Has anyone put a longer barrel on their x39 if so how hard was it and what barrel fits it. I just need to get a longer barrell or trade someone with one or buy a dragunov

thanks

paul

If you have the opportunity to buy a Russian Dragunov SVD or Tigr you should do that. If your referring to a Romanian PSL as a "Dragunov" then Id just about go with anything else (the difference between Russian 2" groups and Romainian 4-7" groups is a huge factor).

Really you don't want to buy a long barrel 7.62x39 as the accuracy is not really improved.

Also, you will want to go to http://www.dragunov.net/ to learn about the platform before umping in a spending your hard earned money. :smoke:

• Like 1
Has anyone put a longer barrel on their x39 if so how hard was it and what barrel fits it. I just need to get a longer barrell or trade someone with one or buy a dragunov

thanks

paul

If you have the opportunity to buy a Russian Dragunov SVD or Tigr you should do that. If your referring to a Romanian PSL as a "Dragunov" then Id just about go with anything else (the difference between Russian 2" groups and Romainian 4-7" groups is a huge factor).

Really you don't want to buy a long barrel 7.62x39 as the accuracy is not really improved.

Also, you will want to go to http://www.dragunov.net/ to learn about the platform before umping in a spending your hard earned money. :smoke:

Thanks I'm sure not wealthy enough to buy the real dragunov,I'm to busy buying clunkers and paying for stimulas payments to the poor haven't got mine yet.

The thought tye saiga might be a bit more accurate with a longer barrel

Thanks I'm sure not wealthy enough to buy the real dragunov,I'm to busy buying clunkers and paying for stimulas payments to the poor haven't got mine yet.

Judging by the confederate flag in your avatar and the spelling/grammatical errors in your post, I might suggest holding off on purchasing firearms and instead saving your money for education related expenses.... :haha:

Judging by the confederate flag in your avatar and the spelling/grammatical errors in your post, I might suggest holding off on purchasing firearms and instead saving your money for education related expenses.... :haha:

I am from the South and it should be pretty damn obvious, even to a microcephalic boor such as yourself, that I am better educated then you.

Only an idiot would stand on the misguided principal of political correctness and yet blatantly insult so many Americans. I assume the concept of being proud of one's heritage without having to hate another is a duality that you can not comprehend.

By the way, I fly the stars and bars at my home, you are more then welcome to try and take it down if it offends you...

I am from the South and it should be pretty damn obvious, even to a microcephalic boor such as yourself, that I am better educated then you.

Only an idiot would stand on the misguided principal of political correctness and yet blatantly insult so many Americans. I assume the concept of being proud of one's heritage without having to hate another is a duality that you can not comprehend.

By the way, I fly the stars and bars at my home, you are more then welcome to try and take it down if it offends you...

Amen

Wizard, let me update you on TWO points...

ONE... Saiga 7.62X39's are available with 20 inch barrels... I doubt you would need any longer than that...

TWO... I have a ROMANIAN PSL... and with WOLF ammo, I can put 10 ( YES... TEN) shots inside of ONE INCH at 100 yards... ( be aware that those are from a COLD barrel, I waited for the barrel to cool between shots for 'cold barrel' point of impacts )

With that said... Also keep in mind the two fire totally different rounds of ammunition... The PSL uses the X54 cartridge... kinda midway between the .308 and the 30-06 as far as size and performance... a bit more powerful than the X39... Which is closer to the 30-30 in performance...

:smoke:

So you have been appointed the hall monitor. It's quite apparent you like to run off new members well you win so long, You could have saved your comments.

I'll make sure I don't recommend your forum

Small point of fact: You misused the word "then" twice in that reply.

Just sayin'.

So you have been appointed the hall monitor. It's quite apparent you like to run off new members well you win so long, You could have saved your comments.

I'll make sure I don't recommend your forum

I wouldn't let 'me get to you, Wiz. I've been wondering myself if a longer barrel would do anything for the accuracy of a Saiga 7.62x39. Mine's got the shorter barrel, and it's okay, but tighter groups would be better. 'Course, that might have more to do with the shooter than the rifle...

:lolol: I'll be there in an hour, have the misses make some of that sweet tea I like so much!!!

I fly the stars & bars in my office, and the Gadsden outside the office. If someone doesn't like it, they can leave, and drive 50 miles to the other closest computer repair store. :)

I fly the stars & bars in my office, and the Gadsden outside the office. If someone doesn't like it, they can leave, and drive 50 miles to the other closest computer repair store. :)

No problem with the Gadsden flag, but the flag of the confederacy should offend any American. After all, you guys lost the Civil War last time I checked. That flag only stands for a failed attempt to rip the union appart. All patriots should be offended when you fly the flag of the enemy. I mean you wouldn't fly the British flag or the Nazi flag so why fly the Confederate flag?

Edited by bigsal

thanks

paul

Why would you want to screw around? Go to store and buy a Saiga 7.62x39 with 20" barrel. .308 comes with 20 and 22"

The Confederate flag has become a symbol in today's society. For most people it does not mean that we support the idea of slavery. It is the idea of a life style. Places where you never lock your front door, people actually wave back while driving down the road, the common courtesy of saying yes sir and yes ma'm. You say flying this flag should offend any American....why? That a group of people felt they were being treated unfair by the government and took a stand. If memory serves me correct, that is what this country was founded on. Are you offended by the Mexican, Porto Rican, and every other foreign flag you see every day in people's cars, on their walls, etc? All patriots should be offended at the flag of the enemy, right? So, you should take offense to the fact that I am half German. I can trace my family all the way back to Baustert, Germany. Keep in mind that my grandfather fought and was wounded in WWII. I myself have been to Iraq and served my country. I will be going back in 6months. So don't come in here telling people what they should and shouldn't believe.

The Confederate flag has become a symbol in today's society. For most people it does not mean that we support the idea of slavery. It is the idea of a life style. Places where you never lock your front door, people actually wave back while driving down the road, the common courtesy of saying yes sir and yes ma'm. You say flying this flag should offend any American....why? That a group of people felt they were being treated unfair by the government and took a stand. If memory serves me correct, that is what this country was founded on. Are you offended by the Mexican, Porto Rican, and every other foreign flag you see every day in people's cars, on their walls, etc? All patriots should be offended at the flag of the enemy, right? So, you should take offense to the fact that I am half German. I can trace my family all the way back to Baustert, Germany. Keep in mind that my grandfather fought and was wounded in WWII. I myself have been to Iraq and served my country. I will be going back in 6months. So don't come in here telling people what they should and shouldn't believe.

Redneck:>I have a problem with a flag that stands for an attempt at breaking up the union. You can fool yourself all you want, but thats what the confederate battle flag stands for.

As for the longer barrel:>I don't think a longer barrel would add much in the way of accuracy for the saiga platform. Ive shot both the 16 and 20 inch units and the accuracy doesn't improve with the 20 inch. There are limits in the accuracy of the platform in general.

IndyArms:> If you can you get under 4" at 200 yards with a PSL, I'd like to see it! the ROMAK generally gets between 4-7" groups at this range.

Edited by bigsal
As for the longer barrel:>I don't think a longer barrel would add much in the way of accuracy for the saiga platform. Ive shot both the 16 and 20 inch units and the accuracy doesn't improve with the 20 inch. There are limits in the accuracy of the platform in general.

I have both and can tell you for sure there is noticeable difference between 16 and 20.

16" will do 3-4 MOA and 20" will do 2-3. One inch is a lot of difference, 25%-33% improvement

I have both and can tell you for sure there is noticeable difference between 16 and 20.

16" will do 3-4 MOA and 20" will do 2-3. One inch is a lot of difference, 25%-33% improvement

The 20" I shot was one of the thumbhole "M" model and the improvements I got were negligible. There are people who make the claim that the SKS shoots significantly better than the AK as well. Ive allways thought the improvement is more of a placibo effect.

I have a 20'' and a 16''.... there's a difference alright, but only in how annoying the longer barrel is. would love to replace the 20'' with another 16''

Pheoenix:> BINGO!

ReverendFranz:> Im not gonna tell you your full of shit but seriously use your head on this one brother...

TO ALL YOU SOUTHERNERS:> Stop the flame war, Im not that interested in your delusions.

Edited by bigsal

Redneck:>I have a problem with a flag that stands for an attempt at breaking up the union. You can fool yourself all you want, but thats what the confederate battle flag stands for.

IndyArms:> If you can you get under 4" at 200 yards with a PSL, I'd like to see it! the ROMAK generally gets between 4-7" groups at this range.

Ooh, this is just a GOLDEN opportunity!

Bigsal, if you have a problem with the confederate flag, then you must object to the American flag as well if you want to be consistent. Contrary to your brutish, philistine assessment of what the Confederate flag stands for, it actually represents freedom and autonomy, not disunity. The American flag in its infancy embodied defiance against and independence from an oppressive, tyrannical government. It was and still is an internationally recognized symbol of freedom. Just as the American flag represented national autonomy and independence from Britain, the Confederate flag represented autonomy and independence from what most southerners had come to believe was becoming an overgrown, repressive government.

America was constructed on the principal of freedom. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are riddled with the word in one form or another. Our founding fathers believed that a weak centralized government was necessary for the survival of a free state, and we are finding out more and more how right they were. This is why the right to bear arms is recognized in the Bill of Rights. Its primary purpose is to ensure that the people are armed and ready should the need ever arise to put an out-of-control government in check. Thomas Jefferson once said that "The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots". It's apparent that our founding fathers weren't too fond of government.

Considering all this, I think it's fair to say that the Confederate flag is every bit as American as the American flag. It represents the same ideals our founding fathers held in such high esteem: freedom, independence, and the courage to fight for what you believe is right. Paradoxically, there's nothing more American than what you would so ignorantly call "disunity".

But then what do I know, I'm just a dumb ol' country boy, chewin' on some tobackee and drivin' ma Ford pick-em-up truck.

Just as a side note, way to further reinforce the idea that most northerners are arrogant, condescending tools. I should have guessed you were a yank. And PLEASE stop complaining like a little girl about getting flamed. Don't forget that you're the one who started the fire :devil:

Edited by Bizzarolibe

Back on topic;

Longer barrels depend on the round and powder used. There is a noticeable difference in the Saiga 308 there may be less in the x39 since it was never designed to be a rifle cartridge but a carbine even though it saw service in the SKS. In a semi-automatic the x39 could use some improvement for accuracy but it suffices despite being designed for full auto use. The 308 was designed from the start as a non-auto rifle cartridge so does pretty well in automatic also though Ive noticed the MG 308 surplus isnt up to par, accuracy just isnt as much of an issue.

The Saiga x39 is the most accurate "AK" Ive ever owned with a good barrel and decent machining but its a 3-4MOA weapon using x39 ammo. The S308 on the other hand is much better with 2MOA or less but thats just the difference in ammo.

On the x39 I would stay with 16" barrel but the 308 is not done justice with less than 18" and 21" is fine if a bit heavy, so grow stronger. As a benefit the need for flash suppression is reduced with the longer barrel especially on the 308.

But then what do I know, I'm just a dumb ol' country boy, chewin' on some tobackee and drivin' ma Ford pick-em-up truck.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: couldn't have said it better myself brother. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Like I said, Im not going to engage. If you guys want to fool yourselves into attributing false values to the enemy flag then be my guest, but don't expect me to treat you with respect and don't expect me to swallow your BS.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: couldn't have said it better myself brother. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Like I said, Im not going to engage. If you guys want to fool yourselves into attributing false values to the enemy flag then be my guest, but don't expect me to treat you with respect and don't expect me to swallow your BS.

And if you want to fool yourself into thinking that anyone is buying this pathetic attempt at veiling your cowardice (or stupidity--either one works just fine), be my guest. If you can't offer any reasonable answers to the arguments presented, just admit that you're wrong. You got flamed, and you don't like it; I get it. But deal with it like a man. We're all men here, right?

And no, no one here expects you to treat them with respect. I don't think anyone cares. You have a history of being a complete tool to anyone who dares to break the rules that you set for your tiny little microcosm of a universe. You're a big crybaby who likes to start fights but can't seem to see them out to the end. FYI, most people only care about gaining the respect of respectable people...get it?

I guess you've never heard of the Declaration of Independence???

http://www.constitution.org/usdeclar.htm

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

This is the principle upon which the America I was born in was founded upon... killing millions of people in order to "preserve the Union" was a horrendous and pointless waste of life.

Can't y'all just get along.. The Confederate flag today means REBELLION pure and simple.

Even Bo and Luke Duke knew that back in 1980... EOS..

I have a Confederate flag hanging next to my US military flag and that shows I served MY COUNTRY (for better or worse), and I'm still a REBEL...

REBEL, REBEL, REBEL....

On the topic.. I want a 221" 308 version next... I got an x39 with 16" already.

Edited by YouWontHearItComing
  • Like 1