Two questions about red dot sight and mount

I am sure the info can be pulled out of the numerous posts here but a search brings up too numerous posts to go through.

Does anyone know if there is any kind of mount that can be attached from the side of a tri-rail forward handguard (Hellion with picatinny rails) that will curve upward and over the top to mount a red dot sight on a 8" shorty I am finishing up? I removed the side mounted sight base and filled the holes on the build already so that is not an option.

Secondly, which red dot sights are good and will withstand the recoil/shock of a 8" shorty? Any pics or links appreciated.

5vx0t4.jpg

eseaton

Edited by eseaton

I've had good luck with an EOTech 512 so far but I don't know of any forends that meet your needs. Mine is mounted on a rail Tony Rumore mounted though I don't believe he does tham anymore. He told me mine would be the last one he ever did. I'd love to know if you find something though.

Oh yeah pic at left...

Edited by Glocker
I've had good luck with an EOTech 512 so far but I don't know of any forends that meet your needs. Mine is mounted on a rail Tony Rumore mounted though I don't believe he does tham anymore. He told me mine would be the last one he ever did. I'd love to know if you find something though.

Oh yeah pic at left...

Thanks for the info, Glocker.

Hey builders, this might be a chance to make a product that is not (at least commonly) available. A mount that attaches to a tri-rail handguard that comes up and over barrel with picatinny rail mount on top. :dollar:

I posted this in the other thread but wanted to post here as well.

Cobra and I are discussing getting this project in motion. He has a lot on his plate so I'm not sure what kind of timeframe we're looking at yet but his work is top notch and will be worth the wait. The best thing about this design will be the ability to remove the hand guard without having to detach and mess with the upper mount, meaning you won't have to re-sight your optic every time you take the hand guard off for cleaning, etc.

Thanks,

Zach

KROSS FA