Noob mag question

Quick questions:

What mags actually work just like they're supposed to in a Saiga 223?

Where can these be bought?

What a decent price on them?

I keep reading about how the majority seems to hate promags, or there is some conversion. What about the guys that want to buy a rifle, some mags and then be done. What mags should they get?

if you wish to use magazines that have a capacity of 10+, your rifle must be compliant with enough american parts to say it is not a foreign gun. The Saiga rifle comes with 14 parts. To be legal, you need 10 or less foreign parts on it. The easiest way is to switch the forearm or gas piston to American made pieces, each counts as 1 part. Then you can use Surefire mags, which count as 3 parts each. By just changing out the forearm or piston, you can still use your factory mag because the capacity is under 10 and you wont have a pistol grip. In which case, 922r compliance is not required.

Waiting for my AR mag adapter from MSA. Then I will be able to use AR magazines and save some money. Bought 10 AR mags for what 3 Surefire mags would have cost....... 10 Surefire mags would have cost me $400 and I paid $151 shipped for an AR adapter and $89.90 for 10 C Products AR mags. Saved $150 and I can also use the AR mags in my AR, if I ever decide to buy one.....