New Saiga-12 Puck from E-Tac

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, this is one of the three prototypes that we are testing. All look very much alike but have different flow rates.   Aloha Esteban

If you want I will send you one to test. Also I've had this design for awhile... Just look at a some other guns, pistons etc and you will see its nothing new to the rest of the world (just the Saiga w

Posted Images

Having several beta testers would be good for another reason as well, varying tolerances. No two S-12's are the same and the dimensions vary a bit. Just because a part fits your shop Saiga doesn't necessarily mean it will fit all. If you can get it to fit at least 95% of them without modification then you are probably good-to-go or close to it.

Do you think that my vault full of S12 from the 90's to now with over 10 versions would suffice? I am pass the beta stage, and have over 200 different S12 to drop these pucks into.

Now please get back to your own business.

Aloha

• Like 1

Jammer, as a mechanic and a shooter, that looks pretty innovative if it works. As stated, lots of guns have carbon scrapers by design. If I follow your train of thought correctly, the grooves should cause it to spin and help cut crap out.

Multec style fuel injectors work off the same principal, except they use a ball bearing that rotates vs the old needle/seat style to keep things clean and constantly changing. I don't need one, but I'm interested enough that I'll probably buy one just to see. Good luck and keep on thinking........innovation doesn't just happen on it's own.

Having several beta testers would be good for another reason as well, varying tolerances. No two S-12's are the same and the dimensions vary a bit. Just because a part fits your shop Saiga doesn't necessarily mean it will fit all. If you can get it to fit at least 95% of them without modification then you are probably good-to-go or close to it.

Do you think that my vault full of S12 from the 90's to now with over 10 versions would suffice? I am pass the beta stage, and have over 200 different S12 to drop these pucks into.

Aloha

Was just making a suggestion, had you put the little fucking detail about the "vault" full of Saigas and whatnot in any one of your posts then it would have been explanatory. However, your posts pretty much said "prototypes", "testing now", "selling next week", and "designed in 3 hours", smacking of something that might be being slightly rushed to market. All I was doing was making sure you were aware (since you didn't specify in any of your posts) that your product was tested on enough different guns that you didn't run into product problems. I was also trying to offer some technical assistance, since we spent about 3 WEEKS designing and about 4 MONTHS testing our product and had figured out a lot of details in the process and was trying to save you some problems. But if you want to cop an attitude you can file it in the drawer marked "up your ass" :rolleyes:

I like the idea of it.

What is the production OD ? I ask because I've had 12's and 20's come through here from 0.827 to 0.821 id for the gas block

.8245" is our production OD.

We will stock other sizes if customers have problems, and exchange program that will make sure you get the puc that fits.

Aloha

• Like 1
Jammer, as a mechanic and a shooter, that looks pretty innovative if it works. As stated, lots of guns have carbon scrapers by design. If I follow your train of thought correctly, the grooves should cause it to spin and help cut crap out.

Multec style fuel injectors work off the same principal, except they use a ball bearing that rotates vs the old needle/seat style to keep things clean and constantly changing. I don't need one, but I'm interested enough that I'll probably buy one just to see. Good luck and keep on thinking........innovation doesn't just happen on it's own.

Thanks,

The pictured front and left Standard TwisterPuc, right Magnum TwisterPuc.

The Standard is a fully sealed puck that will work with all loads.

The Magnum is a full flow puck with a tuned exhaust grove that will rotate as gas exits the exhaust port on the S12.

The MagPuc needs high power rounds to function properly, although it will cycle light loads on most 4 port guns that are broken in we recommend it for high base stuff.

Most of the hot load over gased the S12 system so the MagPuc will help to reduce the pressure faster while cleaning out the crud and slightly reducing recoil.

Aloha

post-3545-1248565313_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Thanks,

The Magnum is a full flow puck with a tuned exhaust grove that will rotate as gas exits the exhaust port on the S12.

The MagPuc needs high power rounds to function properly, although it will cycle light loads on most 4 port guns that are broken in we recommend it for high base stuff.

Most of the hot load over gased the S12 system so the MagPuc will help to reduce the pressure faster while cleaning out the crud and slightly reducing recoil.

Aloha

Those look awesome!

Aloha

Was just making a suggestion, had you put the little fucking detail about the "vault" full of Saigas and whatnot in any one of your posts then it would have been explanatory. However, your posts pretty much said "prototypes", "testing now", "selling next week", and "designed in 3 hours", smacking of something that might be being slightly rushed to market. All I was doing was making sure you were aware (since you didn't specify in any of your posts) that your product was tested on enough different guns that you didn't run into product problems. I was also trying to offer some technical assistance, since we spent about 3 WEEKS designing and about 4 MONTHS testing our product and had figured out a lot of details in the process and was trying to save you some problems. But if you want to cop an attitude you can file it in the drawer marked "up your ass" :rolleyes:

Well I'm sure the 3 weeks designing and 4 months you spent testing your product was greatly appreciated during the three hours Estebon spent measuring the King Armory Puck, ohh... but he did turn it into a buzz saw. :rolleyes:

Purhaps I should spend more time concerning myself with the appearance of the inner parts of my guns. :cryss:

I think switching out my rails for saw blades might look cooler too. :rolleyes: Despite its long term consequences. However, I'm sure those saw blades could cut through all the crap that builds up in e-tac weapons, all 200 in his closet. Glad to hear he is finally "out."

No sand in the mangina here, was just giving some helpful advice and got shit on so I returned the favor. There isn't going to be any 'sides' or any scrapping, just had to put the smack down on a little bit of unneeded attitude. Carry on folks, nothing to see here.

Thanks,

Aloha

Those look awesome!

Thanks, we will have a special sale for the set (one standard TwisterPuc, and one Magnum TwisterPuc) early next week.

http://gogun.us/

post-3545-1248645164_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
A link would be great!

I can't find 'em at GOGUN or CSS,...

Thanks,

I will have mine up by tomorrow night.

Greg

I see the standard size, will you be selling the magnum ones as well?

Yes we will. I will have it up tonight.

Greg

when i tilt my saiga 12 i can hear the puck slide and hit ,do any of the new pucks correct the noise ,or do i have to live with it? the puck i have came with it new.

You want it to move freely. That means it is not clogged up.

Greg

when i tilt my saiga 12 i can hear the puck slide and hit ,do any of the new pucks correct the noise ,or do i have to live with it? the puck i have came with it new.

No, that is the sound of a clean gas block....

• Like 1

These look pretty cool.. continual innovation of proven designs will only improve the S-12's function/reliability.

Still, I have a Gunfixr gas plug.. with that, there seems to be little/no reason to replace the factory puck.

Once several forum members have tested them and can attest to how well they reduce carbon build-up... then I'll make my decision on this part.

As I said, though.. they do look cool. :D

These look pretty cool.. continual innovation of proven designs will only improve the S-12's function/reliability.

Still, I have a Gunfixr gas plug.. with that, there seems to be little/no reason to replace the factory puck.

Once several forum members have tested them and can attest to how well they reduce carbon build-up... then I'll make my decision on this part.

As I said, though.. they do look cool. :D

Ah, but you will never SEE them. lol. Any updates on how they work?