Finally found mag pouches worth buying!

I have been looking for some new mag pouches that would actually hold something besides a couple of dinky M16 mags effectively and I found it and the quality is super high,US made and it only cost me $40 and will hold almost every type of magazine I use so no changing out pouches on my vest whenever I want to train with a different weapon.

Saiga 308 FBMG mags(will fit the surefire 25rd mags as well)

MeasurementsAKGear097.jpg

Galil 308 25rd mags

MeasurementsAKGear104.jpg

Single 7.62x39 30rd AK mags

MeasurementsAKGear103.jpg

Double 7.62x39 30rd AK mags

MeasurementsAKGear096.jpg

Quad 32rd Uzi or 9mm AR15 mags

MeasurementsAKGear092.jpg

Double 32rd Uzi or 9mm AR15 mags

MeasurementsAKGear094.jpg

33rd Glock 18 machine pistol mags

MeasurementsAKGear101.jpg

Mouse Gun mags fit too(double M16 mags)

MeasurementsAKGear100.jpg

I have waited 20 years to find a pouch that was actually wide enough to hold mags for "Big Guns" but had enough retention and elastic to allow a secure carry without burying the damned mag and I am very pleased.

I think this pouch would hold 35rd Galil mags perfectly as well but I don't have any where I can stick them in there to try it out but I only ordered one of these pouches to try it and will be buying more as this will now be the standard magazine pouch for all of my weapons platforms.The adjustable flaps velcro inside the body of the shingle and allow some adjustment on the flaps and if they would make them a little longer I'd bet this pouch would do Saiga 12 8rd Russian magazines quite nicely in addition to what I have already tried so far.

Edited by SOPMOD
  • Like 1
Good stuff, can I get them in another flavor? I don't wanna be "that guy" wearing all desert camo in a woodland environment you mentioned in another post :smoke::haha::cryss:

Funny stuff,I didn't specify a color and he automatically sent me some desert stuff,LOL

I guess the name Coyote Tactical and being based out of Arizona should have set off a bell in my head about "Baby Poop Brown" but he said he would exchange them for Ranger Green or Charcoal Grey when I placed my next order :D

I don't know what all colors he has access to but you can email him yourself and find out

davidbosen(@ symbol goes here)yahoo.com

These are singles?

Doubles for AK47,Galil 223,P-Mags etc but singles for Galil 308,Saiga 308,Saiga 12 5rd.

Each Shingle holds 6 AK47 mags but the elastic has enough power to hold single mags well enough to keep them from flopping around.

You know this looks a lot like the setup i have on my vest. I've said befor it was a nice setup, but the material was a bit thin... Hearing from you this stuff is built well i'll probably pick one up. It won't have the sentimental value the other pouch does, but why not?

You know this looks a lot like the setup i have on my vest. I've said befor it was a nice setup, but the material was a bit thin... Hearing from you this stuff is built well i'll probably pick one up. It won't have the sentimental value the other pouch does, but why not?

This guy went crazy with the heavy thread and the thick doubled up material and MOLLE webbing so it's probably pretty tough.I would rather someone err on the side of caution and overbuild something than save a couple of bucks but this stuff is about the same price as some Philippines made Blackhawk stuff but about twice as beefy.

These are singles?

Doubles for AK47,Galil 223,P-Mags etc but singles for Galil 308,Saiga 308,Saiga 12 5rd.

Each Shingle holds 6 AK47 mags but the elastic has enough power to hold single mags well enough to keep them from flopping around.

I guess my question was less then clear. Are they single cell, no matter how many mags they hold, or are they 3 cells? I can not tell from your pics if that it three single cell carriers laid side by side, or one double or triple cell. (Not that the pics are in any way bad!)

Thanks!

• Like 1
These are singles?

I guess my question was less then clear. Are they single cell, no matter how many mags they hold, or are they 3 cells? I can not tell from your pics if that it three single cell carriers laid side by side, or one double or triple cell. (Not that the pics are in any way bad!)

Thanks!

This shingle has 3 cells holding 6 AK47 mags for $40.

I thought that was pretty cheap at $6.66 per magazine for modern load bearing gear.I spoke with him today about making me a custom armor carrier for my TLIIIA US Armor Terminal Velocity vest and my Diamox HT rifle plates and he said he would do it for $250!!

I figure this guy is really good and will eventually realize that he is waay underpriced but I am going to get as much fully custom stuff as I can until then.

Edited by SOPMOD
  • 3 weeks later...
I have been looking for some new mag pouches that would actually hold something besides a couple of dinky M16 mags effectively and I found it and the quality is super high,US made and it only cost me $40 and will hold almost every type of magazine I use so no changing out pouches on my vest whenever I want to train with a different weapon.

Saiga 308 FBMG mags(will fit the surefire 25rd mags as well)

MeasurementsAKGear097.jpg

Galil 308 25rd mags

MeasurementsAKGear104.jpg

Single 7.62x39 30rd AK mags

MeasurementsAKGear103.jpg

Double 7.62x39 30rd AK mags

MeasurementsAKGear096.jpg

Quad 32rd Uzi or 9mm AR15 mags

MeasurementsAKGear092.jpg

Double 32rd Uzi or 9mm AR15 mags

MeasurementsAKGear094.jpg

33rd Glock 18 machine pistol mags

MeasurementsAKGear101.jpg

Mouse Gun mags fit too(double M16 mags)

MeasurementsAKGear100.jpg

I have waited 20 years to find a pouch that was actually wide enough to hold mags for "Big Guns" but had enough retention and elastic to allow a secure carry without burying the damned mag and I am very pleased.

I think this pouch would hold 35rd Galil mags perfectly as well but I don't have any where I can stick them in there to try it out but I only ordered one of these pouches to try it and will be buying more as this will now be the standard magazine pouch for all of my weapons platforms.The adjustable flaps velcro inside the body of the shingle and allow some adjustment on the flaps and if they would make them a little longer I'd bet this pouch would do Saiga 12 8rd Russian magazines quite nicely in addition to what I have already tried so far.

Nice pouch...too bad it is not digital to match my BDU :cryss:

• 3 months later...

has anyone had any recent dealings with the maker of these? I sent an email back when the thread was new and asked him to make some pouches for me, but have sent several emails after that to inquire about my order. I have not sent any money and am not out anything but time. Maybe he changed his email or somthing like that? If anyone has good contact info or knows of another source for a mag carrier of this type, I would be grateful.

Thanks Russ

I'm really confused... I want to order one of these mag shingles but I don't know this person is. Everyone is talking about this person in pronouns, I need to know specifically who and how to contact this person.

Who do I email? Be specific please.

I'm really confused... I want to order one of these mag shingles but I don't know this person is. Everyone is talking about this person in pronouns, I need to know specifically who and how to contact this person.

Who do I email? Be specific please.

Mods, if I'm transgressing here please delete with my apologies:

davidbosen@yahoo.com or coyotetactical@gmail.com

I haven't tried to send him an email as I won't be ready to order from him until after Christmas.