The Arsenal SGL-31 rifles have arrived, and they arrived in Izmash SAIGA boxes, and the rifles are marked "SAIGA" on the side. I know, because I have one. That being the case, it is 100% factual to say that 5,45X39 SAIGAS are HERE and IN THE COUNTRY... so it is indeed time for a forum dedicated to them... c'mon mods, lets see one!

The Arsenal SGL-31 rifles have arrived, and they arrived in Izmash SAIGA boxes, and the rifles are marked "SAIGA" on the side. I know, because I have one. That being the case, it is 100% factual to say that 5,45X39 SAIGAS are HERE and IN THE COUNTRY... so it is indeed time for a forum dedicated to them... c'mon mods, lets see one!

I second the motion. All in favor say "aye".

we are taking deposits on these.........just so you guys know....

Hey Bvamp:> how long have you guys been in business? Ive really never heard of you guys.

TO EVERYONE ELSE:> Anyone ever do business with this outfit? I'm usually hesitant to throw money at a company without a track record, so I'd love to hear some feedback. :dollar:

Would like an AK 74 5.45 forum also.... ;)

:haha: ....I am just waiting for Nalioth's post.... :haha:

Why would I need to post? I've expressed my opinion more than once on this subject.

come on man, we all know you couldn't resist! Anyway the guys over at theakforum.net have pictures of the SGL31 up as of now. Its stamped "Saiga".

Would like an AK 74 5.45 forum also.... ;)

:haha: ....I am just waiting for Nalioth's post.... :haha:

Why would I need to post? I've expressed my opinion more than once on this subject.

come on man, we all know you couldn't resist! Anyway the guys over at theakforum.net have pictures of the SGL31 up as of now. Its stamped "Saiga".

The origin has never been in dispute.

I just resent the fact that one of the biggest gougers in the firearms industry got them imported "on a technicality" and is currently gouging the s**t out of ignorants . .

bigsal -

Ive been here quite a while, and the guy i work with was the first one to convert a saiga 12. give our business section a look over for pics and video......

oh, we are the ONLY warranty repair center for these guns in the USA.....

No offense, bigsal, but your deadhead graphic doesnt give me much confidence in selling a firearm to you......

No offense, bigsal, but your deadhead graphic doesnt give me much confidence in selling a firearm to you......

Ha! Nicely put. :smoke:

I haven't heard of you guys as Ive never had to send a rifle in for repair, but its good to know you guys handle that kind of thing. Ill keep you in mind when these things come out. Its usually my policy to buy from the cheapest source, but if a forum business member sells these for $10-20 more than the low cost outlets like aim or classicarms I'll change that policy.

Edited by bigsal

I second the motion. All in favor say "aye".

I'm not interested in this specific Saiga, but I like to see this place expand, so.............AYE!

If this isn't a joke, it's one of the dumbest things I've ever read here. "No offense" of course.

we are taking deposits on these.........just so you guys know....

Hey Bvamp:> how long have you guys been in business? Ive really never heard of you guys.

TO EVERYONE ELSE:> Anyone ever do business with this outfit? I'm usually hesitant to throw money at a company without a track record, so I'd love to hear some feedback. :dollar:

I've bought from them before.

Fast and smooth.

No problems.

nalioth's statement above is the most honest thing i've heard in awhile!

i've owned 1 arsenal ak. damn thing patterned like a shogun literally. was ALL over the paper. made mini14 groups look excellent.

only thing that accomplishes is it puts a bad taste in peoples mouthes and if i would have been a first time ak owner that would be the way i'd view every ak.

an ak that patterms like a shotgun for $800. or......... my $200 mak90 that shoots quarter sized groups past 50yds.

i think GOUGING is an understatement.

If it comes from Arsenal Inc it is tainted with the stench of fail and ripoffery even if it did start out at Izhmash ;)

I guess thats true if:

1- by "fail" you mean offering a great product that lots of people buy

2- by "ripoffery" you mean a price you are unwilling to pay.

Plenty of forum members own these. Plenty of others (myself included) want to own a few of their models. Arsenal does great marketing, but can you honestly call their gear a rip off??? Their prices are maybe a touch to high, but not a rip off.

Lots of hate on this board for arsenal..... I wonder why? :chris:

Edited by bigsal
but can you honestly call their gear a rip off???

Yes, you can.

you might have had an argument if you hadnt have quoted SOPMOD just before it, who was willing to pay it, and saw firsthand what a ripoff it was.

I think if you google "arsenal rip-off" his post on the subject is on the first page.

Its been my experience that the biggest fans of the assemblers of Las Vegas are the people who don't own any of their weapons, much like HK.

Their entire business model is based on lies. Ill pass.

A lot of folks make thier desicion on a rifle, using thier sense of a carefully weighed balance of features that begins and ends at one thing only; price.

And wether or not these are or are not a "ripoff", everyone's opinions aside, the fact remains;

5,45 SAIGAS are now in COUNTRY - why do we not have a fourm for it?

I believe the suggestion has been passed along to the one and only person who can create a new section--Makc, the forum owner. It'll be here when he feels it appropriate.

Just out of curiosity, how many forum members actually own an AK in 5.45, or more specifically a 5.45 Saiga? This should not include any Tantals that have been around for some time, and it is apparent there has not been an outcruy to have a separate section for these, although I recognize they are not Saigas. Acknowledging Peach State, a businesws member here, has offered some AK74's made by TNGuns, at this time, why should we essentially give Arsenal their own section on this forum when they are not even business members and I believe no true Saigas in 5.45 out of the box are yet available?

I believe the suggestion has been passed along to the one and only person who can create a new section--Makc, the forum owner. It'll be here when he feels it appropriate.

Just out of curiosity, how many forum members actually own an AK in 5.45, or more specifically a 5.45 Saiga? This should not include any Tantals that have been around for some time, and it is apparent there has not been an outcruy to have a separate section for these, although I recognize they are not Saigas. Acknowledging Peach State has offered some AK74's made by TNGuns, at this time, why should we essentially give Arsenal their own section on this forum when they are not even business members and I believe no true Saigas in 5.45 out of the box are yet available?

I'm sure there are plenty of us with SAR-2s and WASR-2s out there. Quite a lot of Bulgarian AK74 kits have been sold by the various vendors over the past few years, as well.

And I agree with waiting until RAAC gets their 5.45x39 Saigas out there (which according to multiple sources, should be any time). If Arsenal/K-Var sticks to their play book, they'll only import 1500 or so 5.45x39 Saigas and the prices on those won't ever drop down to "reasonable" levels (which is exactly why they do it this way).

Just out of curiosity, how many forum members actually own an AK in 5.45, or more specifically a 5.45 Saiga? This should not include any Tantals that have been around for some time, and it is apparent there has not been an outcruy to have a separate section for these, although I recognize they are not Saigas. Acknowledging Peach State, a businesws member here, has offered some AK74's made by TNGuns, at this time, why should we essentially give Arsenal their own section on this forum when they are not even business members and I believe no true Saigas in 5.45 out of the box are yet available?

Well I'm in line for one when they are available.

I'll probably pick one of these up when they come in sporterized. I personally don't think there should be a forum for the gun until that happens, though. That's the whole attraction to the Saiga platform, they're cheap, you can tinker with them, and they're fully customizable.

I already have a very good post-ban Arsenal SLR-105 in 5.45 Russian that I bought back in 2005. The price for a post-ban was a very reasonable $425 as they were still in production and being imported. Arsenal will regularly drop different rifle models from the catalog and the SLR-105 was soon discontinued thus, artificially increasing the values. The much awaited SLR-106 in .223 was introduced some years ago in pre-ban form (some with factory side folding stocks) with a retail of $700+ !! When multiple problems with the SLR-105 appeared owners questioned the quality control and eventually the initial cost. I am very much a fan of the 5.45 and the Saiga rifles. I just hope Arsenal doesn't screw-up the Saiga rifle's reputation.

A lot of folks make thier desicion on a rifle, using thier sense of a carefully weighed balance of features that begins and ends at one thing only; price.

And wether or not these are or are not a "ripoff", everyone's opinions aside, the fact remains;

5,45 SAIGAS are now in COUNTRY - why do we not have a fourm for it?

Redsoldier:> Bingo, The SGL31 comes pre-converted with fantastic furniture and extras the eventual RAA version will lack. All in all I cannot see it as a rip off. But I agree thats not the point, the point is that a sub forum is needed. The mods are aware of it though, so I don't think we need to press the point.

ReverendFranz:> Ive handled two arsenal products (a 107fr and recently and SGL20) and fired one of their products (the 107fr). While they lack a few collectors features (no accessory lug on the two I messed with, plus the SGL20 lacked a brake) they are built well. In fact they have a very low amount of complaints across the web on their newest batch of rifles (Yes they had issues with early gear). While I would rather convert my own, these things are not outrageously priced. I mean my time is nearly worthless I make less than $15 an hour, but your average person is going to figure about two or three hours for conversion time. Really when factoring in time and effort, they are very reasonably priced.

:haha: As for their marketing being based on lies, I agree with you there. And Im no expert, but isn't most marketing built on lies??? :haha:

Ronswin:> Not likely, Arsenal has a great brand image and very high customer satisfaction across most of the forums I've been on where people know what they are talking about.

Elvis:> Not sure why you think the way you do man. So by your reasoning, unless their is a sportized version, its not worthy of a sub forum? Really?

Donkismash:> I like pictures as well. Their are some up right now in other forums (not sure what the rules are for outside links, so you'll have to find them yourself). The units say "Saiga" on the receiver. Its legit.