Do you screw the gas plug down all the way then back it off to get you

I unscrewed my gas plug all the way out to clean inside the port and now,I totally forgot if i have to screw it all the way back in and then back it off to number 2 .As far as i know it was set at number 2 from the factory.I do know that when you go to screw it back in that the little detent pin will catch on number 2 like three times before it bottoms out all the way to the gas block thing.As for when it suppose to stop on 2 i dont know.

UPDATED POST WITH PICTURES OF MY GAS PLUG ORDEAL

Edited by thx1971

the initial setting, is the first #1 setting that you back the "gas blind plug" out to from the flush, fully-seated position. when you go to gas setting #2, you UNSCREW it half a turn, regardless of if it will work by seating it half a turn more to get to #2. When going BACK to #1, you turn it 1/2 a turn into the gas block , etc.

there is a small amount of play in this, but when you get your blind plug set correct at #2, setting to #1 is ALWAYS threaded in, and #2 is always threaded back out.

Some guns, you will have a near seat on #1 or #2 setting, and this is not your initial setting. wherever it seats at, you back out to #1, and that is the initial setting you want.

Im repeating myself here. Sorry, cant explain it without showing you, without saying it 2 or 3 times or some shit :)

All the way in, BACK it out to the first #1, then back out still to #2. screw in 1/2 turn to go back to #1.

if you suddenly have gas issues, unscrew ONE complete turn and use that setting. The beauty of this gun is its not an exact science.

You should have a <1mm gap between the gas block and lip of the gas blind plug when you have it at the proper depth, however your gun EXACTLY works out.

Just dont go unscrewing it 3 revolutions or anything, and you will be OK.

This is the damn digital age, I should just take a damn video of it for the new users and get it over with.

the initial setting, is the first #1 setting that you back the "gas blind plug" out to from the flush, fully-seated position. when you go to gas setting #2, you UNSCREW it half a turn, regardless of if it will work by seating it half a turn more to get to #2. When going BACK to #1, you turn it 1/2 a turn into the gas block , etc.

there is a small amount of play in this, but when you get your blind plug set correct at #2, setting to #1 is ALWAYS threaded in, and #2 is always threaded back out.

Some guns, you will have a near seat on #1 or #2 setting, and this is not your initial setting. wherever it seats at, you back out to #1, and that is the initial setting you want.

Im repeating myself here. Sorry, cant explain it without showing you, without saying it 2 or 3 times or some shit :)

All the way in, BACK it out to the first #1, then back out still to #2. screw in 1/2 turn to go back to #1.

if you suddenly have gas issues, unscrew ONE complete turn and use that setting. The beauty of this gun is its not an exact science.

You should have a <1mm gap between the gas block and lip of the gas blind plug when you have it at the proper depth, however your gun EXACTLY works out.

Just dont go unscrewing it 3 revolutions or anything, and you will be OK.

This is the damn digital age, I should just take a damn video of it for the new users and get it over with.

Here is a few pictures of what Im dealing with here

The first picture here is of the gas plug screwed in all the way ,notice how # 1 is not in the little dentent

Picture010.jpg

Here is a side view of the same picture

Picture011-2.jpg

Here is picture of my first turn of the gas plug set on number 2

Picture012.jpg

Here is another picture of the # 2 setting with the gap

Picture013.jpg

Here is a picture of the setting on #1 ,to me i think this is where it should be,but not sure

Picture014-1.jpg

And here is the final sideshot of the #1 setting and the gap,

Picture015-1.jpg

From the picture I posted do you guys think this is the proper setting for number 1,I counted one turn from the gas plug from flush

Tighten it till it won't go any more, then back out to #1 That's setting 1

Tighten it till it won't go any more, then back out to #2 That's setting 2

But to have either one correctly, you must first tighten up all the way.

Judging by your pictures, you have it right!

Edited by TheDarkHorse