Obama awards Medal of Freedom to America hater.

HONORING AN AMERICA-HATER

By GIL TROY & TEVI TROY

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08042009/posto...ater_182870.htm

Last updated: 4:28 am

August 4, 2009

Posted: 2:55 am

August 4, 2009

THE Medal of Freedom is the nation's highest civilian honor. Past recipients include John Wayne, Norman Rockwell and Vaclav Havel. This year, one of the 16 recipients President Obama selected (along with such worthies as Sen. Edward Kennedy and the late Jack Kemp) is former Irish President and UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Mary Robinson.

Bad choice.

Robinson's views are well out of the American foreign-policy mainstream. Rep. Peter King (R-LI) says, "She is definitely from the school of moral equivalency which somehow invariably comes down on the side against vibrant democracies such as Israel and the United States."

Despite her noble commitment to human rights, Robinson has become a symbol of all that's wrong in the human-rights community and the United Nations -- of the tendency to appease dictatorships, rationalize terrorism and bash the West.

She is perhaps best known for presiding over the 2001 World Conference Against Racism in Durban, South Africa -- which targeted the West, especially Israel, while overlooking racism in Arab countries. The conference was so biased the United States and Israel boycotted it.

In the tense months before convening in Durban, Robinson failed to listen to pleas from Secretary of State Colin Powell and Rep. Tom Lantos (D-Calif.), among others, to stop Arab dictators from hijacking an anti-racism conference to advance their anti-Zionist agenda. Afterward, she declared the disaster a success, even after she herself belatedly condemned the vicious anti-Semitism coursing through the streets of Durban at a parallel forum of nongovernmental agencies.

Robinson has criticized US foreign policy throughout her career. Since 9/11, she has blasted the United States for losing the "moral high ground" -- as if she's more focussed on trying to win the "minds and hearts" of unrepentant terrorists than on the dilemmas that democracies face in fighting terror.

She also blasted the United States for objecting to the new UN Human Rights Council in 2006 -- even though America was rightly protesting the power the forum granted to human-rights-abusing dictatorships such as Libya and Sudan.

The Obama administration had to be aware of all this before the president decided to honor her. The White House has careful procedures for selecting winners of awards like this, and for running these names by key White House offices to avoid trouble.

This process of "clearing" the 16 Medal of Freedom recipients surely allowed officials such as Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and Senior Adviser David Axelrod, both savvy political operatives, to sign off or object before the list became final.

If Obama's aides missed the fact that Robinson would be controversial, then the incompetence of the Cabinet-vetting process continues. If the staff -- and the president himself -- were aware of her record but chose to go ahead anyway, we have to ask: What message is Obama sending by awarding her America's highest civilian honor?

Medal of Freedom selections shouldn't cause the president political trouble. If President Obama believed he could honor Robinson without harming himself politically, he's taking for granted the votes of both American Jews and more traditionally hawkish moderate Democrats.

Worse, it seems Obama doesn't mind celebrating a symbol of Western weakness and appeasement of anti-Semitism at a time when the world's dictators and terrorists are deciding what to think of him.

Photoguy, if you feel we are ALL completely encompassed in the steriotypical view that that the far left perpetuates you are wrong.

You seem to me to be an instigator trolling this & most likely other gun or "right-wing" forums for the advancement of the R.N.P.'s political agenda.

I apologize if I am wrong (but I doubt I am), as I myself have worked in the past for one of the two major political parties & am familiar with the manipulation of the people & how to stir up discontentment. For the most part you are preaching to the converted, so you are wasting your time here.

The correct place for your topics would be the political section, or fight club. (But I understand. You wouldn't get the widespread dissimination that your employers desire.) :blues:

Photoguy, if you feel we are ALL completely encompassed in the steriotypical view that that the far left perpetuates you are wrong.

You seem to me to be an instigator trolling this & most likely other gun or "right-wing" forums for the advancement of the R.N.P.'s political agenda.

I apologize if I am wrong (but I doubt I am), as I myself have worked in the past for one of the two major political parties & am familiar with the manipulation of the people & how to stir up discontentment. For the most part you are preaching to the converted, so you are wasting your time here.

The correct place for your topics would be the political section, or fight club. (But I understand. You wouldn't get the widespread dissimination that your employers desire.) :blues:

Last five topics he started were all political.

Last five topics he commented on, all political.

No personal info of any type in his profile.

I smell a shill.

Ok he once asked about the reliability of 5 round mags and also mentioned he takes photos at sporting events.

Edited by KrisFox

Last five topics he started were all political.

Last five topics he commented on, all political.

No personal info of any type in his profile.

I smell a shill.

Ok he once asked about the reliability of 5 round mags and also mentioned he takes photos at sporting events.

ether a shill or a "cut-and-paste-cowboy" who thinks people aren't on to him...

Not a shill, but am a sometimes cut-&-paste cowboy. Sorry about that. Profile has been filled, too.

Just a guy who has a deep mistrust/hatred of the current administration.

By the way, what do you guys think of the "Internment Camp" job listing for the National Guard?

Edited by Photoguy

We are screwed with both the republicans & the democrats. :f0ckers::cryss: Both parties perpetuate the weakening of the family structure beit through corporate sociopaths shipping living wage jobs overseas, & the patriot act tapping our phones or killing our unborn kids & taking our ability to protect OURSELVES. They both let the insurance & pharmacudical industries control them & extort the people. Whats the difference? We are getting raped either way, just different holes & if we vote for a third party were screwed even more. Face it the general populous is distracted with reality TV, Football & Idol, & the same guys give us the same shit just worded differently. the only word they have avoided is the true word for what BOTH parties represent, FASCISM & populous control.

Hmmm :smoke:

A guy stands up for America...puts out some facts and concerns...

So...people call him names and try to destroy his credibility...

That sounds familiar

Jim

Why you no good scum suckin' ....

Oop's, thought you were trying to defend George "I rode the short bus" Bush.

sorry :smoke: