I got a great deal on a 24" S-12 with a Dreadnaught mid-barrel comp, Ultimak mount and WinChoke threaded barrel. Right now it is wearing a Tapco collapsible buttstock for unconverted guns but I would like to get it properly configured.

I would like to have a good competition trigger (perhaps short reset) installed. I will order a Gunfixer gas plug for it and already have a C-More set aside for it (though I may go with another red dot at a later date). I already have a suitable grip but have not settled on a buttstock. I am leaning toward the Tromix stock with a Limbsaver, though I'm not sure if the pad is necessary with the comp and the Gunfixer plug. I prefer a welded backplate to an internal block, but I can be flexible.

So right now I am looking for advice on who to have complete the conversion. Any good or bad experiences? Recommendations on trigger quality, as this is my priority?

... Recommendations on trigger quality, as this is my priority?

Well I guess that you are looking for the advice of a competitor, but I will chime in anyway on the SRT. I am still working on mine, but the work I have done so far has really surprised me on just how much the trigger can be improved on an AK! The rate and smoothness of fire has been greatly improved and it remains quite safe. I guess that the amount of improvement is directly proportional to just how abysmal the stock trigger can be, specially as it comes from the manufacturer!

In my opinion, it is well worth doing or having done!

• 1 month later...

The GunFixer did my Conversation and my trigger job , I shoot competitions three to four times a month. The trigger pull is very light and has a short reset. It has one of the best trigger pulls of any shotgun I have ever put my hands around. I can shoot .13 doubles all day with it. His name is Nathan and you can find him at Firearm Sales in Ivor Virginia !-866-869-4867 This guy know Saiga 12s inside and out He did my first Saiga 12 After I started testing and then competing with it I ordered a second and two guys I shoot against went in and ordered one each. i can not say enough about this Gunsmith and shop. If you want the best get it done there.

I got a great deal on a 24" S-12 with a Dreadnaught mid-barrel comp, Ultimak mount and WinChoke threaded barrel. Right now it is wearing a Tapco collapsible buttstock for unconverted guns but I would like to get it properly configured.

I would like to have a good competition trigger (perhaps short reset) installed. I will order a Gunfixer gas plug for it and already have a C-More set aside for it (though I may go with another red dot at a later date). I already have a suitable grip but have not settled on a buttstock. I am leaning toward the Tromix stock with a Limbsaver, though I'm not sure if the pad is necessary with the comp and the Gunfixer plug. I prefer a welded backplate to an internal block, but I can be flexible.

So right now I am looking for advice on who to have complete the conversion. Any good or bad experiences? Recommendations on trigger quality, as this is my priority?

AK triggers can actually be made "like glass" or "very light"

I think the best part of this platform is that it is "end user" serviceable in the field, and usually, QUICKLY.

This is not a hunk of junk, this Saiga.....

I work with a man that is a "gun prostitute". he also happens to be a 4th generation gunsmith, and an AK expert. Give us a call in your consideration travels.....740 942 3175mon-sat 10-6pm EST

I stumbled upon a special being run by Tac 47 and sent my Saiga Texas way. I transferred my "basic conversion" from CGW to a friend of mine who was in Ranger school when the second round of builds got started and figured the line at Cadiz would be long. I've heard good things about Tac 47 and hope my experience is comparable. I also hope to have the completed gun back in my hands before I have to move out of MO, and I hope Colorado has a well-developed three-gun circuit!

Edited by stiletto raggio