Having read all the information posted i am now completely confused,

I have a 7.62x39 saiga with skeleton stock, i have bought a UTG foregrip quad rail, by attaching it to the rifle have i now violated 922

Any advice would be really helpfull

I don't think that the handguard would take a gun out of "sporting" configuration. Magazines with over 10 round capacity, pistol gips, folding/collapsible stocks, muzzle attachments and bayonet lugs are what you have to take into consideration.

I don't think that the handguard would take a gun out of "sporting" configuration. Magazines with over 10 round capacity, pistol gips, folding/collapsible stocks, muzzle attachments and bayonet lugs are what you have to take into consideration.

You are allowed to have "two" evil features before 922r kicks in with the big "no-no" in using a "non sporting magazine" (a mag over 10 round capacity) in a non-922r compliant long gun.

"Hand guards" are not considered "evil features".

Thanks, so if my understanding is correct as long as you don't change the " evil features" that deem it "none sporting"

I.e. Pistol grip , high capacity mag , collapsible/telecopic/folding stock

then it remains a sporting rifle within 922

is that correct?

Thanks, so if my understanding is correct as long as you don't change the " evil features" that deem it "none sporting"

is that correct?

I'd suggest you have a good read through the rest of this subforum. All of your questions have been asked and answered previously.

is that correct?

I'd suggest you have a good read through the rest of this subforum. All of your questions have been asked and answered previously.

I did thats what got me confused as all the threads mention part counts, and the foreguard is mentioned but i couldn't find anything about just replacing the foregaurd,

Sorry

is that correct?

I did thats what got me confused as all the threads mention part counts, and the foreguard is mentioned but i couldn't find anything about just replacing the foregaurd,

Sorry

We answered your hand guard question in this thread (the one you're reading right now).

My suggestion to read through this forum was in response to your question in post #5.

• 4 weeks later...
Should have bought a AMD65 or real AK. Less trouble.

. . . until you get the one that was originally a 'training rifle' for some basic training unit. You know, the one that has had a zillion rounds fired through it w/o any maintenance? The one they used in the videos where they keep throwing it under the moving truck tires? Lots of vendors'll just blast and park a kit like that and the end user won't know any different until he shoots it a few times.

The Saiga is a brand new Kalashnikov. With a brand new hammer forged military barrel (not a US made barrel). So it takes a little bit of work to "de-Klintonize" it - so what?

If you're mathematically challenged, I guess the 922r laws might be "troublesome", but if "xbox360" could do it, I really don't see any reason anyone else should have "trouble".

If you're mathematically challenged, I guess the 922r laws might be "troublesome", but if "xbox360" could do it, I really don't see any reason anyone else should have "trouble".

Ouch! He just played the xbox360 card!