Just installed the Tromix extended charging handle.

The pics don't do it justice. It looks awesome. It is nothing to install it and I put some red loctite on the threads. It ain't going anywhere. It also allows me to work the bolt with the stock folded which is why I bought. Anyway excellent part and excellent craftsmanship!

It's a great part. When Tony first designed it I was sceptical, but once I saw/tried it on a gun I was convinced. It just feels so cool in your hand.

You would think that the added mass would effect the cycling of light ammo, but I have fired at least 100 rds of Universal with no misfeeds at all.

• Like 1
I have one on every Kalashnikov weapon I own...........

Don't know how I ever did without it !! (..........and it doesn't look like some "valley bitch" add-on, either !!)

More cool (and extremely functional) stuff from TROMIX !!!

Good point. That would be a good upgrade for all AK fire arms.

• Like 1
It just feels so cool in your hand.

If I knew you better I would make a joke about this, albeit a childish one! :rolleyes: I just got the handle from CCS and it is as advertised, well worth the $20 bucks!

Makes you thicker and longer! Your charging handle that is. Put something bigger in your hand!

(They don't call me "smilin' Bob for nothing)

Stupid question, guys: How does it attach? Does it slip over the existing charging handle and then tighten down somehow?

Tromix makes great parts, but could do with a bit more "how it works" on their site...

yeah I too was wondering how this happens.

Stupid question, guys: How does it attach? Does it slip over the existing charging handle and then tighten down somehow?

Tromix makes great parts, but could do with a bit more "how it works" on their site...

yeah I too was wondering how this happens.

It attaches with a allen bolt held on with red lock tight. I have fired about 300 shots and it has not come loose.

It attaches with a allen bolt held on with red lock tight. I have fired about 300 shots and it has not come loose.

With red Loctite, it will never come loose. That stuff is permanent. Shouldn't you be using blue Loctite??

I'm sure Crusader isn't scared to get near his gun with a torch to get that red thread locker off.

Me - I used blue.

Reason For Edit: I can't Type Today.

Edited by Nailbomb

With red Loctite, it will never come loose. That stuff is permanent. Shouldn't you be using blue Loctite??

I'm sure Crusader isn't scared to get bear his gun with a torth to get that red thread locker off.

Me - I used blue.

I'm just taking no chances.

I'm sure Crusader isn't scared to get near his gun with a torch to get that red thread locker off.

Me - I used blue.

LOL What chances dude? That it might work loose?

Blue Loctite is designed for exactly the application you are using Red for....

What if you didn't get the screw tight enough? With RED Loctite, you can't go back and re-tighten the screw. It's now "locked" in place.

Blue has all the thread-locking ability with the option to disasseble and re-apply. Red is like JB Weld. I have the big bottle of Red and I have only used it once. :unsure:

I own/ride a motorcycle and Blue Loctite is my friend. :smoke:

Me - I used blue.

LOL What chances dude? That it might work loose?

Blue Loctite is designed for exactly the application you are using Red for....

What if you didn't get the screw tight enough? With RED Loctite, you can't go back and re-tighten the screw. It's now "locked" in place.

Blue has all the thread-locking ability with the option to disasseble and re-apply. Red is like JB Weld. I have the big bottle of Red and I have only used it once. :unsure:

I own/ride a motorcycle and Blue Loctite is my friend. :smoke:

That is awsome.

I used red loctite let it set for 3 days then put about 1000 rounds through the gun, but the handle ended up coming off. I didn't use enough. Redid everything with a more liberal amount of red loctite and 2000 rounds later everything is just swell. Im not saying blue wont work, this is just my account of how the red held up. The handle is amazing though, it's like racking a 60 and looks like it belongs there.

I used red loctite let it set for 3 days then put about 1000 rounds through the gun, but the handle ended up coming off. I didn't use enough. Redid everything with a more liberal amount of red loctite and 2000 rounds later everything is just swell. Im not saying blue wont work, this is just my account of how the red held up. The handle is amazing though, it's like racking a 60 and looks like it belongs there.

I only used red because I think it looks cool. :super: