A few years back I bought a 75 round mag to replace the 50 which was stolen from me. The 50 worked perfectly, but not the 75. Has anyone had good experiences with these? Any tips on how to get faulty mags to work? I have a pile of mags and clips next to the safe, that dont work properly. Any feedback appreciated? Does anyone know where to find 50 round mags that work? Thanks guys

Are you referring to a 75 round drum?

Or are you referring to one of these?

ak47with100roundmagazin.jpg

If you're referring to the stick magazines, anything over 40 rounds capacity is a "novelty", and not really made for functionality.

I made some 60s out of crappy promag 30s. Funny thing about it is they work better after being turned into 60s.

I used a soldering iron and some metal mesh to reinforce the seam. Basically cut through the mag using the ribs as the guide, sight through the mag from both sides to line up the back so the follower will ride smooth. Have a hard surface that will support the mag on the for about 2-3 inches on each side of the seam.

Use a stirring motion to mix the plastic from both sides with the soldering iron. Once you thing you have i,t put the mag together and slide the follower all the way to the bottom a few times making sure its perfect.

Once you know its perfect load it full and with the soldering iron melt in some mesh or wire to reinforce the seam. I say to load it because you will have a tendency to deform the mag body at the seam when you melt the mesh into it.

IMG_4951.jpg

Edited by csspecs

I am referring to the mag not the drum. I have several drums 75 and 100's.The first pic is of a 100. I have a 75. It does not work correctly, but I can say with confidence that the 50's do work. 50's are hard to find tho. There are some 50's that are junk, but the ones being sold 3 or 4 years ago work great. My 50 was stolen. That 60 looks really good. You dont want to sell any do you? I really like your saiga 308 metal mags also. Do you think there is any hope in tweeking the 75 to get it to function? Thanks guys

Are you referring to a 75 round drum?

Or are you referring to one of these?

ak47with100roundmagazin.jpg

If you're referring to the stick magazines, anything over 40 rounds capacity is a "novelty", and not really made for functionality.

Looks like a boomerang.. "You got to put a sharper eage then that on it you bloody darby." :lolol:

A few years back I bought a 75 round mag to replace the 50 which was stolen from me. The 50 worked perfectly, but not the 75. Has anyone had good experiences with these? Any tips on how to get faulty mags to work? I have a pile of mags and clips next to the safe, that dont work properly. Any feedback appreciated? Does anyone know where to find 50 round mags that work? Thanks guys

Ok Not to make any one mad here.. But Why a 50 round Mag?? Someone would say "why the 75 Drums" But I use them for my RPK's. (Yes I know that I live in New York State, But I can say to the LEO, "Prove there NOT Pre-Ban") There Soviet Military drums. So Why the 50 or 75 round Mag's?? If for FUN, then wright on bro. :super:

BTW When there back in stock I found one for $32.72 Here

Edited by Zazale
Ok, not to make anyone mad here.. But weigh a 50 round Mag! Someone would say "weigh the 75rd drum" but I use them for my RPK's. (Yes, I know that I live in New York State, But I can say to the LEO, "Prove they are not Pre-Ban") They're Soviet Military drums. So why the 50 or 75 round Mag's?? If for fun, then right on bro. :super:

BTW When they're back in stock I found one for $32.72 Here

:smoke:

The type I am talking about is made out of a 40 and a 30, made of the same quality metal as a typical 30. I have actually bought those types of 50's that you have in the pic, they do not work. If you have ever had anything stolen from you, you might understand my motivation to replace this 50. I wish I could just get over it but I dont think I will until I find one. The quality 50 I had I purchased from CTD 4 years ago, the ones they sell now are junk. Thank you guys for all the help.

• 4 weeks later...

I have lots of drums and different mags. The reason I want it is for personal satisfaction. Anyone who has had a gun stolen from them understands the wish to replace what was stolen. Thank you all for helping. The 50 above is not good quality.