OK who else likes the SKS's

001_1-2.jpg

There's been more added to the collection since this pic, It's Abby through Yugo

Beat up Yugo 59/66 that I got for $100

Cut the barrel down to 17" and recrowned, pressed and pinned a Chinese front sight on it.

Cut, weld and grinded the rear sight off clean and added a G3 rear sight to the receiver cover.

YugoSKSchop1.jpg

My German clone, built it from a nutered Russian

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

I like them. Nice collection. I had hoped that they would dive in price a bit because the Saiga is clearly a better weapon but they have stayed high and to me it's not worth the price when I can get a Saiga for just a bit more. Now, 100 bucks, that's a good deal. Nice collection.

I've got two Yugo SKS's, one I got off of Gunbroker pretty cheap, probably $175, the stock was a bit beat up. Some douche bag (the previous owner?) had modified the bolt partially to use AK-style mags, but seems to have stopped half way through modifying it. The rifle wouldn't cycle properly, I got a replacement bolt off of Numrich, seems to be fine now. A buddy of mine bubba'd his SKS and gave me his old stock, so I'll probably replace the existing one.

SKS Drum - Good deal. I still got one, dont use it though. It's worth more than a SKS.

Its not an SKS drum. We built three identical guns like the one pictured all on SKS-M (takes AK mags) base guns so the drum shown is actually a 75rd Norinco AK drum

whoa! what's this carry handle? want one just like it!!!

We do limited runs of them a couple times a year, they're folding handles made to fit the SKS and the AK/RPK. We're getting ready to do another run in a couple weeks, if you want one shoot me an email or give us a call.

whoa! what's this carry handle? want one just like it!!!

We do limited runs of them a couple times a year, they're folding handles made to fit the SKS and the AK/RPK. We're getting ready to do another run in a couple weeks, if you want one shoot me an email or give us a call.

I am most interested - can you please post pics on how does it attach to the gun? I am mounting a heavy scope on beryl-type rail and my S308 is getting pretty heavy. Would like to make sure the handle attaches securely and not interfering with the scope.

I wasn't to impressed. The idea of a pupped SKS is nothing I wish to own. I'm a lefty so bullpups tend to take out teeth with the bolt handle.

I wouldn't mind hearing about it when you get it together.

Thanks vbrtrmn for the advice. I have bought many junk sks mags, 40's and 30's. Thay are all laying next to the safe. Very cheap metal. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any company that actually sells working mags. I have some Tapco 20's, just want something a little more. I wish Tapco would make a quality 25 rounder.

The best steel mags for the SKS are the ones made by "USA Magazines" and have been out-of-production for years. They made 10, 20, 30, and 37 round versions. You can find them on Gaybroker, AuctionArms, or Ebay occasionally. I've accumulated a pretty good pile of them over the years, I try to scoop them up when I can.

I just nabbed a Yugo 59/66 SKS for my b-day the other day, went and test-fired it with 100 rounds. Except for two times, it failed on every 8th shot, the 9th and 10th cartridges would jam up! One would get loose or whatever and jam it up while the other one chambered! I had to take it back so the on-site gunsmith can repair it, for free, obviously. I don't blame them for it not working right, it's not like they can test all the guns they get in, especially used ones.

I took a few pics before it went back.

k1au81.jpg

mauo07.jpg

Edited by Big Boss

I paid some D-B tweeker $20.00 to buy one for me when I was 15ish, It was a brand new russian for $120, I felt like rambo (so did my dipshit friend who started bump-fireing indiscriminately down the field with Chinese steel core armor piercing 7.62x39, until "farmer John" crested the hill waveing his arms sceraming! :oops: ). If you can get them cheap their good. I wouldn't pay much for them. Just the other day I saw a chineese for $700.00!!!! I felt like telling the guy to shovit up..... :deadhorse: That drumed one was cool though.

At any rate, if you ever expect to use an sks in a real life or death situation, it should take AK mags so you can swap them out faster plus their more plentyful.

You should have seen the look on my fathers face when I gave it to him the day I was shipping off to bootcamp. :eek: He was like "How the fuck!" :eek: