Best Saiga gas puck

This question is for E-Tac

if the standard puck works for all loads why did you create the magnum puck?

I bought a magnum and I really don't want to have to switch these around.

If the magnum will not cycle low brass I guess I'll have to hold onto my oem puck.

Because the Magnum TwisterPuc will allow gas and gunk to be blown out the stock exhaust port at the rear left of your shotgun. This will result in the best cleaning of all pucks made with full power loads.

Aloha

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You really need to own all pucks to answer this question accuratly.

I hate to speak for sinners (AKA BATFE), but they mainly enforce 922R as a pile on charge in conjuction with actually crimes. For example; if you rob a bank, you will get charged for the bank robbery

I voted for the KA puck because it allowed my brother to shoot his reloaded ammo. He did had the GUNFIXER plug prior to buying the KA puck, but was not able to cycle his reloads. When he used the KA P

If the magnum will not cycle low brass I guess I'll have to hold onto my oem puck.

Because the Magnum TwisterPuc will allow gas and gunk to be blown out the stock exhaust port at the rear left of your shotgun. This will result in the best cleaning of all pucks made with full power loads.

Aloha

Are you Hawian? You always end with Aloha?

To me it looks as if the twisting action absorbs energy that would otherwise be directed to moving the piston directly rearward. It stands to reason that this configuration would be less efficient in terms of energy use and dispersal, rather than more efficient.

Are you able to measure how much of the energy is diverted from moving the piston rearward into lateral torque?

WS

• 2 months later...

I have enough 922r parts right now, but I would be open to a puck that would help with function.

I have not had any issues with the russian puck, and I have run about 800-1,000 rounds though my shotgun with no cleaning (mostly walmart fed bulk).

I did not have any issues but the puck would not move freely, and I had to hammer it out with a long copper rod :unsure:

The E-tac one looks interesting, I have been thinking about trying out the three pack... right now I'm just waiting for a good deal on it.

• 5 weeks later...
Why not replace both the puck/tappet *and* the operating rod? Mark both with "USA" and your ass is covered. That what I would have done, but I met 922r via other parts and the factory puck works fine.

Ya know, something always puzzled me. If you make a part in the U.S., but you make it out of foreign metal stock, is it 922r compliant? At what point does it become 922r compliant? Can you import a part from Wherethefukistan that just happens to have the same dimensions as the puck, make some lightening cuts in it and stamp it with "Made in the USA"?

Why stop there... you can get a russian made AK gas piston, cut it to the right length and diameter for use as the operating rod on the Saiga-12 and stamp it with "Made in the USA".

What constitutes being "made"?

And another point. According to our fucktarded laws, an illegal immigrant operating within the confines of the U.S. can make a 922r complaint part, but an American citizen operating abroad cannot, since he is outside of the states when the part is made. WTF?

Or maybe I do not fully understand the law.

I know I'm replying to a very old post, but for what it's worth, I have read a few times that for compliance, a part must be manufactured entirely in the U.S., which rules out some of the scenarios you pose except imported raw materials that were by definition not gun parts upon importation but were manufactured into parts in the U.S. You would need to know the BATF definition of destroying an imported part and the legality of manufacturing new parts from the scrap to address the matter of cutting up an imported piston and using it as a U.S. made operating rod, if the ATF even recognizes the Saiga operating rod, which I believe it does not. "Can you import a part from Wherethefukistan that just happens to have the same dimensions as the puck, make some lightening cuts in it and stamp it with 'Made in the USA'?" As for that scenario, I think it depends on whether the part you imported was a usable, or easily/readily made usable shotgun part when it was imported or if it was unusable scrap that you manufactured into a usable shotgun part. Very much up to their discretion--so I'd steer clear of the gray areas entirely.

Edited by nexus
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aloha

Are you Hawian? You always end with Aloha?

Yep he's in Hawaii

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Why not replace both the puck/tappet *and* the operating rod? Mark both with "USA" and your ass is covered. That what I would have done, but I met 922r via other parts and the factory puck works fine.

Ya know, something always puzzled me. If you make a part in the U.S., but you make it out of foreign metal stock, is it 922r compliant? At what point does it become 922r compliant? Can you import a part from Wherethefukistan that just happens to have the same dimensions as the puck, make some lightening cuts in it and stamp it with "Made in the USA"?

Why stop there... you can get a russian made AK gas piston, cut it to the right length and diameter for use as the operating rod on the Saiga-12 and stamp it with "Made in the USA".

And another point. According to our fucktarded laws, an illegal immigrant operating within the confines of the U.S. can make a 922r complaint part, but an American citizen operating abroad cannot, since he is outside of the states when the part is made. WTF?

I know I'm replying to a very old post, but for what it's worth, I have read a few times that for compliance, a part must be manufactured entirely in the U.S., which rules out some of the scenarios you pose except imported raw materials that were by definition not gun parts upon importation but were manufactured into parts in the U.S. You would need to know the BATF definition of destroying an imported part and the legality of manufacturing new parts from the scrap to address the matter of cutting up an imported piston and using it as a U.S. made operating rod, if the ATF even recognizes the Saiga operating rod, which I believe it does not. "Can you import a part from Wherethefukistan that just happens to have the same dimensions as the puck, make some lightening cuts in it and stamp it with 'Made in the USA'?" As for that scenario, I think it depends on whether the part you imported was a usable, or easily/readily made usable shotgun part when it was imported or if it was unusable scrap that you manufactured into a usable shotgun part. Very much up to their discretion--so I'd steer clear of the gray areas entirely.

How about we ask all the people who have been convicted of 922r violations and see if the ATF checked to see where their ore was mined.

Oh, wait...no one has ever been convicted of 922r violations. Almost seems like a non issue doesn't it. Just sayin'.

Edited by wired

How about we ask all the people who have been convicted of 922r violations and see if the ATF checked to see where their ore was mined.

Oh, wait...no one has ever been convicted of 922r violations. Almost seems like a non issue doesn't it. Just sayin'.

i went to a local range (the biggest one in houston texas)and asked about 922r and i got a blank stare from everybody except a few range officers that knew "of" saiga shotguns. i think we may be an "overlooked" minority (for now) until somebody runs out of better things to do in an office. *note to all readers i do not condone breaking laws i myself comply with 922r because if the shit hits the fan my u.s. made parts will save my ass from a federal "all the free sex you don't want prison" i suggest you do the same if not its your ass not mine!

i went to a local range (the biggest one in houston texas)and asked about 922r and i got a blank stare from everybody except a few range officers that knew "of" saiga shotguns. i think we may be an "overlooked" minority (for now) until somebody runs out of better things to do in an office. *note to all readers i do not condone breaking laws i myself comply with 922r because if the shit hits the fan my u.s. made parts will save my ass from a federal "all the free sex you don't want prison" i suggest you do the same if not its your ass not mine!

I comply with 922r because the US parts are cheaper than the imported ones. Other than that I don't care one bit. I support those who chose to commit acts of civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws.

Wow, we are constantly in jeopardy of losing our second amendment rights and y'all want to go on the internet, and thumb your nose at the ATF...

Even if you aren't 922r compliant it's only logical to say that you are so the ATF doesn't decide to make you a little "project for the weekend"...

You know what? You just MIGHT, maybe, help the rest of us continue to keep our rights... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Wow, we are constantly in jeopardy of losing our second amendment rights and y'all want to go on the internet, and thumb your nose at the ATF...

Even if you aren't 922r compliant it's only logical to say that you are so the ATF doesn't decide to make you a little "project for the weekend"...

You know what? You just MIGHT, maybe, help the rest of us continue to keep our rights... :rolleyes:

Uncle Tom to the .gov ? No thanks. Only way this unconstitutional gun laws crap will go away is for someone to go through the legal system all the way to the supreme court. In 21 years hundreds of thousands if not millions of people have openly disobeyed this joke of a law and no one has ever been prosecuted on a 922r violation. Been to a gun show lately? I don't know what that tells you but it tells me that no federal prosecutor thinks its worth the ink to risk a 922r prosecution.

• 1 month later...

Uncle Tom to the .gov ? No thanks. Only way this unconstitutional gun laws crap will go away is for someone to go through the legal system all the way to the supreme court. In 21 years hundreds of thousands if not millions of people have openly disobeyed this joke of a law and no one has ever been prosecuted on a 922r violation. Been to a gun show lately? I don't know what that tells you but it tells me that no federal prosecutor thinks its worth the ink to risk a 922r prosecution.

I think there are plenty charges of violations, I do believe its more of an add on charge, however i would not like to have a non compliant gun sitting around. Things can always lead to other things to make bigger things.. well you get the point.

• 2 weeks later...

I run a precision made Izhmash gas puck in mine.

It works great & I must'a got a hell of a deal or something....

Because it came with the gun for no additional charge! :D

I chose other options not listed.

Edited by Paulyski

I comply with 922r because the US parts are cheaper than the imported ones. Other than that I don't care one bit. I support those who chose to commit acts of civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws.

Best post in the thread. When converting between the FCG (3 parts) and US made magazines (3 parts), you're already under the count 14-6=8 and a US forearm/handguard now means you can use imported magazines again. I won't go thru the list again in depth but my point is that no one should 'need' it for a compliance part.

I am lining things up for my conversion and was considering a puck "upgrade". After reading this and other threads I've come to the conclusion that since my factory puck has gone 3-400 rounds without a cleaning and the only ill affect is #8 shot is starting to get iffy, I'm sticking with my OEM puck and not risking downgrading.

Speaking of which, I need to clean my S-12 for the first time today. I'm taking it out again tomorrow and I've got a bunch of #8 I need to burn up and want it clean so it'll eat it without issue. FYI that wasn't possible before the gunfxr plug.

-I'm not voting, I'm a S12 noob and all I have is my only singular experience, which isn't vote worthy... although this is the internetz, so I'm an xpurt!

:donatello:

Edited by Prometheus

Best post in the thread. When converting between the FCG (3 parts) and US made magazines (3 parts), you're already under the count 14-6=8 and a US forearm/handguard now means you can use imported magazines again. I won't go thru the list again in depth but my point is that no one should 'need' it for a compliance part.

I agree with the sentiments, however, if I ever have to do the unthinkable & use it for what it was made for...

I like the idea of getting off due to SD & not having federal charges filed on me...

Fed time doesn't have early release as quick as state time.

I have a few friends going back to childhood with felony convictions, & I see the problems that they run into because of it.

I really like being to be able to carry a G-17 in my waistband & not getting nervous when talking to cops. :up:

For this reason, I currently have my MD-arms Motlot grip on the gun as opposed to my beloved Polish Bakelite grip that you see in my avatar picture.

The MD-Motlot is a far superior grip for the S-12 than the Polish Bakelite, but I love the Bakelite's color.

Now on the other hand, My factory gas puck does have the letters USA pressed into it.... :nothing:

But I figured that I live in a gun-hating ultra liberal city, that's so liberal that Obama & the democratic gubernatorial candidate didn't even let our mayor be involved in the recent political rally for the candidate's campaign, so I figured vanity about my shotgun's appearance isn't worth the risk.

Now don't get me wrong...

I'm of the ideology that it's only illegal if you get caught, otherwise it's good-ol' American ingenuity...

But I'd rather not have a felony unnecessarily sitting around my home for no reason other than vanity. You pick your battles, always keeping plausible denyability on your side... Hard evidence being around for no good reason's not my cup-o-tea.

That being said, I will eventually get a Kings Armory puck or a Go-gun standard, to see if they work as good as my stock puck in an effort to get my Polish grip back on. Tromix's puck would be my first choice, but I can't find them for sale :(. I'd never even try the twister puck after studying the design & having my conclusions confirmed by testimonials of users.

ggssp.jpgpix473598053.jpg

Edited by Paulyski
  • 3 months later...

The best puck is the one that came in your gun from Russia. You have already paid for it and it works better than any aftermarket ones.

I agree, that's why I chose "other" meaning stock...

But now that I'm slightly "overgassed" I can use the twisterpuc if I so desire to have the occasional FTE that I had before I reamed out the ports... :lolol:

Edited by Caged

Factory gas puck worked just fine for me. If you need a US made one for compliance, go for it. Otherwise, I don't believe there is any difference in performance between factory or aftermarket pucks. Your cycling issues will mostly be due to your gas ports and no amount of magical pucks and plugs will fix that.