New Saiga-12 Puck from E-Tac

Okay, here's the deal...

There's a ton of different pucks out there for the Saiga-12, so we came up with something new and different that will aid in removing the buildup of gunk in the gas block. Precision machined from pre-hardened 416 stainless bar stock.

Images are of our prototype batch. Final testing will be concluded by the end of the week. The final release version will be ready early next week.

Dealer pricing available.

Aloha

EDIT: The TwisterPuc is now shipping.

They are available at either direct at www.gogun.us or at Carolina Shooter's Supply.

post-6356-1248515671_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, this is one of the three prototypes that we are testing. All look very much alike but have different flow rates.   Aloha Esteban

If you want I will send you one to test. Also I've had this design for awhile... Just look at a some other guns, pistons etc and you will see its nothing new to the rest of the world (just the Saiga w

Posted Images

Okay, here's the deal...

There's a ton of different pucks out there for the Saiga-12, so we came up with something new and different that will aid in removing the buildup of gunk in the gas block. Precision machined from pre-hardened 416 stainless bar stock.

Images are of our prototype batch. Final testing will be concluded by the end of the week. The final release version will be ready early next week at an introductory price of $29.95 shipped.

Dealer pricing available.

Aloha

Looks like a good design, I'll try one.

Interesting design. Does it actually clean the fouling?

Yes, this is one of the three prototypes that we are testing. All look very much alike but have different flow rates.

Aloha Esteban

• Like 1

You're going to need smaller grooves, your going to lose a lot of your initial gas volume in the grooves around the perimeter which is going to be detrimental to cycling. Something looks strangely familiar about this tappet also :rolleyes:

You're going to need smaller grooves, your going to lose a lot of your initial gas volume in the grooves around the perimeter which is going to be detrimental to cycling.

A very good point. I lost interest in this one rather quickly.

Edited by TheDarkHorse
You're going to need smaller grooves, your going to lose a lot of your initial gas volume in the grooves around the perimeter which is going to be detrimental to cycling. Something looks strangely familiar about this tappet also :rolleyes:

+1. I am concerned about compression loss. It will be interesting to see the test results.

I bought a King Armory Puck to correct a gas problem I was having with a pos saiga build of mine. KA's puck works great and seriously has helped. I feel I made the right choice. When their puck came out I thought it was quite inovativel. Funny this new one looks like they took a King Armory Puck and milled some funny looking flutes in it. I am not sure my saiga would have worked better with this one. Seems it gives up the advantages for which King Armory orgininally disigned it to solve. Just my thoughts.

If you want I will send you one to test. Also I've had this design for awhile... Just look at a some other guns, pistons etc and you will see its nothing new to the rest of the world (just the Saiga world). It's just a simple puck with flutes that took me 3 minutes to draw up and desing.

Aloha

• Like 1

If you want I will send you one to test. Also I've had this design for awhile... Just look at a some other guns, pistons etc and you will see its nothing new to the rest of the world (just the Saiga world). It's just a simple puck with flutes that took me 3 minutes to draw up and desing.

Aloha

Could you send me one also? :rolleyes:

Aloha

Could you send me one also? :rolleyes:

Me to! LOL.

I'll be a Beta tester :smoke:

Why do the spiral flutes break out part way into the circumferential groove? That leaves sharp slivers where the flute connects to the big groove. Those are going to snag on the gas block threads, break off, cut fingers, and generally look bad. Aesthetically I'd rather the flute cuts stopped short, or else cut them through all the way. You can see where the radius of the tool that cut the spiral flutes just barely broke out, and it's not consistent from one cut to the next. EDIT: just realized those pictures are only prototypes.

Anyway, I like the design. Seems like it would work really well, plus it looks cool. Reminds me of a big brenneke slug! Try clean up da flutes, den sell planny! :)

Edited by aresv
Good old American Ingenuity at its best. :)

Question;

Is the Mass the same, more or less than other pucks?

The mass is less.. I will post pictures of the 2 production models that will start selling early next week. One is the standard and the other is the Magnum TwisterPuc with a tuned exhaust grove that blast out the crud through the stock S12 exhaust port!!!!

• Like 1

It might be a good idea to have a dozen or so Beta testers. I see you have about three volunteers. I would like to be the 4th. In return, we can do a write-up with pics and experiences. As you know, personal experiences from real users will go a long ways in good PR. By the way, I am using a 8" shorty Saiga-12 which can be finicky so I could offer a unique viewpoint.

If you are open to the idea, PM me for my address. I would even do it for a discount on the product after testing.

Thanks for your consideration.

Eric Seaton

eseaton

Having several beta testers would be good for another reason as well, varying tolerances. No two S-12's are the same and the dimensions vary a bit. Just because a part fits your shop Saiga doesn't necessarily mean it will fit all. If you can get it to fit at least 95% of them without modification then you are probably good-to-go or close to it.

The various machine guns we use have similar groves on their operating rods that serve the same purpose, cleaning carbon as they function. I'll have to grab one of these.

Well sand and dirt groves have been around a long time, as has been previously pointed out. Two of my FALs have them on the bolt and in the receiver. As to whether they actually clean or simply provide a space that is non-critical functionally for the crud to collect and therefore the firearm to continue to perform is up to debate, but they accomplish the same purpose. I can also see where the diminished bearing surface could cause too much of a lost in peak gas pressure. I guess that testing will tell.

As to the comment that it resembles other gas pucks on the market, well I have to concur. It does, in a variety of firearms. But then again, how much different can a S12 gas puck be... and still continue to function?