Just installed the Tromix extended charging handle.

Would one be able to use kreb's bho safety with this?

looks like its fatter and wouldnt fit in the slot cut out of the safety selector

Just to be clear I DO NOT have the krebs BHO selector switch...

I DO however have a bulgarian selector modified to allow the saftey to be use when the bolt is held back.

The bolt on charging handle works just fine with this mod.

Again while i'm at it i will say that this simple bolt on part makes me happier with both of my saigas by giving the once thin and hook like charging handle a proper grip befiting of its stature. I had at one time considered welding on a SKS charging handle to correct the original and this saved me the effort, and the saiga from this modification.

I own 2 and I'm very happy with them.

looks like its fatter and wouldnt fit in the slot cut out of the safety selector

I have a Kreb's and one that I modified for BHO and they both work with no problems. I really thought this was a bling part at first but it really does make a difference. I tried one, loved it and then bought more for the rest of the collection.

These bolt-on handles can come loose if not installed correctly.

I went to the range last Saturday. My Tromix handle actually started to wiggle and I took it the rest of the way off. I believe that I didn't have it torqued down enough during installation, but I did use red thread locker. It did take about 1000 rds before it came loose and I also had it installed so close to the reciever that it did make slight contact every time the bolt cycled.

To correct this, I got a allen wrench with a long handle for better torque and positioned the bolt-on handle where no contact could be made. Again, used red thread locker and torqued it down as much as possible. I am convinced that this will not come loose again.

When you get used to operating the bolt with this part installed, it really sucks when you try to operate it without it. Definately a mandatory upgrade.

Edited by Crusader
It just feels so cool in your hand.

If I knew you better I would make a joke about this, albeit a childish one! :rolleyes: I just got the handle from CCS and it is as advertised, well worth the $20 bucks!

Makes you thicker and longer! Your charging handle that is. Put something bigger in your hand!

(They don't call me "smilin' Bob for nothing)

Errr, you are aware that there are mostly men on this board right ... :rolleyes: Oh, never mind, we have already been here and I still have no worn the T shirt. :haha:

It just feels so cool in your hand.

If I knew you better I would make a joke about this, albeit a childish one! :rolleyes: I just got the handle from CCS and it is as advertised, well worth the $20 bucks!

Makes you thicker and longer! Your charging handle that is. Put something bigger in your hand!

(They don't call me "smilin' Bob for nothing)

Errr, you are aware that there are mostly men on this board right ... :rolleyes: Oh, never mind, we have already been here and I still have no worn the T shirt. :haha:

Which means a pervs! Speaking of which, where did that picture of that tan brunette in some black get up holding what looked like a Tromix shorty go? That would make this thread a little less "alternative lifestyle"! :rolleyes:

Ahh, found it (via Racer 27)...

Model2_with_saiga.jpg

Edited by brvt1000
That would be CSS, not CCS........

.......and that's CarolinaShootersSupply, one of our very fine Forum vendors here !!!!

Get you one of 'em !!! They are sooooo fine.............

Thanks CSS was kind of what I figured...Now is this the right part:

CHARGING HANDLE-TROMIX GALIL STYLE

TROMIX-WELD INSTALL MADE IN THE USA

PRICE: $39.95

Available for Purchase: 52

Don't see anything referenced for $20...maybe the price just went up????

.......and that's CarolinaShootersSupply, one of our very fine Forum vendors here !!!!

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...il?sfs=141b071f

This one.

This one.

Thanks...ordered!! :-)

I'm having a little bit of an issue with contact on my Kreb's BHO safety. I can avoid any contact by not inserting the handle quite as far as it will go but I don't think that is the right solution. My assumption is that the new charging handle needs to be pushed all the way down over the old one for it to be the most secure and to look right. I think there will have to be some very minor filing done on the safety lever and it will be fine.

I will have to pick one of these up since everyone seems to be giving them such high marks.

I am compiling a shopping list of conversion parts right now. Going to attempt my first conversion on my Saiga-12 later this month. I gave thought to getting one of the Tromix DIY trigger guards and avoid drilling my receiver, but I really like the curves of the factory guard over the Tromix one... the angles on the Tromix guard would look too modern on my Saiga once i get wood furniture on it. :/

I gave thought to getting one of the Tromix DIY trigger guards and avoid drilling my receiver, but I really like the curves of the factory guard over the Tromix one... the angles on the Tromix guard would look too modern on my Saiga once i get wood furniture on it. :/

Sounds like you should check out Cobra's stuff: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=43450

Or you could go with an akbuilder S-12 triggerguard. That's the one I used. Very minor drilling is required, (2 new holes in your receiver). I was nervous about it, but it wasn't that big of a deal to install. With red loc-tite on the locking washers/nuts I used to secure it, it shouldn't ever go anywhere.. and it looks damn purdy imo. To use this triggerguard, I also had to cut a pistol grip hole in my receiver, but that also wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Just measure 10 times cause you can only cut once! ;)

However, the Tromix DIY triggerguard is much easier to install, and seems a very solid product.

I have this part on both my S12s and love it.

There is an issue I have found with it occurs if you have a magcinch holding two clips together and you have a loaded clip on the right side. There's just barely enough overlap tha the bolt will eject the top shell. It's a bit funny when it happens with snapcaps, but it'd freak me out with live ammo being hit by the charging handle and ejecting. I think my exact thought would, "Thank God it didn't hit the primer..." followed by a quick check of the live round. The bolt only clips the top of the round, but still... if you're not expecting it and are used to coupled magazines, it's a bit freaky. If you double up your mags, you might want to experiment with positioning the bolt in different places to avoid this or slightly offsetting your magazines by even 1".

This one.

Well that was quick...arrived today and it's on the gun now, less the loctite. That is going to make a nice difference!!! It is definately easier to grip onto.

This one.

Well that was quick...arrived today and it's on the gun now, less the loctite. That is going to make a nice difference!!! It is definately easier to grip onto.

I advise using blue loc-tite, (red is not necessary). Once you get used to using it, you'll really appreciate the vast improvement in ergonomics it offers. I've got Tromix bolt-on charging handles on both my S-12 and my Saiga 7.62x39.

is there a way to weld this thing on??? There is no reason to ever take it off, the CH is permenantly part of the BCG obviously...Screw red or blue, give me mig or tig... :D

Bobash,

should have read " is there any reason not to weld this thing on???"

Brain fart while typing...too early in the AM for me....

Edited by lvjeffro