Anyone have a recoil bufer in theie SAIGA 12, pros and cons?

I tried one and regret not buying ammo for the money. The buffer does nothing, the bolt doesn't even reach that far anyway. I took it out because Mikhail Kalashnikov designed the AK WITHOUT A BUFFER and it could cause a jam. Buffers are good for guns which were designed to use them!!!

It's a shame that unscrupulous merchants make such products which are solutions to non existing problems.

Edited by uzitiger

Sorry for the shity pics, it looks just a little worse in person. Kinda surprising to even look at it.

The dust cover flies off now, too.

It may not seem like much to most, but in comparison side by side with one that has ran a buffer it's whole life - the one with the buffer looks untouched and in excellent condition.

I hate buffers in most guns, and do not recommend them, but in this case - I believe it is a must. (unless you like repair bills)

no-buffer.jpg

no-buffer6.jpg

no-buffer5.jpg

no-buffer4.jpg

no-buffer3.jpg

no-buffer2.jpg

no-buffer1.jpg

Sorry for the shity pics, it looks just a little worse in person. Kinda surprising to even look at it.

The dust cover flies off now, too.

It may not seem like much to most, but in comparison side by side with one that has ran a buffer it's whole life - the one with the buffer looks untouched and in excellent condition.

I hate buffers in most guns, and do not recommend them, but in this case - I believe it is a must. (unless you like repair bills)

All well and good, but one sample out of 250,000+ doesn't make it universal.

The chances are even less then stated as there is more then that made. I have only seen 3 or 4 with probs so far, now that I am looking in the past couple years.

I personally bust my ass for every dime I make and do not want to spend money and time on it. So the 5 to 20 bucks someone/I may spend is good insurance to me.

All well and good, but one sample out of 250,000+ doesn't make it universal.

The chances are even less then stated as there is more then that made.

Well, "250,000+" means "250,000 or more" or "between 250,000 and ∞", so yeah, I know there are more than that, but don't know actual current production figures (it's why I wrote it that way)