Another New "US MADE" AK-47 mag

It does look just like the Bulgarian which I like and use.

For those looking for US made metal AK magazines at a very good price check this out:

Sportsman Guide has 20, 30, 40 & 50 rd. steel mags. The 30 rd mags costs $14 for 1 and $32 for 3.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=180371

Wolverine

Right. By all means use more than glue or JB weld. If the guide broke loose and lodged in the barrel under fire you might end up needing plastic surgery or worse.

I'd use permanent loctite with a screw and nut after assuring the guide is placed correctly and will function flawlessly.

Wolverine

• 2 weeks later...

Geez G O B,

That is just nonsense. What makes 20 versus 30 magic? How can the States impose such restrictions and it be constituional? Even the Feds are not limiting the number of rounds we put in our rifles. Shotguns are another thing though.

As Bvamp says, none of this can be legal. It is all an infringement on our right to keep and bear arms. The State government has overstepped it's Constitutional authority.

Oh, oh. I better move this thread to the BS Politics thread that I created to contain this kind of stuff, huh? :devil::devil:

Wolverine

Edited by Wolverine

Seen these at a gun show here for $15.00 i think.When i first glanced at them i thought they where Bulgarian waffles except the floor plates were much bigger.The company selling them had a sign stating they were Thermolds :rolleyes: I asked if they were actualy Thermolds and they he-hawed around and said he didnt know what they were ,other than they were made in the USA.....I found out later they are made by ProMag.

As near as I can devine, 'possesion' is not a crime, HOWEVER transfer, or use of a mag in excess of 20 rd. is definetly a crime here. Unfortunatly for us, we are one of the states that the gungrabbers have targeted, both for our proximity to Wash.D.C. , and as a counterpoint to Virgina , where the gungrabbers have lost ground lately!

G O B

:cryss:  Great looking mag. Looks like a 30 rd. Too bad that we can't use them here in the COMMUNIST people's repuglic of Md. We have a 20rd. max  limit.

:cryss:  :cryss:  :cryss:  :cryss:  :cryss:  :cryss:

G O B

Yeah, but be thankful GOB. At least it's still relatively easy to find quality 20 rounders. Try and see how easy it is to find a polymer mag (or followers (not counting Tapco's that don't work)) when you are limited to NJ's idiot ten round magazine limit.

Companies out there don't even want to waste their time tooling up to make a mag like that that only applies to one or two states. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess technically it's fifteen. But how many fifteen round AK magazines are out there floating around on the free market. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I guess blocking a twenty rounder to hold only fifteen would work (I think it would be "technically" legal here?). Problem is, you would have an easier time finding a Sonic drive-thru in the state of NJ (since everyone is afraid to import twenty rounders here) besides probably getting shot by the uninformed cop already when s/he spies your AK (I thought them thar things wuz illegal here, Chief?). :unsure: