do all of my work in a machine shop with probably over half a million dollars in machinery, and there are boxes and boxes of commercial grade bits and hardware in there. It was well worth the 2 bucks to not have to dig through all of that stuff. If you follow the directions he provides, you'll have no problems with the tap breaking. In my experience with taps, they can break very easily, and it's a pain in the ass to remove fragments. TAKE EVERYTHING SLOWLY LIKE DINZAG SAYS, and you won't have to learn the hard way. I will say that I didn't think the tap was taking, because there wasn't very much resistance. To my surprise, it was. This entire process of installing the guide was VERY, very simple and painless. What you order, will be high quality, and the outcome of your Saiga will depend ONLY on how careful you are in your installation. That's how it should be. If you follow the directions EXACTLY the way he explains them on his website, you will have 0 problems.

I used an industrial-grade drill press to do my conversion. I spent probably 10 minutes on the whole thing, and the majority of that time was spent taking my pistol grip off(so I could make sure my receiver was level with the drill), and marking the spot which I punched/drilled/tapped. The actual punch/drill/tap part only took about 4-5 minutes total.

The only negative is that the business card he sent with my parts (which is pretty cool looking btw) did not fit into my wallet. lol. I'll definitely be recommending this man to some of my friends/co-workers who will be doing Saiga conversions. A+++++ parts and service. This guy is the real deal; don't hesitate to order from him.

essemgy, it's great to hear you are yet one more satisfied Dinzag customer and a Saiga owner. Welcome to the forum!

The only thing I would like to add, that even though many people "discover" him anew as they get into the whole Saiga thing, he's been around for a very long time and is well known for his extremely high quality workmanship and business practices. All you need to do is to search this forum for things like "dinzag rules/awesome/great".

essemgy, it's great to hear you are yet one more satisfied Dinzag customer and a Saiga owner. Welcome to the forum!

The only thing I would like to add, that even though many people "discover" him anew as they get into the whole Saiga thing, he's been around for a very long time and is well known for his extremely high quality workmanship and business practices. All you need to do is to search this forum for things like "dinzag rules/awesome/great".

I figured as much, he came very highly recommended by all sorts of people, but I figured one more opinion on these forums might do it's part to persuade someone else to buy from him.

One thing I DIDN'T read on these forums(perhaps they're there, but I didn't see them), is that the steel is 4140. I'm sure most people(at least the kinds of people who browse these forums) know what that is, but I was fairly surprised when I got the part. Most of the custom made parts I've ordered in the past (which is why I try not to order custom parts) are very cheap and scream low quality. 4140 is good stuff.

I also didn't read anything about the tap he sends, which was WELL worth the extra 2 bucks, imo.

Btw, thank you for the welcome. I've browsed these forums for a long time, I just never made an account. Back when I did my 7.62 conversion, all of the answers were already on the forums, so I didn't need to make an account.

I figured as much, he came very highly recommended by all sorts of people, but I figured one more opinion on these forums might do it's part to persuade someone else to buy from him.

One thing I DIDN'T read on these forums(perhaps they're there, but I didn't see them), is that the steel is 4140. I'm sure most people(at least the kinds of people who browse these forums) know what that is, but I was fairly surprised when I got the part. Most of the custom made parts I've ordered in the past (which is why I try not to order custom parts) are very cheap and scream low quality. 4140 is good stuff.

I also didn't read anything about the tap he sends, which was WELL worth the extra 2 bucks, imo.

Btw, thank you for the welcome. I've browsed these forums for a long time, I just never made an account. Back when I did my 7.62 conversion, all of the answers were already on the forums, so I didn't need to make an account.

Indeed, Brian is just a good man who has a genuine talent for gunsmithing. He has a new baby in the family, so he's been a bit sparse on this forum lately, but he has contributed a ton of knowledge here over the years.

Back when I ordered my first guide from him, there was a few that slipped through that were machined a tad too thick.

Myself and a few other members let him know, and he shipped new ones out ASAP. You can't ask for better customer service than that. I drop his name and a link any chance I get, especially when people are looking for bullet guides.