Does anyone else clean their guns when...

Since I have a part time job and I'm not in college(yet), I have a lot of free time and not enough stuff to do to make the time pass. So, when I get bored, I break out the Rem-oil and Hoppes No. 9 and clean/tinker with my guns. I have probably spent more time cleaning and tinkering on my Saiga than I have spent actually using it. Am I the only one?

I do clean my guns a lot, but after shooting them, bro if you have a lot of spare time

I will recommend chase some beaver and stop cleaning the gun, or you going to

wear the finish out. :rolleyes:

Ok, I didnt think I was the only one. I try not to sniff the fumes too much, especially when using blue and rust remover to make my bolt carrier look polished. Thats some nasty stuff there.

Anyway, it looks like I'm getting a full time job soon, but only on the weekends. Now I will be able to afford buying more guns and wont spend as much time sniffing Hoppes.

• 4 weeks later...

yup!

in fact, i think i'm gunna mess with a couple of my guns today.

and i never got rid of that 308 of mine like i was planning on doing, so i might use some of my free time to do a conversion in a couple months. i'd also like to look into converting a CETME forend for use on my rifle like another member did...