I scored this last fall. It's not an AK, but a distant relative.

daewook2.jpg

Daewoo K2, the box has been kicked around, but the rifle is MINT. It came with the original sling, two 30 rd mags, muzzle cover, cleaning kit and bayonet. A new with sticker, Imperial Defense 30 rd mag, and a 40 rd mag from Precision Industries. Plus 420 rounds of Israel Industries M193. It was NIB when I got it, still had factory grease in it.

I should have keep it as a safe queen. After years of carrying an M16A2, I hate AR's, almost any gas opp. rifle, I had to let the Woo rock.

Those are sweet. Back in the day you could get one around here for 450.00. I remember them being kind of heavy,probably very little recoil.

Dont they run regular AR mags? Someone on Auction arms has a 90 round drum listed as a "Daewoo DR-200 drum"

DR-200 drum

Edited by gunboy69
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a DR-300 in 7.62X39 and I do not love it... the controls are funky and the gun is a serious piggy. it is the hell spawn of an AR and an AK...LOL...

They are a unique weapon that is why I got mine...You will like it...congrats

If you need parts or want to change out that obnoxious 180 degree selector for a 90 degree unit (like the AR) which is also ambidexterous, check with AZEX Arms or on their website daewoorifleparts.com. We designed and built a selector for them and they still have some in stock last time I checked. Having to sweep that selector around a half-turn is a pain in the ass.

100_0157.jpg

If you need parts or want to change out that obnoxious 180 degree selector for a 90 degree unit (like the AR) which is also ambidexterous, check with AZEX Arms or on their website daewoorifleparts.com. We designed and built a selector for them and they still have some in stock last time I checked. Having to sweep that selector around a half-turn is a pain in the ass.

100_0157.jpg

Nice, you knew what I was talking about...HAHAHA

I will check that out, thanks...

Nice, you knew what I was talking about...HAHAHA

I will check that out, thanks...

Anyone that has shot a Daewoo knows what you're talking about :lolol:

If the Daewoo was the only thing I knew about Korea I would assume that Koreans have thumbs about 6" long :ded:

I'm a lefty too, but my trigger finger doesn't have the moxy to switch the safety while keeping a firm hold on the grip. I just went and tried...Impossible...But I have little sissy la-la hands though...

Its not just the safety though, it is the lack of a BHO paddle. To lock the bolt back you have to yank on the CH and pull back on the bolt release paddle...STUPID...

The mag release button is extremely small and put in an awkward position directly under that slab of receiver....STUPID DUMB

The CH side opening has that extremely sharp protrusion that slices your index finger like butter if you are unfortunate enough to grab the CH too deeply with your hand and yank her back.

And really, what's with the little rolly knob microscopic charging handle??? Koreans are small, but that is just dumb. Maybe my gun was made with parts destined for thailand???

The stupid lock to get the upper reciever off...DUMB!!!

Like I said, I do not love this weapon, Poor attempt at making an AR more like an AK...UTTER Failure but it is unique and not a bad shooter either, thats why i have mine. that and it was given to me...LOL...

Edited by lvjeffro