are you happy with your (non-factory) stock?

No, welding is not required, as you can do either what teaser did, which is an adaptor that screws to the tang + ace hinge + tromix stock (omit the hinge to save an inch),

or cut the tang off with a saw or dremel and install an adaptor block

like this one (MAA or CSS)

MSAISA.JPG

which would be even shorter, with or without the hinge.

No, welding is not required, as you can do either what teaser did, which is an adaptor that screws to the tang + ace hinge + tromix stock (omit the hinge to save an inch),

or cut the tang off with a saw or dremel and install an adaptor block

like this one (MAA or CSS)

MSAISA.JPG

which would be even shorter, with or without the hinge.

Thanks.

Now a quick question about the folding mechanism itself. I see there are two available to use:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...ECHANISM/Detail

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...sm-Saiga/Detail

The first has a push button and is 30 dollars more. The second does not have the push button.

Now, I figured all of these would have a button. How would the second release without a button? Will it lock as securely in place as the first one? Trying to figure out whether the extra 30 dollars is a worthwhile expenditure or not.

Thanks again.

Jim

Thanks for all of the information, everyone.

I like the Tromix stock, but I think I will go simple for my first conversion with a KVar Warsaw Pact length normal stock. After I gain confidence with my first conversion, I will probably use the Tromix for my second. I do intend to have two of these eventually, funds permitting.

Jim

I dont beleive the Tech-sight Requires a tang to mount, I thought all of its hardware fits inside the dust cover, though most of the beryl style rails, that go over the dustcover do require a tang to mount

Just so as to not leave things hanging, I've confirmed that the Tech Sights do not mount to the tang as I had read in an early report. Now if I could only decide between them and the Krebs peep sight....