Siaga 30-06 new rifle

what do you all think of my new -30-06 siaga i want some bigger mags for the 30 cal shooters

PICT0052.jpg

30-06 siaga scroll down to see it

Its really a 308 and i am so mad!!!!!!!!! iT wont take surefire or factory mags over 3rds. IS THERE ANYWAY TO MOD TO GET THE SUREFIRES OR FACTORY MAGS TO WORK IN A MODEL 100

Edited by trapper308

Yep, if you dont have an FFL you have to have it shipped to a gunshop. Go to one, ask them for their FFL and send it to whomever you bought the rifle from. They will ship it to the FFL holder, you come and pick it up.

i dont know.. but i was just asking, seeing how i dont have a FFL

Initially I kind of scoffed at the question, but then I realized not everyone knows everything... of course.

So, here's the deal, when you purchase a firearm, which needs to be mailed, the seller must ship the firearm to an appropriate FFL holder, there are different classes of FFL, which I won't get into. The FFL who receives the firearm, in turn does the NICS check and transfers it to you. If I purchased a firearm from you, you must ship the firearm to my FFL and he would transfer it to me. Antique weapons are exempt from this rule.

Wikipedia has a decent article on FFL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License

alright thanks vbrtrmn.. yeah not sure if i ever posted this, but im only 18, so im just now getting into this great word of rifle ownership... and to try to stay on topic, does anyone know if anyone is making a higher cap mag for the 30-06?

alright thanks vbrtrmn.. yeah not sure if i ever posted this, but im only 18, so im just now getting into this great word of rifle ownership... and to try to stay on topic, does anyone know if anyone is making a higher cap mag for the 30-06?

The 30-06 and the 20ga don't get any respect. No after market mags that I know of.

if you are 18 no wonder you would ask such a question and they dont give FFL's to 180 year olds either. YOu need to go to the ATF ( Bureau of Alcohol and Firearms) web page and read all buying and trading and selling rules from in state and out of state tranactions and itll help you aout a lot if i ever have a questions i go to it. You dont need to do anything until yo uread it all and you know the LAW.