Fixed or Adjustable Stock?

At least you get that option... I live in CA where they tell you how your gun can be! :ded: Damn the man!

On that note can anybody give me advice on how I can pin a retractable Magpul CTR stock? Preferably it would be permanent in the eyes of the DOJ but not so permanent that with a light tool or two it could be reversed so I don't destroy a perfectly good stock.

Besideds the fixed AK stock does anyone have suggestion or pictures of an asthetically pleasing and functional fixed stock?

At least you get that option... I live in CA where they tell you how your gun can be! :ded: Damn the man!

On that note can anybody give me advice on how I can pin a retractable Magpul CTR stock? Preferably it would be permanent in the eyes of the DOJ but not so permanent that with a light tool or two it could be reversed so I don't destroy a perfectly good stock.

Besideds the fixed AK stock does anyone have suggestion or pictures of an asthetically pleasing and functional fixed stock?

I would think it would be easy enough to (carefully) drill a small hole and screw/pin the friction lock on your CTR. As you probably know,

holding the friction lock keeps the slide lever from disengaging.

I feel your pain, as much as Id like a side-folder, Im probably going to opt for a fixed 8.5" ACE or Tromix skeleton with Limbsaver pad for my "PRK" bound S12.

• 2 years later...

I had a collapsable stock on my S12 and put a TAPCO fixed stock on it. It was much harder to get a good cheek weld so I put the collapseable one back on. And the fixed stock was too short compared to the collapsable one, even all the way collapsed it was still shorter. I would put a folding stock on personally but they don't make a quallity one in FDE. IMO The collapsable feature is not very useful.

Edited by theturtlepond

I've built two S-12s. My first was a fixed warsaw-length butt-stock. It worked well for anyone who used the weapon. I have a buddy who is 6'10" and he prefers a long length of pull, so he prefers adjustable stocks. If I were a taller person I'd probably go with an adjustable stock, so, basically, it's all personal preference...

My second S-12 is a folder and I LOVE it! I chose the shortest butt-stock that I could because you can always lengthen it out either with a limb-saver butt-pad or an extension between the receiver and the butt-stock, or both. Like I said, it's all a matter of personal preference.

With that being said:

keepthatcrapoff.jpg