good to hear so i couple this with the tromix modded g2 and im pretty much golden right? (well along with the dremmeling and refinishing and such)

Dremelling is up to you. With the Tromix D-I-Y trigger guard, there's really nothing to drill or dremel at all . . .

Assuming you're gonna throw on a Saw grip and US made buttstock, then yeah, you're golden.

no but back when i first joined you offered a great deal of help getting me started in the s-12 word as well as cobra im in south fl you also offered advise on my romak 3 build but i ended up having a local smith do it it turned out real well

wow, I totally forgot to punctuate...sorry!

ok i ordered the Tromix D-I-Y triggerguard and Tromix modded g2 kit from MAA yesterday, and I also went to lowes and bought two pacs of the HILLMAN 3/16" black nylon hole plugs as described by jd1 (thanks man) I already had a tapco saw grip and m4 stock (intrafuse set) I had used to ghetto convert one of my other s12's I also jumped on the CHAOS express and ordered a quad (thanks for the awesome deal Cameron!!!) but i missed it by two days (payment sent on the 9th) so i wont get it till August.....but its worth the wait even though ill have blue balls by then just thinking about how awesome it will look on my s-12. hopefully MAA will keep up their rep of ridiculously fast shipping ...maybe tomorrow!?! that would be sweet anyways ill keep updating with pictures as they come!

Im so excited i should get my parts in the mail tomorrow and I'll get to do my conversion :super:

I cant find the youtube video for converting the s-12 should I just watch the x39 video? or can someone post the link?

They convert the same.

The shotguns are easier (no feed ramp).

OK so i officially agree with nalioth these are amazing as well as the tromix modded g2 trigger group and for those with non converted s-12's you really need to feel the trigger pull its AMAZING i kept thinking to myself eh the trigger isnt that bad on a stock s-12 but holy crap its smooth and short BUT me and my stupid self have a few questions

1. how do i get the tromix shepherds crook in there (i got the bho in but i cant figure this out makes me feel incompetent)

2. the tapco saw grip that comes with the intrafuse set is not the same as an ak saw grip is it?

1. how do i get the tromix shepherds crook in there (i got the bho in but i cant figure this out makes me feel incompetent)

hooks_all.jpg

myway.gif

2. the tapco saw grip that comes with the intrafuse set is not the same as an ak saw grip is it?
Probably not.

ok next question my right hand of my trigger return spring keeps falling into the middle of my fcg and if i hold the trigger down the other spring isnt strong enough to release the hammer

also the safety wont go in because the bho is in the way

Install the trigger first, along with the BHO spring. Then install the safety. Then install the BHO lever. Then install the hammer. Then install the shephards crook. I believe if you read the instructions that come with the Tromix DIY kit, it will explain it that way.....of course I may have fucked it up......that happens from time to time.

Once you install the BHO lever, you won't be able to get the safety in after it.

Tony

Thank you very much guys it turned out AWESOME!! :super: I'll post pics in a while. I was extremely pleased and the fact I did it myself made it that much better. I ended up pulling the pin out of the hammer half way and skooching the bho lever forward slightly enough to let the safety in looking back though Tony Was right ALWAYS follow the instructions especially when they come from Tony Rumore !

btw +100000000000000 to Tony and Tromix for puting out such an awesome product :victory:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, This is my first post so please forgive me if it's a stupid question.

But with the Tromix DIY trigger guard what else needs done to do the conversion. Like is there step by step directions on how to do a conversion with the trigger guard. I'm assuming using it gets read of the need to rivet, but also no hole cutting? I'm sorry but I just don't understand how it works.

Any help would be appreciated, I am buying my first s12 this week if all goes well and want to know the easiest way to do a good conversion.

Thanks.

Hello everyone, This is my first post so please forgive me if it's a stupid question.

But with the Tromix DIY trigger guard what else needs done to do the conversion. Like is there step by step directions on how to do a conversion with the trigger guard. I'm assuming using it gets read of the need to rivet, but also no hole cutting? I'm sorry but I just don't understand how it works.

Any help would be appreciated, I am buying my first s12 this week if all goes well and want to know the easiest way to do a good conversion.

Thanks.

There are several conversion tutorials here. The Tromix DIY guard takes care of the hardest part; the moving of the triggerguard and the mounting of the pistol grip. You simply remove the old triggerguard and bolt on the DIY, remove the FCG and install the new one in the forward position. Tony gave a good sequence tutorial above. If you buy the DIY guard and the Tromix FCG there is no grinding, drilling, or dremeling required (assuming you tear off the old triggerguard with your teeth).

Thanks.

There are several conversion tutorials here. The Tromix DIY guard takes care of the hardest part; the moving of the triggerguard and the mounting of the pistol grip. You simply remove the old triggerguard and bolt on the DIY, remove the FCG and install the new one in the forward position. Tony gave a good sequence tutorial above. If you buy the DIY guard and the Tromix FCG there is no grinding, drilling, or dremeling required (assuming you tear off the old triggerguard with your teeth).

Nice I think I will use the drill press and save my teeth lol. ok It sounds actually pretty easy. Easier then I figured it must be so I assumed I was missing something. I'm sure once I have everything infront of my face it'll all make sense. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Anyone have any pics?

Not underatanding the "bolt on" theory without drilling holes in the reciever.

Help (if anyone can)

Thanks.

Nice I think I will use the drill press and save my teeth lol. ok It sounds actually pretty easy. Easier then I figured it must be so I assumed I was missing something. I'm sure once I have everything infront of my face it'll all make sense. Thanks

Anyone have any pics?

Not underatanding the "bolt on" theory without drilling holes in the reciever.

Help (if anyone can)

It's really quite simple.

When you remove the "Klinton Krap", you'll have 3 holes where rivets were holding it all on.

saiga556_664_a.JPG

The Tromix All-in-one trigger guard just bolts on using those holes.

Whats required if you dont buy the diy trigger gaurd?

You do what folks have done for 12+ years - you reuse the trigger guard that came with the gun.

Also hows the pins stay in after they habe been drilled out?

Well, you shouldn't drill the pins out in the first place (you're supposed to reuse those, too).

Your Saiga will come with a pin retaining wire that you can use to hold the pins in, or you can buy an aftermarket solution.