says kalishnakov on the side?

Just a side note, the Kalishnakov USA Saiga is the only listed Saiga specified as an AK-47 series assault weapon in Kalifornia. It is illegal to purchase or import into the PRK and must have already been registered with the state to own. All other makes of Saigas, although practically identical, can be purchased like any other long gun with just the typical background check, including my RAA version.

Edited by stix213

No... $600.00 for the pair... He bought a pair of them, for $300.00 a piece... ( each)

Still a fair price... I would have also for the Kalashnikov importer stamped models :up:

:smoke:

the kalashnikov USA imports were the ones that would run standard ak mags with no mods. maybe thats why they were banned in CALI.

i bought one new back in 1998 and i have one in my safe right now that belongs to my wifes brother.

it too runs the standard ak mags. feeds and locks in with no mods. i ordered him some thermold mags to be 922r compliant with his parts count. he installed a tapco intrafuse stock set.

the kalashnikov USA imports were the ones that would run standard ak mags with no mods. maybe thats why they were banned in CALI.

i bought one new back in 1998 and i have one in my safe right now that belongs to my wifes brother.

it too runs the standard ak mags. feeds and locks in with no mods. i ordered him some thermold mags to be 922r compliant with his parts count. he installed a tapco intrafuse stock set.

That's possible, but another reason is it was the only one available at the time the law was made. They never updated the list since then, and the Governator signed a law a few years back making it illegal for the state attorney general to add any new models, so until the laws change all new AK models are legal.