I sent the guy a message, along with a couple links to some sites that are selling the .223 for $425 +/- a couple bucks. Told 'im he's nuts. Of course, more power to him if someone actually buys it. Gotta love capitalism.

HOLY COW !!! :blink: :blink:

Seriously a little over a year ago I bought 2 saiga 308's and a saiga 223 for that much for ALL THREE!

Every thing was a little different a year ago, didn't have the Chairman yet.... :cryss:

HOLY COW !!! :blink: :blink:

Seriously a little over a year ago I bought 2 saiga 308's and a saiga 223 for that much for ALL THREE!

Every thing was a little different a year ago, didn't have the Chairman yet.... :cryss:

you aint kidding about that, sad thing is, all the price gouging was NOT the big O's doing, it was our gun industry from the manufacturers right down to the gun shop owners. They did with their greed what O couldn't even dream of doing with microstamping of ammo or per gun surcharges.

Bet ya he bought it for 650 and his wife was griping at him and he was telling her listen baby I'll be able to flip it for 800. Her eyes glimmered and thought of new shoes, now they are both stuck and she won't let him change the price. It's like the three wishes story where they end up with a sausage.

I sent the guy a message, along with a couple links to some sites that are selling the .223 for $425 +/- a couple bucks. Told 'im he's nuts. Of course, more power to him if someone actually buys it. Gotta love capitalism.

I don't think that has anything to do with capitalism. It has more to do with ethics (lack of)...

Edited by Pathfind3r
A local gunshop here had unconverted Saiga .223's going for $600 and converted ones for $1000 plus. I just said "Thanks" and walked out. This was back in January.

Last time i went to the gunshop here, they were trying to sell someone a used remginton 870 with a piece of crap ATI stock on it for $460.

I got mine at walmart for $288 new :)

They should subtract, not add money for it having that ati telescoping stock.