.223 Saiga Conversion mag choice.

The 'inherent flaws' of the .223 are much overstated.

Nothing wrong with a converted Saiga .223 and some Circle 10 5.56 mags (I've never seen a failure to feed or extract in mine).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should be more specific about this, otherwise you'll have folks hogging out their mag wells "Century angry beaver style" and then badmouthing the gun when it rattles and flops more than a ill-main

While I haven't put my 223 Black Betty through a torture test, I had a cheapo 223 AK back in the late 80s-early 90s that never missed a beat. Even after literally firing 500 rounds in two days and another 700 over the course of the following three days. Yes, I had a couple primers not go off. I had one mag spring break on me too. It was an old mag I had recently bought and I found the spring was very rusted after I took it apart.

Like Nalioth, I think the flaws in the 223 are overstated. At least from my experience. I can understand how steel cases might not swell as much as brass could though.

Corbin