NEED EXPERIENCED AK GUY

Hey guys, been a while since I have been on.... full time college student at 30 yrs old along with full time work hours is INTENSE! Anyway, I have a CIA yugo underfolder that I had my gunsmith add a scope rail to, he did an ok job except the bolts keep coming loose on the inside of the body, the rail wont stay tight as a consequence, and the trigger pin that runs through the trigger and reciever is loose and backs out! My question is, can I take the rail off and have the 3 holes that were tapped filled in by weld or other means? I know there is a yugo underfolder mount available (wish I had found it prior to having the standard ak rail put on in the wrong place!) , anyone know where to get them, or can put them on and do a good job of it. I am including a few pics of the problem... ANY help is appreciated, thanks guys:)

Robert Richardson, TX, Beaumont.

more pics in 2nd post

post-8321-1249161228_thumb.jpg

post-8321-1249161275_thumb.jpg

post-8321-1249161336_thumb.jpg

post-8321-1249161412_thumb.jpg

Yes, you can have the holes welded up.

Any decent welder can tig 'em up in a jiffy.

Next time you want to do something like "adding a rail", ya might want to come this way . .

Edited by nalioth

TruthNTime,

I dont see a retainer plate. wire or e-clips to hold your pins in. So yeah there gonna move. As for the scope mount, no offense, I'd kill the bastard that did that to an AK. That's not even a noobie hack job, that's worst.

Yes you can have the holes welded. Please have them welded! Get a mount and have it rivited on

Thanks for the info guys, how much would someone charge me to get the work done right, including the tig fills? I want the trigger pin sturdy and the mount rock solid. I am thinking of trading a gun and cash for the work... this ak is about a 1.5 to 2" gun at 50 to 75 yards..... head shots to a pie plate are cake with irons at 100 yards. It hurts me to see this gun in this shape :(

I will throw in a pic of other guns I have, every one likes to show off their kids, well, I think most of us like to show off our guns too!!!

As for the scope mount, no offense, I'd kill the bastard that did that to an AK. That's not even a noobie hack job, that's worst.

Yeah, I was gonna say something to that effect, but I was gonna be nice, and so didn't say anything.

Yes you can have the holes welded. Please have them welded! Get a mount and have it rivited on

I'd hold off on the welding if you're gonna have 'em riveted. The rivets can use the same holes.

If you have time to come to eastern side of Houston, I can help you fix that.

As for the scope mount, no offense, I'd kill the bastard that did that to an AK. That's not even a noobie hack job, that's worst.

Yeah, I was gonna say something to that effect, but I was gonna be nice, and so didn't say anything.

I'd hold off on the welding if you're gonna have 'em riveted. The rivets can use the same holes.

If you have time to come to eastern side of Houston, I can help you fix that.

Well, I would like to move it up so that I can use the correct plate and still have use of the underfolder.... but if I can find a bit higher mount I could then use the irons as well and use those holes, just wouldnt have use of the folder... which is not that big a deal. I could find the time to get to houston.

TruthNTime,

I dont see a retainer plate. wire or e-clips to hold your pins in. So yeah there gonna move. As for the scope mount, no offense, I'd kill the bastard that did that to an AK. That's not even a noobie hack job, that's worst.

He always does a good job on standard american stuff... I dont he knows his arse from a hole in the ground when it comes to these :)