TROMIX S17 with KROSS Hellion Hand Guard.

I'm honored to release the first pictures of a KROSS Hellion mounted onto the Tromix S17. Tony's work is beyond excellent and we're thrilled to have a product out there specifically for this model.

Enjoy!

TromixS17withHellion_1.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_2.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_3.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_5.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_6.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_8.jpg

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS FA

Thank you for the compliments, fellas. B)

By the way, shooting this thing is way too much fun. Unbelievable weapon.

Zach

Very cool Zach, got any idea when your gonna ship out the pre order units for S-17 Hellion ?

Thank you for the compliments, fellas. B)

By the way, shooting this thing is way too much fun. Unbelievable weapon.

Zach

Very cool Zach, got any idea when your gonna ship out the pre order units for S-17 Hellion ?

We're hoping to start shipping all pre-orders before the end of next week.

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS FA

I'm honored to release the first pictures of a KROSS Hellion mounted onto the Tromix S17. Tony's work is beyond excellent and we're thrilled to have a product out there specifically for this model.

Enjoy!

TromixS17withHellion_1.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_2.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_3.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_5.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_6.jpg

TromixS17withHellion_8.jpg

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS FA

Have you put any vertical grips on the rail yet? I would like to know if any get in the way with mag/drum change. Man that looks good :eek:

FEW QUESTIONS:

~ With a regular full size vfg mounted closest to the muzzle will AGP's work or at that point would it only be 5 rounders?

~ What rail covers would you recommend?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by MCASgt New River
FEW QUESTIONS:

~ With a regular full size vfg mounted closest to the muzzle will AGP's work or at that point would it only be 5 rounders?

~ What rail covers would you recommend?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

We haven't tested any full sized Vertical Foregrips on it yet but I don't think it'll be a problem with those and the 10 rd AGP's. The lower rail extends all the way forward which should provide ample room for mag changes with that type of set up.

We have some rail covers on order to see which ones work best. I'll be sure to give an update once we get them in. Also, we put quite a few rounds down range with just our hands on the rails and it was no problem, comfortable and easy to grip.

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS FA

Just wanted to update here that we got our hands on the Larue FUG vertical foregrip, which includes bottom sections to allow the VFG to serve as either a stubby, a full size, or an extra large full sized VFG with a wide lower flanged support section and all set ups worked great with the Hellion. We tested compatibility with the 5 round, Izmash 8 round, AGP 10 round, and MD20 drum. No issues whatsoever rocking and locking and there was room to spare. I'll try to get some pictures up of those various setups later this week.

Also, I highly recommend the Larue FUG. It's an extremely high quality VFG that can be changed up to your liking and/or detached and transferred to another weapon very easily.

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS FA

Here are some pictures of the various VFG and magazine set ups using the Larue FUG. All of these setups are rock-n-lock compatible and my favorite setup is actually the regular full sized Larue VFG but I didn't get any pictures of that. The S17 really feels great with a solid VFG, especially when using the MD20 drum. I also noticed having the VFG makes it a lot more comfortable to shoot with the stock folded.

Larue Stubby VFG with AGP 10 round magazine

TromixS17withHellion_VFG_1.jpg

Larue Stubby VFG with Izmash 8 round magazine

TromixS17withHellion_VFG_2.jpg

Larue Extra Large VFG with AGP 10 round magazine

TromixS17withHellion_VFG_3.jpg

Larue Extra Large VFG with MD20 Drum Magazine

TromixS17withHellion_VFG_4.jpg

Zach

KROSS FA

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. The tri-rail really does help make the S-17 an even more functional weapon. It feels great with a VFG, especially when shooting with the MD-20 drum. Also, Tony is offering these as a factory option on S-17 conversions now and should have info posted on the Tromix website soon.

Raider, the upper rear HK extended picatinny rail is a sweet Tromix piece indeed, and since they were discontinued they've pretty much been rendered a rare Tromix collectible item now, which imo makes having one pretty neat ;).

Skiboat, that's a nice one-off conversion you have there :up:

Here's another pic from our website of the Tromix S-17 - Hellion combo set up:

KHEL_5w.jpg

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS FA

Thanks everyone. The tri-rail really does help make the S-17 an even more functional weapon. It feels great with a VFG, especially when shooting with the MD-20 drum. Also, Tony is offering these as a factory option on S-17 conversions now and should have info posted on the Tromix website soon.

Raider, the upper rear HK extended picatinny rail is a sweet Tromix piece indeed, and since they were discontinued they've pretty much been rendered a rare Tromix collectible item now, which imo makes having one pretty neat ;).

Skiboat, that's a nice one-off conversion you have there :up:

Here's another pic from our website of the Tromix S-17 - Hellion combo set up:

KHEL_5w.jpg

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS FA

Thanks Zach

Not a one-off....I've built 6 for myself and many others

That's perfect , will save a lot of cutting down the std one's . Are you pre-drilling for the mounting screw or letting us fit it ?

I think you need to order at least one.......

"One" hell , we've been chopping down tri-rail's for every 3rd shorty we do . Pain in the ass is what that is . These guy's just saved me some sweat :)

That's perfect , will save a lot of cutting down the std one's . Are you pre-drilling for the mounting screw or letting us fit it ?

Will, I sent you a PM with details. We'll get one out to you to look at.

Thanks!

Zach

KROSS F.A.

Zack, Zack, Zack...looks like you have found your niche! Between Tromix & Red Jacket these HG's should sell like hotcakes!! Best of business ventures to you!

Thanks, Mike. And you know I'm still looking forward to seeing pics of yours mounted up when you get back! Thanks again for your service and take care over there, buddy.

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS F.A.

Will, I sent you a PM with details. We'll get one out to you to look at.

Thanks!

Zach

KROSS F.A.

Thank's Zach , can't wait to get that thing mounted :)

• 4 weeks later...
Zack, Zack, Zack...looks like you have found your niche! Between Tromix & Red Jacket these HG's should sell like hotcakes!! Best of business ventures to you!

Thanks, Mike. And you know I'm still looking forward to seeing pics of yours mounted up when you get back! Thanks again for your service and take care over there, buddy.

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS F.A.

I posted more pics in your "Customer Picstures" thread in your business section but wanted to post a few as it is on my beloved S17...that I just cant seem to stop fondeling. :angel:

Thanks to Tony & Zack I have EXACTLY the SBS I have ALWAYS wanted! You guys rock! THANKS & SEMPER FI!! :super:

101_2072.JPG

Mike, thanks buddy! An excellent looking S-17 you have there! I never get tired of the range reactions but the best part is when I get to demonstrate how effective and devastating this platform can be.

If anyone wants to see his other pics you can view them here

Zach

KROSS F.A.