removing gas plug

I use a quarter. If it's really stuck you can clamp some vice grips on a quarter and get it out usually.

Thanks! The quarter worked. It got pretty mangled though. Had to use pliers with it to get the plug out. I like the gunfixer plug much better. Easier to adjust. Will try it at the range soon.

I use a quarter. If it's really stuck you can clamp some vice grips on a quarter and get it out usually.

Thanks! The quarter worked. It got pretty mangled though. Had to use pliers with it to get the plug out. I like the gunfixer plug much better. Easier to adjust. Will try it at the range soon.

Yeah that happens sometimes. I keep a pre mangled quarter on my workbench just for that purpose. I just hammer it out flat after it gets bent.

Be sure to clean your threads good with a wire brush and it's a good idea to put a little "never-seez" (a liquid graphite compound) on the male threads (the plug) before putting it back in. This is especially true with the gunfixr's plug. I used my prototype plug without it and wished I hadn't. It got so stuck in there I had to use a piece of leather, wrapped around it, and some channel lock pliers to get it back out. I still don't have a newer model of the plug (like most others who got one of the first rd MD-20's has received), so I'm not sure if they did anything to it to make it easier to remove without worrying about boogering up the knurling.

Does the gf plug count as 1 American part in an upgrade?

No it does not the puck counts as one here is a nice post on the compliance parts. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;hl=922+count

At least that's what We're assuming. Nobody knows for sure since the ATF has never given a definitive answer whether the puck or the carrier extension is the countable part.

Help!! My gas plug is stuck. I tried the quarter and all I get is a bent quarter. I don't understand why. I was able to open it about a month ago for some cleaning. Now I can't even budge it from setting #1 to setting #2. Any suggestions?

I'm having a similar problem. With a lot of force I managed to get the old plug out, and when putting the new plug in, the directions say to fit it until it bottoms out, and I'm not sure it is bottoming out. I do hear little clicks as it gets close though, how do I know what gas setting the plug is on, or if it's seated properly? With the old plug, one number would be face up, and that was what setting it was on.