I'm picking parts for a conversion.

The stock selection is challenging. I want to use the Saiga in competition 3 gun matches. The folding and skeleton stocks look good but I have serious reservations as to how effective they are for shooting. I don't see where a good cheek weld is obtained from any thing but a regular AK type stock.

I guess in realistic terms I don't see ever shooting the gun with the stock folded in a match.

What are your thoughts, thanks for the help!

The stock selection is challenging. I want to use the Saiga in competition 3 gun matches. The folding and skeleton stocks look good but I have serious reservations as to how effective they are for shooting. I don't see where a good cheek weld is obtained from any thing but a regular AK type stock.

I guess in realistic terms I don't see ever shooting the gun with the stock folded in a match.

Someone will inevitably tell you to do a search....but to give my opinion, the best stock is the 6 position AR type stocks because if a stage requires you to shorten the stock because of small confinements then you have that option. Tunnels have definitely been an advantage with my Saiga!

Someone will inevitably tell you to do a search....but to give my opinion, the best stock is the 6 position AR type stocks because if a stage requires you to shorten the stock because of small confinements then you have that option. Tunnels have definitely been an advantage with my Saiga!

Thanks.

I know I could do a search, but I wanted to here recent opinions from shooters that shoot there saiga in competition. Seems new equipment is popping up daily.

What AR type stock do you use and why? What is the shortest and longest dimension?

What receiver end do you attach to stock?

Can the weld on Tromix be used?

Thanks.

Like nailbomb said, it is personal preference, but a fixed stock and folding stocks have limits. With an adjustable you can shorten it to about 6.5" up to full length of like 11" or so. I personally use a tapco t6 and a cheap rubber butt pad on the back. I have used a CAA stock saddle and it was fine but not necessary. In my opinion if money was not an issue then I would like to have a internal receiver block with the folding ar adaptor. Then add the enidine shock stock with a Magpul CTR stock. This would allow 6 length adjustments, folding capabilities, the stock locks in place so it is not rattling, and the enidine will help with recoil for slugs. I shoot my gun on low brass settings and just absorb the recoil when it comes to slug shots. Yes it is slightly harder on the mechanism, but slugs are rare in USPSA here. On the low brass setting my Estate 1 oz slugs are 10" high at 100 yds!