Is FBMG out of business? Because if they are, they took my money almost 3 months ago with the promise that this month they would be filling orders for new 308 mags. Have I been played for a sucker?

In searching this forum I can't find anything. Their website doesn't come online. Their phone number appears disconnected. I've called James Bunten at 801-842-2632 yesterday - no reply as yet.

Any body know what's going on? I worry that I've been ripped off.

Edited by storminNorm
Is FBMG out of business? Because if they are, they took my money almost 3 months ago with the promise that this month they would be filling orders for new 308 mags. Have I been played for a sucker?

In searching this forum I can't find anything. Their website doesn't come online. Their phone number appears disconnected. I've called James Bunten at 801-842-2632 yesterday - no reply as yet.

Any body know what's going on? I worry that I've been ripped off.

Apparently FBMG had problems with their building, their landlord, their investor, and OSHA which caused them to move out of their retail location, and since all of their phones were at their retail location they now no longer have any in-service phone numbers that I am aware of. Their website is apparently down as well (which may or may not be related to their building/landlord/investor/OSHA problems). Whether this is a permanent situation (i.e. they are going out of business) or not I do not know. Apparently at this point the only way to contact FBMG is to try e-mailing James Bunten. His e-mail should be james@fbmginc.com .

James posted some of the details of the problems FBMG is having over on the AR15.com forums. Just go to the last post of this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&...37&t=369254

ask at their forum......

http://fbmg.yuku.com/

I have not heard.....

That forum is dead. For a while FBMG had been posting over at http://wethearmed.com/ . Currently there is also a thread over there about FBMG's troubles:

http://wethearmed.com/index.php/topic,4730.0.html

...................they took my money almost 3 months ago with the promise that this month they would be filling orders for new 308 mags...................

If FBMG ends up not being able to fill your order for .308 mags, you could get some polymer Surefire magazines, or some metal magazines from csspecs. He is a contributor to this board who recently started making all metal 20 round magazines for the .308 Saiga. There is a thread on these magazines over in the Saiga .308 section at:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=36718

Edited by Frogfoot

Thanks guys,

You all have been a big help. Mastercard tells me I can most likely get my money back even if they've gone out of business. I have 118 days. Since FBMG took my money out on May 9th, I still have enough time.

Also, thanks to The Vigilante for the Post Note.

I'll keep trying to get a hold of James Bunten and I'll post what I find.

I had been wanting to pick up sveeral of the FBMG mags and held off any GB listings when they announced their "presale" on the new production.

But after seeing their fine print of requesting full payment many months in advance, it smelled of a shaky situation.

Especially when their stated regular selllling price was only going to be about 10-15% more, that was NOT worth letting them have all my money for some unknown period of time.

Its a shame that more American companies cannot seem to make a go of it on these mags. I guess FBMG just isnt big enough in terms of their overall comnpany size to invest sufficiently in this individual product.

HarvKY

A few days ago I tried to contact James at FBMG by phone and email at James@fbmginc.com but have not spoken or heard from anyone. The website continues to be down.

I bought their .308 Saiga magazines over a year ago. Although a little wobbly they've fired reliably the few times I've used them. So I thought I could trust them with my payment well in advance for this production run.

I'm sorry for all their building headaches but the trust at this point is gone.

I prepaid for 6 of them and I'm not cryin because I have been through this with them before.They have a hard time getting parts and this are having to work on other stuff to keep the lights on but they have come through 3 time for me and I assume they will come through this time as well.

My email of to-day to James at FBMG through their website:

"Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've been trying to reach you with poor success. You took out $100 back on May 9th, 2009 for an order of 308 Saiga mags. It's almost the end of July and I have still not received them. What's up?"

James from FBMG replies:

"If you go back and re-read the original post about the discounted but it says that it would take around 12 weeks to finish cutting the new pieces in the mold. When I left for annual training last week they still were not ready. I will see if they are ready when we return on the 18th of August. - James"

Although I still have my guard up I do feel a little better. Their 801-571-1160 contact phone number still "cannot receive phone calls at this time" <_<

• 4 weeks later...

3 days ago on the 22nd I tried going to FBMGinc's website. It was offline again and still is. I emailed him at sales@fbmginc.com on that same day and still haven't received a reply. So I just now called James Bunten at 1-801-842-2632 and left him a message.

Anybody else got some more new info.?

I just called James Bunton's 801-842-2632 number. The message says he'll be out of the country until Sept. 25 and is unclear on how he can be reached. His website is still offline, he hasn't returned my email or phone call. What a shame.

I just called Mastercard and got my refund.

• 3 months later...

I sent an Email to Pvt Pyle on the AK-Forum.

Hello Pvt Pyle,

I ordered 3 .308 magazines when you posted that you were going to have a preorder sale for them on the Saiga-12 forum. I called the order in on Oct 15 2006 and was charged $106 and was told a delivery date of around October 2009. I'm still without product.

I'd like to either have the three magazines or my money back.

Joe-------

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=38486&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1