Can I shoot 309-310 steel core bullets out of Saiga 308?

I bought a box of 308 bullets this past weekend that I was going to use for my K31 but they turned out to be 309-310 sized and not 308 sized.

They are 163-165 grain steel core 310 bullets that are probably pulled from old 7.62x39 or something.

Can I safely shoot those out of the Saiga 308?

I am not going to use them in the K31 since it has a slightly smaller than 308 bore.

I wouldnt... not for the .308... you can run .308 bullets down a .311 barrel... but I wouldnt go the other way with it...

If I had them.. I would reload them for the X39 or the PSL... BOTH of which I DO reload for...

want to sell em?? :lol:

:smoke:

I wouldnt... not for the .308... you can run .308 bullets down a .311 barrel... but I wouldnt go the other way with it...

If I had them.. I would reload them for the X39 or the PSL... BOTH of which I DO reload for...

want to sell em?? :lol:

:smoke:

I don't reload for my PSL or x39.

How about 60+ shipping? I won't end up using them since I can't use them in my Saiga 308 or K31. There are about 420+ bullets in the box.

Edited by bobotech

Did you slug your barrel to see if its .308 or .310 ,311? They all say 7.62 which is supposed to be .308. Just get some lead fishing weights that won't quite fit. lube the crap out of the weight and the barrel and just drive it though with a wooden dowel then measure the lands. Use this linkyhttp://www.surplusrifle.com/reloading/slug/index.asp

Edited by utahhandyman