http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=a3211

Found this on another site and was seeing if anyone else had heard of this. I guess it's not in yet but is picking up steam and could be an end result. If so what next or what else.

This is why i don't live on the east or west coast. They can keep their laws and their view. :smoke:

They won't go door to door, they will require that you turn them in and then go through the records find out which ones are missing and start from there. I totally understand why they would feel these weapons are a threat city once martial law is implemented.

Yuppers.... Like me... :up:

It is too bad that mine fell in the lake... Otherwise *IF* this EVER did go through... I would just take a trip to Pennsylvania with it... and give it to my father for his birthday...

Read the TEXT of the proposal... it mentions 50 caliber or larger... that removes *ALL* 12 gauge and 20 gauge shotguns, as well as *ALL* 50 caliber muzzleloaders... as the proposal reads now... That one will NEVER fly. :ded:

:smoke:

I totally understand why they would feel THREATENED BY LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WITH (sarcasm apparently missed by amending original post) these weapons once martial law is implemented.

Fixed it for you...

Fixed it for you... :haha:;):smoke:

Yuppers.... Like me... :up:

It is too bad that mine fell in the lake... Otherwise *IF* this EVER did go through... I would just take a trip to Pennsylvania with it... and give it to my father for his birthday...

Ya know... I got some .50 BMG laying around... Could use something to shoot it in...

I know man, I always joke that WWIII will be started with a slight misunderstanding through text. For real though Ive seen lot's of thugs walking the streets with a Barret 50 cal tucked in there pants, lot's of quick stop and liquor store robberies happen with 4 dollar a round ammo. :lol:

• 1 month later...
its a crock, everyone i know that owns a .50BMG is middle aged or greater and has led a law abiding productive life to be able to afford them. Retired cops, military...Ect...

I guess I would fall into the category of the very few 21 year olds that own a .50bmg... interesting, must be the crazy alaskan in me :super:

its a crock, everyone i know that owns a .50BMG is middle aged or greater and has led a law abiding productive life to be able to afford them. Retired cops, military...Ect...

I guess I would fall into the category of the very few 21 year olds that own a .50bmg... interesting, must be the crazy alaskan in me :super:

(Criminal from Alaska, probably working with Palin and the Russians. Ultimate goal=no Jews, no Moose.)

(Criminal from Alaska, probably working with Palin and the Russians. Ultimate goal=no Jews, no Moose.)

Got me pegged to a T do ya? I guess I should watch out and report back to my EX governor that you guys are onto us.

Got me pegged to a T do ya? I guess I should watch out and report back to my EX governor that you guys are onto us.

That would be the reasonable and humane thing to do.

• 1 month later...

And does anyone know how many crimes have been committed with a .50 BMG ......?

Approximately zero.

I have a bad feeling that this law may cause a spike in boating accidents. Don't NY lawmakers have any consideration for public safety?

News flash. "Weapons" is non specific as defined in this bill. Say goodbye to your .73 caliber 12 gauge shotguns, boomerangs, baseball bats, and all other "dangerous" weapons over 1/2 an inch in diameter New Yorkers.

Just to be safe, you better surrender your pecker as well (if you still have one).

Coming soon to your closest NY medical facility - mandatory human microchiping.

WS