This shows how dumb I am

Well, I am the proud owner of a Tromix S12, but admittedly I'm not that bright when it comes to the saiga 12. I can't for the life of me figure out how to take off the gas tube. I unscrewed the gas regulator (I have no idea what that is called that goes from 1 to 2 to change the gas setting) and cleaned that out inside as well as removed the bolt, op rod and cleaned out inside, but is there a way to take the gas tube off like you can on a regular AK? Any info would be appreciated.

Well, I am the proud owner of a Tromix S12, but admittedly I'm not that bright when it comes to the saiga 12. I can't for the life of me figure out how to take off the gas tube. I unscrewed the gas regulator (I have no idea what that is called that goes from 1 to 2 to change the gas setting) and cleaned that out inside as well as removed the bolt, op rod and cleaned out inside, but is there a way to take the gas tube off like you can on a regular AK? Any info would be appreciated.

remove the gas regulator, piston and bolt carrier... so you have a great big open tube.....

I use some #9, standard 12 ga patches... wire/brass brush and clean it like I do my barrel....

remove the gas regulator, piston and bolt carrier... so you have a great big open tube.....

I use some #9, standard 12 ga patches... wire/brass brush and clean it like I do my barrel....

I guess my biggest problem is that the puck didn't just fall out when I unscrewed the gas regulator. It would move forward and backward, but wouldn't fall out the front. Is it a bad idea to push something through the other end to push it out?

I guess my biggest problem is that the puck didn't just fall out when I unscrewed the gas regulator. It would move forward and backward, but wouldn't fall out the front. Is it a bad idea to push something through the other end to push it out?

Before I got mine broken in, to get my puck out I'd have to tap very gently on the puck with the cleaning rod with the gun pointing down.

get the piston out by removing the gas regulator and the bolt carrier.

and poke it out from the buttstock end with your cleaning rod...

or... place barrel muzzle to the floor with gas regulator removed, rack bolt and let her fly home...

you may end up chasing the piston rolling about the floor though...

Is it a bad idea to push something through the other end to push it out?

You're not gonna hurt anything by using a cleaning rod to push it out.

Other useful suggestions have been rendered, as well.