clean saiga gas tube?

how do you guys clean the gas tube?

I use Remington Bore cleaner. This is good for removing lead. If you shoot a lot of slugs, you will get lead in the gas tube and it will start to get in the way of your piston. Lead is hard to see because it is the same color as the tube, but Rem bore cleaner will desolve the lead immediatly.

I remember someone saying a LONG time ago that they used tampons.....

I personally use a bore snake and break-free or CLP, or whatever I happen to be using at the time.

I refuse to put used tampons in my gas tube. Although outside the box, I think it is sick and unsanitary.

Don't knock Tampons.

I replaced the RADAR on a Army LC and the wave guide (A squarish tube that the RADAR signal passes through from the control unit to the antenna) had ingested salt water and had Iraqi dust in it too. The wave guide was about 35 feet long with many bends.

A female Coastie was providing cover/armed security while we were fixing the RADAR (We were in UmQasr) and heard our problem of not being able to clean this wave guide. We were going to try rags or brushes tied to a wire or cable. Coastie Chick asks what's the diameter of the guide and we say "18mm X 24mm". She goes below on the 110' Cutter berthed alongside and tosses us a box of Tampons and says, "Works on 25mm Bushmaster barrels".

Boss laughs and sez, "IT'S WAY TOO SMALL!"

Coastie sez, "Get it wet and it'll open up."

So we dropped half the chain down the guide, tied Tampon to the middle of the chain, wet it with solvent and pulled it back and forth a few times.

Clean as a whistle!

Next day we came under sniper fire and this young lady and her Gun Crew manned the 25mm Chain Gun and returned fire resolving the sniper 'issue'.

Pretty young gal, She was not yet 21.

Not USED tampons.......a person used clean tampons to clean it.

I personally use a bore snake and break-free or CLP, or whatever I happen to be using at the time.

I refuse to put used tampons in my gas tube. Although outside the box, I think it is sick and unsanitary.

Not USED tampons.......a person used clean tampons to clean it.

My mistake. I was in a hurry and didn't read close enough.