WTB pre-ban glock 17 hi-cap mags

Back in the early 90s (I could check the original sales receipt thats in the safe for the exact date) I bought a Glock 17. It is a first gen frame and came with a pair of first gen NFML mags. This has been my daily carry piece for many years and I have always been happy with it. Recently however I have run into serious trouble with my mags.

Both of the mags have developed a very significant crack down the front of the mag body. When they are loaded with more than 12-13 rounds the spring pressure causes the crack to gape open in a very disturbing manner. I am afraid to load them any further for fear that the mags will fail catastrophically. I feel that I can no longer depend on these mags and trust my life to them.

The first mag developed the crack in January, the second this last weekend at the range.

So seeing as I am a Mass resident I am still subject to a High Capacity mag ban. Hi-Caps are perfectly legal to me to own (I have a MASS class A Hi-Cap LTC) but only if they were made before 1994. I know that pre-ban hi-caps can be found if you look hard enough but I have been searching the shops in Mass for replacements since January and have come up empty.

So if you have Glock 17 mags that you know are pre-ban, and would be willing to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. But please, I have no desire to break any laws so if you do not know that the mags are pre-ban I do not want them.

For reference check the pic below. Pre-ban mags are the the first four labeled 1, 2, 3 and 4.

glockG17mags.jpg

Back in the early 90s (I could check the original sales receipt thats in the safe for the exact date) I bought a Glock 17. It is a first gen frame and came with a pair of first gen NFML mags. This has been my daily carry piece for many years and I have always been happy with it. Recently however I have run into serious trouble with my mags.

Both of the mags have developed a very significant crack down the front of the mag body. When they are loaded with more than 12-13 rounds the spring pressure causes the crack to gape open in a very disturbing manner. I am afraid to load them any further for fear that the mags will fail catastrophically. I feel that I can no longer depend on these mags and trust my life to them.

The first mag developed the crack in January, the second this last weekend at the range.

So seeing as I am a Mass resident I am still subject to a High Capacity mag ban. Hi-Caps are perfectly legal to me to own (I have a MASS class A Hi-Cap LTC) but only if they were made before 1994. I know that pre-ban hi-caps can be found if you look hard enough but I have been searching the shops in Mass for replacements since January and have come up empty.

So if you have Glock 17 mags that you know are pre-ban, and would be willing to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. But please, I have no desire to break any laws so if you do not know that the mags are pre-ban I do not want them.

For reference check the pic below. Pre-ban mags are the the first four labeled 1, 2, 3 and 4.

glockG17mags.jpg

I'm confused. I see differences in the first three but #4 throws me off. What exactly do you look for on the mag?

I'm confused. I see differences in the first three but #4 throws me off. What exactly do you look for on the mag?

#4 is pre-ban and has the caliber text "9mm" lower down on the non tapered portion of the mag.

#5 is a low-cap I could order online at any time.

#6 is a post-ban from the time of the federal AWB. The caliber text "9mm" was moved up to make room for the "LE/GOVT ONLY" text that the federal AWB required.

#7 is post-ban from after the expiration of the federal AWB. The "LE/GOVT ONLY" text was removed but the "9mm" remained higher up on the tapered portion of the mag.

Massachusetts laws suck. You need to do lots of homework just to stay legal. It's so confusing that even dealers and LEO sometimes get things wrong.

I have some from my Gen I Glock 17. They're the non-drop free models that came with the pistol back when I bought it in 1988 or 89. I'm not sure if you're wanting this type, but there's NO question they're pre-ban. Feel free to PM me if you're interested in that type.

Corbin