Is my ghetto creation win or fail?

Well, I was bored and I was complaining how the mag clamps are $12. Well, my buddy decided we should just go the ghetto / African / Middle Eastern insurgent route and do this :

THE BOLT WAS NOT IN THE CARRIER FOR THESE PICS

2s9sr3n.jpg

i20aqq.jpg

eze628.jpg

THE BOLT WAS NOT IN THE CARRIER FOR THESE PICS

Win or fail? :-P

EDIT : added bonus, we were also bored and discovered the Spetsnaz reload

Yes, that is me

That'll ding up your HG, so if you're a cry-baby about your rifle having nicks in it, don't do that ;-P

Edited by Nailbomb
  • Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude, you are all decked out and ready to interview for a position as a Somali Pirate!

Aaaandd the thread necromancers are at it again!

Posted Images

Ghetto would have been masking tape or scotch tape...

I knew hillbillies that did that down in Kentucky....

Haha, yeah, screw that. I didn't have any duct tape or gorilla tape, but this box tape seems to be sufficient.

I would say win if it was that nice fabric duct tape and some nice cheese inside cause if you ever get stranded you could atleast eat the cheese and not the card board :lolol:

Haha, good idea. Yeah, this is just the concept, but the final version will have better tape and a piece of wood in-between the mags instead of cardboard.

Maybe I'm being the king of Duesche-bags, but I actually care a little how my gear looks. An old inner tube, a couple of black zip ties, and 1 extra minute would make the same function look SOOO much better. I like zip ties because I don't have to wash/scrub the mags to get the tape residue off when I eventually decide I don't like mags taped together (trust me, it will happen). Far as that goes, Doing the Iraqi/Somali thing and just taping two together with the receiver end facing different directions would look better than that (though not function better, admittedly).

All in all, though, it works. Don't let me or anyone else beat you down man. If you're happy, screw us. Just promise us you'll dress it up with black duct tape ASAP, okay? :D

Edited by 5whiskey
couple of brackets at Lowes

what type of brackets are you referring to? got a photo of one?

bobash

thanks for making me skip breakfast.

actually thats a really crazy shot. maybe the doctor could use some vice technique help to hold the foot up right for the next time.