broken locking nut on PK-AS

I've searched the boards and the net looking to find a replacement locking bolt. It looks like mine is stripped and does not lock in and hold tight. This is the round part that should snug up tight when the locking arm comes forward. It looks like it needs more metal to lock in tight.

I am assuming that I can buy a replacement, but maybe not. Anyone know where i might be able to locate parts for the sidemount scopes?

My neighbor wants me to glob jb-weld on it and dremel it down until it fits again. I'd rather come here and get your opinion

I've searched the boards and the net looking to find a replacement locking bolt. It looks like mine is stripped and does not lock in and hold tight. This is the round part that should snug up tight when the locking arm comes forward. It looks like it needs more metal to lock in tight.

I am assuming that I can buy a replacement, but maybe not. Anyone know where i might be able to locate parts for the sidemount scopes?

My neighbor wants me to glob jb-weld on it and dremel it down until it fits again. I'd rather come here and get your opinion

Post a picture so I know exactly which component you require. This is probably not the best forum to ask about that particular unit. I own one, but I only know of four other board members who do as well. Parts for it are no longer being imported, but depending on which part is broken, I may be able to point you in the right direction.

thanks for the response. i had it mounted on my 7.62, but decided the s12 was a better fit. here it is.

post-18315-1248695797_thumb.jpg

it seemed loose to begin with, but i must have chewed up the locking nut somehow.

post-18315-1248696146_thumb.jpg

it looks like i just need to replace that 1 part and it will lock down much tighter.

thanks for the response. i had it mounted on my 7.62, but decided the s12 was a better fit. here it is.

post-18315-1248695797_thumb.jpg

it seemed loose to begin with, but i must have chewed up the locking nut somehow.

post-18315-1248696146_thumb.jpg

it looks like i just need to replace that 1 part and it will lock down much tighter.

Three options. First, and most expencive, you can ask the people at avtomats-in-action (tantal@sbcglobal.net). He has lots of parts and access to many types of spares. Second, the assembly is standard on lots of cheaper optics, you might just buy one made for airsoft and harvest the nut. Third, you could size it and go to the hardware store and find something similar.

I might just be missing what the problem is, but you do know that the existing hardware can be tightened, right? That is the purpose of the locking plate on the bottom, so you can move the throw arm to tighten it down. my POSP came loose from the factory and had to be adjusted.

I might just be missing what the problem is, but you do know that the existing hardware can be tightened, right? That is the purpose of the locking plate on the bottom, so you can move the throw arm to tighten it down. my POSP came loose from the factory and had to be adjusted.

If you look at the photo you can see how the locking part is a little chewed up. I think I found the part I need to replace here.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=626

I will not be ordering from there, and will go through Tantal if I can, but it is nice to see that I can find these parts. Thanks for the replies.