I'm bored and want to stock some more firearms, anyone know if i can get a semi atuomatic USAS-12 and where. I'm just curious right now so don't get to sell happy if you have one, i'm definitly going to get a price tag before I do anything. I know the full auto version is like 4000 USD which i'd rather have a 50 Caliber BMG if i were going to spend that kind of money. I'm really not sure if such a gun exists i've just heard a little bit about it.

I'm bored and want to stock some more firearms, anyone know if i can get a semi atuomatic USAS-12 and where. I'm just curious right now so don't get to sell happy if you have one, i'm definitly going to get a price tag before I do anything. I know the full auto version is like 4000 USD which i'd rather have a 50 Caliber BMG if i were going to spend that kind of money. I'm really not sure if such a gun exists i've just heard a little bit about it.

about as cheap as it gets.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=135760262

not as cheap

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=136635630

Edited by Banshee

Question. Its a destructive device so, could it not be converted to full auto since its already like... top teir "bad"?

Go easy on me, I don't know and I couldn't find it on google. I'm assuming no. :haha:

So you're here on the Saiga forum, bored with your current stock of guns, asking where to find a cheap USAS . . . .

. . . . as a fellow member of the Saiga forum, I feel obligated to recommend that you instead purchase a Saiga 12!

You can even give me the $3500 dollars you'll save in doing so, if you still feel the need to drop $4k.

I started to type out a long description about how to go about buying a USAS-12. Basically, it's not worth it when the saiga-12 is available. The saiga-12 is lighter, cheaper, easier to find, very customizable, has cheaper mags and looks better. There is no comparison between the two. Title 2 Firearms are fun, but expensive. I don't think a transferable automatic shotgun exists, and if it did, it would be expensive to feed. If you already have a saiga or three, then it's a LITTLE more understandable.

A little (highly biased) comparison for your consideration:

Reliability

Saiga - Kalashnikov action - if the factory built it right, it'll eat anything

USAS - Meh

Ease of Transfer

Saiga - Over-the-counter

USAS - Wait a few months for the ATF to take your $200 and pat you on the head

Weight

Saiga - Low

USAS - Not so low

Ammunition Versatility

Saiga - 2&3/4" or 3" shells

USAS - 2&3/4" only

Magazine Availability/Cost

Saiga - Mags everywhere, inexpensive, several capacity options

USAS - Mags rare, out of production, very expensive, 10-round box or 20-round drum only

Aftermarket Support

Saiga - Everybody and their brother makes stuff for AKs, much of which already fits the Saiga, most of the rest of which can be modified to fit it. Several other people and companies make products intended for the Saiga.

USAS - Nope. Clinton killed it pretty effectively.

Replacement Parts/Repair

Saiga - Warranty Repair Center located on U.S. soil, and run by a damned good crew. Replacement parts readily available. Many reputable gunsmiths who know the platform very well.

USAS - Good luck.

How Many You Can Buy for $3000

Saiga - Five or six

USAS - One

Stick with the saiga :P

I already own a Saiga 12, and i'm happy with it. You can never have enough guns, but I do agree that it's not worth $4000 or ever $2500. If it's more then the Saiga 12 then it's not worth it. I could simply upgrade the Saiga 12 I got for alot less money and have a superior firearm. I was hearing about the pre-ban which sounded pretty fair, but this $4000 bucks for that gun is outrageous. That's the price of the AA-12. The only reason I would buy another Saiga 12 is if A. My Saiga 12 broke (lol yeah right) or B. Or a shabby attempt at duel wielding the guns that ends badly for my arms. It has nothing to do with it not being a great gun, I just don't feel the need for a second Saiga 12. I plan to drop a boat load of money on my Saiga 12, and deck it out as far as I can take it. The only existing advantages to the USAS-12 is the safety is easier to disengage and it has a nice carrying handle which if you don't have a strap for it your gonna be grateful for considering it weights twice what a Saiga 12 does. I would love to upgrade my Saiga 12, but I can't seem to get around to it.

Well can anyone suggest any other interesting weapons that I might want to add to my collection? I was wanting a KS-23 but I can never seem to find one.

Edited by dbmccart

Well hell, if you're just looking to spend money on cool guns, there are a lot of possibilities. If I had a few grand to spend on more firepower, I'd probably pick up a FN 5.7x28 pistol, and/or a SGL20/21, (if you don't already have a 7.62x39 Saiga rifle). If you don't already have one, I recommend you pick up a solid .45 ACP pistol, (Springfield or Glock, both companies make fantastic .45's). Currently a Glock 30 SF is my preferred .45 ACP pistol.

Then there are SOCOM II rifles to consider. :D It really depends on how much you want to spend, but you can get several excellent weapons for less than you'd spend on a USAS-12.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I already own a Saiga 12, and I'm happy with it. You can never have enough guns, but I do agree that it's not worth $4000 or ever $2500. If it's more then the Saiga 12 then it's not worth it. I could simply upgrade the Saiga 12 I got for alot less money and have a superior firearm. I was hearing about the pre-ban which sounded pretty fair, but this $4000 bucks for that gun is outrageous. That's the price of the AA-12.

That is the price for some don't think if you are joe blow you can get a full auto AA-12 for 4000.00 or at all. In fact paying less then 3000.oo for anything FA is a good deal. We are talking about too many animals here.

Well hell, if you're just looking to spend money on cool guns, there are a lot of possibilities. If I had a few grand to spend on more firepower, I'd probably pick up a FN 5.7x28 pistol, and/or a SGL20/21, (if you don't already have a 7.62x39 Saiga rifle). If you don't already have one, I recommend you pick up a solid .45 ACP pistol, (Springfield or Glock, both companies make fantastic .45's). Currently a Glock 30 SF is my preferred .45 ACP pistol.

Then there are SOCOM II rifles to consider. :D It really depends on how much you want to spend, but you can get several excellent weapons for less than you'd spend on a USAS-12.

I'm just wanting weapons that stand out but wont cost you an arm and a leg like the Saiga 12. I mean money is not really a factor when it comes to a weapons character. As there are plenty of shotguns that cost twice what the Saiga does and are not only half the gun but are dull and boring. My point in hand, The Super Black Eagle. When I was working on a machine up in Kansas City, MO I decieded to talk to one of the guys about my Saiga 12 and which came to find out was a mistake because for like 4 days straight all I heard was Super Black Eagle. So I say, well maybe this gun is worth taking a look into. Of course I had no access to a computer being so far from home, so I dropped by a Cabela's. I asked the guy at the gun counter if he had a super black eagle and he hands me this shotgun. I'm like "this is a Super Black Eagle", so I laughed and told him I liked my Saiga 12 better. I told him straight up I wouldn't pay $1300 for that gun I don't care if its a Benelli or not. I thought it was one of the ugliest guns i've ever seen, there was nothing special about it what so ever. Just looked like a typical shotgun to me. Now a KS-23 if you can get me one for a reasonable price I would buy it off you, just because of the fact that it is what it is. Otherwise i'm looking for weapons that share the Saiga 12s character and hopefully price tag.

Like i said i'm trying to hunt down a KS-23, I saw one go on a gun auction for about $1200.00 which didn't seem to bad for the kind of power your getting. However the auction had already ended and if I could get it cheaper then that i'd be even happier. So if anyone gets info to where I can get one, make sure you tell me ok. Otherwise just start listing some guns with that have similar charm to that of hte Saiga 12 and won't cost an arm and a leg. If i'm going to have to spend close to 4k or over for the gun my answer to is is i'll just buy a Bolt Action 50. Cal Barret or more Saiga 12s. Or is i got really lucky and I mean really lucky i'd buy both.

I no longer see any nutritional value to the thread...

You never know, I may find a firearm that I may like yet. Not that there's anything wrong with my Saiga 12 it just seems lonely. So i just want to buy it some friends lol.

Edited by dbmccart
Like i said i'm trying to hunt down a KS-23, I saw one go on a gun auction for about $1200.00 which didn't seem to bad for the kind of power your getting. However the auction had already ended and if I could get it cheaper then that i'd be even happier. So if anyone gets info to where I can get one, make sure you tell me ok. Otherwise just start listing some guns with that have similar charm to that of hte Saiga 12 and won't cost an arm and a leg. If i'm going to have to spend close to 4k or over for the gun my answer to is is i'll just buy a Bolt Action 50. Cal Barret or more Saiga 12s. Or is i got really lucky and I mean really lucky i'd buy both.

Good luck, buying rare shit is always going to bring a premium. For $1,559, you can get the Remington Model 105 CTi II, that looks like fun! For $400 you can get the Remington 887 Nitro Magnum SPS Black Synthetic, another nice looking shotgun. There are many nice shotguns out there: side by sides, over & unders, pumps, and semi-autos; plenty of them don't cost an arm and a leg. Why spend your hard earned money on really rare expensive stuff, which you're never going to be able to get replacement parts for? Especially, when you can get something more standard and have just as much fun.

You started the thread with "I want a cheap USAS-12" now you want a KS-23, how much research on these have you actually done? Rhetorical question, obviously very little to none. Now you want people to find you a KS-23 (probably cheap) OR recommend some other shotguns for you, but you haven't really given any input as to what you'd be doing with said gun (HD, skeet, hunting, etc).

You never know, I may find a firearm that I may like yet. Not that there's anything wrong with my Saiga 12 it just seems lonely. So i just want to buy it some friends lol.

I think this says it all. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I don't think it ever had any.

Good luck, buying rare shit is always going to bring a premium. For $1,559, you can get the Remington Model 105 CTi II, that looks like fun! For $400 you can get the Remington 887 Nitro Magnum SPS Black Synthetic, another nice looking shotgun. There are many nice shotguns out there: side by sides, over & unders, pumps, and semi-autos; plenty of them don't cost an arm and a leg. Why spend your hard earned money on really rare expensive stuff, which you're never going to be able to get replacement parts for? Especially, when you can get something more standard and have just as much fun.

You started the thread with "I want a cheap USAS-12" now you want a KS-23, how much research on these have you actually done? Rhetorical question, obviously very little to none. Now you want people to find you a KS-23 (probably cheap) OR recommend some other shotguns for you, but you haven't really given any input as to what you'd be doing with said gun (HD, skeet, hunting, etc).

I think this says it all. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I don't think it ever had any.

Now your just being plain rude, I came here seeking knowledge about the USAS-12. When you guys turned me away from that I inquired about what you thought would be a firearm that shared the charm of the Saiga 12. Yes I've done my research on the KS-23, and obviously I know that there was a ban on the USAS-12 because they used to be pretty reasonably priced. I inquired about a semi automatic model that I had heard about. Honestly your just being a troll, I have the right to ask whatever I want. If all you intend to do is make hateful comments then please don't comment. As far as you inquiring me about what i would do with a KS-23, look I already own a Saiga 12 if I were planning to do something illegal I already have a firearm that out powers the local and county law enforcement. If you really must know, i keep my firearms for home defense mainly and small ammount of hunting on the side. Mainly Home Defense, because no I don't feel safe and mainly for just the reason I stated above. If a crazy red neck decides he wants to kill me then i'm on my own, because where I live guns are something alot of people have. Unfortunately we aren't gifted with an able police force, infact our police force is incapable of taking care of a couple of anarchic kids much less a full grown adult with a firearm. In such a situation where my life is threatened I want the best of the best, which yeah will probably run me a bit more then I want to spend, but in all seriousness what price can you put on a gun if it saves your life. I'm not aksing anyone to hunt down a firearm for me, but I did say if they had a KS-23 or knew of a place I could buy one I would appreciate it

First, if I was being rude, you'd know it. If you want to see me being rude, look up SaigaFun1234.

Second, there was nothing "obvious" to what you "knew", since you didn't post anything about knowing anything and the more you posted about things the less it seemed that you knew.

Third, it is "you're being a troll" not "your being a troll", if you're going to reduce the thread to insults, at least try to learn some basic grammar.

Fourth, there's not "right" under the Bill of Rights to "post whatever you want", it is an open forum, you have the privilege to post anything you want. Learn the distinction between the two, it could save you much time in the future.

Fifth, per "I were planning to do something illegal I already have a firearm that out powers the local and county law enforcement", I don't really care what you do at all, legal or illegal, that's up to you, nor did I indicate that you were "planning anything" I honestly have no idea where that came from.

Sixth, "If a crazy red neck decides he wants to kill me then i'm on my own, because where I live guns are something alot of people have." Again, basic grammar, "alot" isn't a word and you're less likely to be killed by a redneck than pretty much anyone else, most "rednecks" are good people, many of them post here.

Seventh, "Unfortunately we aren't gifted with an able police force", true, and per the Supreme Court, they are not required to help you.

Eighth, back to my original point, buy whatever guns can do what you want, you still have not discussed what you want to do with it, you just keep going on about what you want, for no particular reason. Buy a KS-23, I don't really care.

I gave you some good suggestions, you claim I'm a troll, stop being so sensitive.

Edited by vbrtrmn
First, if I was being rude, you'd know it. If you want to see me being rude, look up SaigaFun1234.

Second, there was nothing "obvious" to what you "knew", since you didn't post anything about knowing anything and the more you posted about things the less it seemed that you knew.

Third, it is "you're being a troll" not "your being a troll", if you're going to reduce the thread to insults, at least try to learn some basic grammar.

Fourth, there's not "right" under the Bill of Rights to "post whatever you want", it is an open forum, you have the privilege to post anything you want. Learn the distinction between the two, it could save you much time in the future.

Fifth, per "I were planning to do something illegal I already have a firearm that out powers the local and county law enforcement", I don't really care what you do at all, legal or illegal, that's up to you, nor did I indicate that you were "planning anything" I honestly have no idea where that came from.

Sixth, "If a crazy red neck decides he wants to kill me then i'm on my own, because where I live guns are something alot of people have." Again, basic grammar, "alot" isn't a word and you're less likely to be killed by a redneck than pretty much anyone else, most "rednecks" are good people, many of them post here.

Seventh, "Unfortunately we aren't gifted with an able police force", true, and per the Supreme Court, they are not required to help you.

Eighth, back to my original point, buy whatever guns can do what you want, you still have not discussed what you want to do with it, you just keep going on about what you want, for no particular reason. Buy a KS-23, I don't really care.

I gave you some good suggestions, you claim I'm a troll, stop being so sensitive.

That was actually supposed to be If I were planning but it was like 5 in the morning when I posted. Also proper grammer on the internet is for people who have to much time on their hands. If you find that offensive that's really undebatable, if you have time to make your statements proper and perfect then you obviously have to much time on your hands. My grammar isn't in question, I aced the english and reading portions of the ACT with perfect scores and was accepted into MIT for my Math and Sciences. I am a man who makes a quick and clear statements, and if you can understand it that's more then good enough for me.

I'm a grown man, and I don't need an english lesson everytime i post on this forum. My father is the CEO/Owner of a company does not worry about grammar as much as you do. The only people on this forum that probably really appreciate what it is I do are the business owners. I work on CNC Machinery, without people like me there would be no Saiga 12 parts for you. My company is the best at what we do, we've had to rebuild entire sections of machines to keep people from having to purchase a brand new one. We've actually had to rebuild and reprogram the whole machine before.

Now, i'm putting my foot down. Because, sinse I got here have been nothing but disrespected because of my age. Well how many 20 year old men do you know that have a job like the one I have? Most men my age, even in college are working in Fast Food joints. I think you and the rest of the forum need to look at what I do before judging me and not how old I am. Also to make you happy I added paragraphs, but I don't have time to go back and check for grammar errors just be glad you can read it.

I would also like to add one final thing, if you don't want to get the best price on a gun avaliable then I don't know whats wrong with you. Banshee has been a great help, they posted the cheapest USAS-12 opposed to it's regular price. That's all I really asked, is what is cheap for a USAS-12. I stated I wasn't going to pay 4k for a gun that was not far superior to the Saiga 12. The cheaper price wasn't to bad, but I could simply have parts made to fit the Saiga 12 for less.

Edited by dbmccart
That was actually supposed to be If I were planning but it was like 5 in the morning when I posted. Also proper grammer on the internet is for people who have to much time on their hands. If you find that offensive that's really undebatable, if you have time to make your statements proper and perfect then you obviously have to much time on your hands. My grammar isn't in question, I aced the english and reading portions of the ACT with perfect scores and was accepted into MIT for my Math and Sciences. I am a man who makes a quick and clear statements, and if you can understand it that's more then good enough for me.

I'm a grown man, and I don't need an english lesson everytime i post on this forum. My father is the CEO/Owner of a company does not worry about grammar as much as you do. The only people on this forum that probably really appreciate what it is I do are the business owners. I work on CNC Machinery, without people like me there would be no Saiga 12 parts for you. My company is the best at what we do, we've had to rebuild entire sections of machines to keep people from having to purchase a brand new one. We've actually had to rebuild and reprogram the whole machine before.

Now, i'm putting my foot down. Because, sinse I got here have been nothing but disrespected because of my age. Well how many 20 year old men do you know that have a job like the one I have? Most men my age, even in college are working in Fast Food joints. I think you and the rest of the forum need to look at what I do before judging me and not how old I am. Also to make you happy I added paragraphs, but I don't have time to go back and check for grammar errors just be glad you can read it.

I would also like to add one final thing, if you don't want to get the best price on a gun avaliable then I don't know whats wrong with you. Banshee has been a great help, they posted the cheapest USAS-12 opposed to it's regular price. That's all I really asked, is what is cheap for a USAS-12. I stated I wasn't going to pay 4k for a gun that was not far superior to the Saiga 12. The cheaper price wasn't to bad, but I could simply have parts made to fit the Saiga 12 for less.

Well, gosh, I guess you showed me, I've learned my place! Again, I posed the question what are you going to do with the gun, no answer, of course. Now, I'm apparently insulting your age and occupation, though I made no mention of each; guess I really hit a sore spot with my comments toward your general ignorance of spelling and grammar. Glad you're a grown man, maybe it is time to start acting like one. Glad your daddy is a CEO of a company, you showed me there too! I wish my daddy was a CEO!

Per managing a CNC machine shop, do you actually make any S12 parts? Damn another one you got me with, man, I so wish I was you then I could make all sorts of stuff and try to rub it in peoples' faces.

I never made any mention to not getting the best price on a gun, I even provided you with several suggestions on alternatives to get, guess you were so focused on what I didn't put in my responses, that you couldn't actually read what was there.

I'm really not sure what you're looking for and I don't really have time to have a pissing contest about who has the smaller penis or better job.

And speaking of irrelevant, what did you score on the SAT?!?

Well, gosh, I guess you showed me, I've learned my place! Again, I posed the question what are you going to do with the gun, no answer, of course. Now, I'm apparently insulting your age and occupation, though I made no mention of each; guess I really hit a sore spot with my comments toward your general ignorance of spelling and grammar. Glad you're a grown man, maybe it is time to start acting like one. Glad your daddy is a CEO of a company, you showed me there too! I wish my daddy was a CEO!

Per managing a CNC machine shop, do you actually make any S12 parts? Damn another one you got me with, man, I so wish I was you then I could make all sorts of stuff and try to rub it in peoples' faces.

I never made any mention to not getting the best price on a gun, I even provided you with several suggestions on alternatives to get, guess you were so focused on what I didn't put in my responses, that you couldn't actually read what was there.

I'm really not sure what you're looking for and I don't really have time to have a pissing contest about who has the smaller penis or better job.

And speaking of irrelevant, what did you score on the SAT?!?

Honestly dude i'm not trying to put you in your place, I just don't like people stomping all over me. Your not the first person to do it in this forum, but I would like it to be the last time it happened. I never said I manage a Machine shop, simply put I work on the machines when they break down. It's not the most glorious job in the world, but at least there's some dignity in it. I get to travel alot as well. As far as my ACT goes I scored high enought to I was accepted into MIT, that's really all I hoped for. My exact score is really no ones concern, it was high maybe not as high as I liked but high enough.

I'm not going to stand for getting stomped all over. You know what I have the money to buy this stuff, but if I just ran out and bought a 4000 dollar gun here and there I wouldn't have the money I do have now. I'm incredibly tight with my wallet, unless it's something I really want or need I won't buy it. I have the money to deck out my Saiga 12, and i've had to slap my hand off buying a drum. I plan to completely deck my Saiga 12 out all at one time, and i'm trying to make time to order the all the parts and sit down and assemble it.

Now this isn't just directed towards you vbrtrmn, because your not the only one on this forum who has done this to me. Most of them do blame it on my age, but like I said before. I just don't have the time to sit down a do a complete grammer and spelling check of everything I write on the internet. You guys who want to come in here and hound me because I misspelled a word or forgot to properly punctuate. Oh no there's been more the just people hounding me over spelling. The first time i refered to a magazine as a clip I got stomped all over like you wouldn't believe. I'll make sure if I catch one of you calling a cartridge, a round i'll be sure to jump on your asses the way you jumped on mine about me calling a magazine a clip.

I've had several people come straight out and tell me that they believed I was unexperienced and ignorant just because of my age. While vbrtrmn did not say anything about it, I did feel that my age might be brought into the conversation. Now i'm tired of the bullshit guys, it needs to end here. You talked to me on the internet that doesn't really give you any idea of what kind of person I am or how smart I am. Especially considering I get on the internet late at night usually when i'm tired.

So you're here on the Saiga forum, bored with your current stock of guns, asking where to find a cheap USAS . . . .

. . . . as a fellow member of the Saiga forum, I feel obligated to recommend that you instead purchase a Saiga 12!

You can even give me the $3500 dollars you'll save in doing so, if you still feel the need to drop $4k.

I concur.

There was a fellow at a local machine gun shoot that I attended. He had a USAS there and was showing it off. I walked over when he arrived a took a peek at it then showed him my Saiga-12. He kind of acknowledged it with some disdain.

When we started shooting I was really throwing some hulls in the air. While he was bang, band, jam, bang, jam, etc.

He got tired of and announced the gun as sick and put it back in the case. One of his posse walked over and asked me what I was shooting in the way of shells and I told him cheap Wally-World birdshot. He was surprised and told me that the USAS only ran well, when it ran, on high brass!

I concur.

There was a fellow at a local machine gun shoot that I attended. He had a USAS there and was showing it off. I walked over when he arrived a took a peek at it then showed him my Saiga-12. He kind of acknowledged it with some disdain.

When we started shooting I was really throwing some hulls in the air. While he was bang, band, jam, bang, jam, etc.

He got tired of and announced the gun as sick and put it back in the case. One of his posse walked over and asked me what I was shooting in the way of shells and I told him cheap Wally-World birdshot. He was surprised and told me that the USAS only ran well, when it ran, on high brass!

That was a good story, you know any other firearms other then the Saiga series that are good? In the end i'm probably going to take the money and fully deck out my saiga 12. I wasn't going to do the conversion, but after seeing how the Saiganov Skeleton Stock looked on it, I might go ahead and do it. I'm just looking for good suggestions. I'm not really looking for another shotgun, but like i said before i'll take a KS-23 if you run across one.

Edited by dbmccart
That was a good story, you know any other firearms other then the Saiga series that are good? In the end i'm probably going to take the money and fully deck out my saiga 12. I wasn't going to do the conversion, but after seeing how the Saiganov Skeleton Stock looked on it, I might go ahead and do it. I'm just looking for good suggestions. I'm not really looking for another shotgun, but like i said before i'll take a KS-23 if you run across one.

There are more guns out there worth having then any of us have the money to have. I started on my small collection when I was 12, really.

I am partial to military style firearms and have a few. I am particularly fond of FALs, both metric and inch, and I have 2 examples of each.

I also like the M1A/M14 family and of course the Garand. I have a nice High Standard 10-B I would be interested in trading on a 7.62x39 Valmet if anyone has interest... :)

I concur.

Imo, you shouldn't be considering spending any more money on so-so guns like the USAS-12 when you haven't even yet converted restored your S-12. It can be done for <$200, (which still vastly improves the function of the gun). If you want to spend more, it's easy enough to do. The performance/handling of my S-12 when she was stock doesn't even begin to compare to how she performs now that she's restored. :smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic