I luv my brother ;) He came to visit and left me a TR 15

I am the gun nut in the family and I had given my brother some stuff over the years. He decided he did not "need" a few of his acquisitions and dropped em off for me. Apparently he had Tromix build him an AR- or TR 15 some time back....

IT IS NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE!!!! I do wonder if I need to put it up instead of actually shooting it if it is that "rare"

I have read that only a handful were made by Mr. Rumore in the .223 form...

Any info I can get on this would be greatly appreciated. Barrel mfg twist etc bolts etc...

I will likely be using it for a range/varmint gun....

Thanks in advance-paul

DSCN0312.jpg

DSCN0313.jpg

DSCN0314.jpg

Edited by tallpaul
Ahh I see now very nice and what's this not shooting it yes its a very nice wall hanger but if it works don't hang it up in shame ;)

I doubt that I won't shoot it but then again... it is a heavy barrel and likely gonna be a great range/varmint gun...

I have several othe rbeater typ ar's ifin I need ta beat on one ;)

My understanding from talking to Tony is that there were only 6 TR's made in .223.............With yours now showing up, that accounts for where 5 of them are !!!

Two of them have been cut to 11" SBR's, like this:

post-3950-1246903727_thumb.jpg

Shoot it !!! That's what it was made for ! !

Nice brother!!

I gave mine a DPMS receiver a couple years ago, when I handed it to him, he say, "What the heck is this thing?!?" I said, "That's your new AR, don't go robbing a bank with it, because it is in my name."

Yeah, that one is pretty rare. I would guess that I only made a couple like that one. It has an integral muzzle brake on it. The brake is actually back-bored with a large chamber, then has a small exit pupil that is only a few thousands larger than the bullet diameter. You'll have to check the twist with a rod, but it is probably 1:10 or 1:12. It's for shooting varmints and targets at long range with normal size bullets. Not some some jack-wad wanna-be commando setup for shooting slow-ass oversize bullets.

The barrel blank is a Stainless Pac-Nor Super match unit. If it is engraved "Tromix .223" on the underside of the barrel, right next to the gas block, it was one of the later units. The earliest ones were not marked, since I did not own an engraving machine in the early days.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Yeah, that one is pretty rare. I would guess that I only made a couple like that one. It has an integral muzzle brake on it. The brake is actually back-bored with a large chamber, then has a small exit pupil that is only a few thousands larger than the bullet diameter. You'll have to check the twist with a rod, but it is probably 1:10 or 1:12. It's for shooting varmints and targets at long range with normal size bullets. Not some some jack-wad wanna-be commando setup for shooting slow-ass oversize bullets.

The barrel blank is a Stainless Pac-Nor Super match unit. If it is engraved "Tromix .223" on the underside of the barrel, right next to the gas block, it was one of the later units. The earliest ones were not marked, since I did not own an engraving machine in the early days.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Thanks Mr. Rumore, I believe it is an early one... SN in the 60's

I am really surprised my BRO actually found a custom guy and a well researched one at that. I did not know he had it in him. He is ex army airborne and is familiar with the AR so I guess wanting a good one should not be unusual at all.

I am lookin foward to shooting it for sure!

I only got into the rifle seen after the first AWB and was a pistol guy mainly for years. The rifle scene is as bad as far as wanting "one more" :D

Edited by tallpaul

Wow...S/N in the 60's....that would have been the second run. The first run was TR-0001 - TR-0050. The second run was TR-0051 - TR-0100. Total production was 405 total. (TR-0405 was the last one) All went out as rifles or receivers only. The only complete pistol to ship was TR-0010, bolt action, straight pull. Most were unmarked with no caliber on the lower, appoved in writing, by the ATF. There were a couple marked 50AE, 25 or so marked .458 SOCOM, and one or two marked 6.5 Grendel. There may have been another one or two with some other goofy caliber marking, but I don't recall.

Tony

Wow :eek: . . . That's a helluva gift! Congrats! :up::super:

I want one of Tony's AR's, but unless I lucky, (though I probably won't get as lucky as you did) I might have missed the boat on that . . .

Damn it Bob!!! Don't post that shit here!!! Other people might see it!!! EDIT!!! DELETE!!!

HAHA! Yeah, money talks and shit walks, but, unfortunately, right now, well, I've been pushing it with the wife lately :rolleyes: . . . So I've got to go on a little hiatus for a month or two.

SO, IF YOU'LL KINDLY TAKE THAT SHIT DOWN ;) . . . Maybe I'll have a chance . . .

Edited by Raoul_Duke
Damn it Bob!!! Don't post that shit here!!! Other people might see it!!! EDIT!!! DELETE!!!

HAHA! Yeah, money talks and shit walks, but, unfortunately, right now, well, I've been pushing it with the wife lately :rolleyes: . . . So I've got to go on a little hiatus for a month or two.

SO, IF YOU'LL KINDLY TAKE THAT SHIT DOWN ;) . . . Maybe I'll have a chance . . .

:lolol: LMAO.... :cryss:

I want one too.

• 1 month later...

Wow...S/N in the 60's....that would have been the second run. The first run was TR-0001 - TR-0050. The second run was TR-0051 - TR-0100. Total production was 405 total. (TR-0405 was the last one) All went out as rifles or receivers only. The only complete pistol to ship was TR-0010, bolt action, straight pull. Most were unmarked with no caliber on the lower, appoved in writing, by the ATF. There were a couple marked 50AE, 25 or so marked .458 SOCOM, and one or two marked 6.5 Grendel. There may have been another one or two with some other goofy caliber marking, but I don't recall.

Tony

How many 50AE's where made in total. A friend of mine is accuiring one soon and thaught this was interesting. He think the one he is getting has 50AE engraved on the barrel. That would be cool if it was one of only a couple.

I would guess about 300 were made in 50AE. Most of those were uppers only. Very few went out as complete rifles.

The first 2/3rds or so went out with no engraving at all, since I did not have an engraving machine at the time.

The last ones were engraved "Tromix 50AE" on the underside of the barrel, in front of the gas block.

Tony

I would guess about 300 were made in 50AE. Most of those were uppers only. Very few went out as complete rifles.

The first 2/3rds or so went out with no engraving at all, since I did not have an engraving machine at the time.

The last ones were engraved "Tromix 50AE" on the underside of the barrel, in front of the gas block.

Tony

Cool, thanks Tony. I can't wait to check it out and actually shoot it. I've never shot a 50AE.