integrally suppressed Saiga 12

Anton Chigurh got tired of his other suppressed shotgun and ordered this up.

post-5877-1249964418_thumb.jpg

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/videos/Su...dJacketS-12.AVI

Though obviously the real reason Will made it was so a shooter wouldn't have to take the cigarette out of their mouth when shooting:

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/videos/Su...cketS12vsAR.AVI

Edited by Frogfoot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunTim View Post

is it slugs he is shooting?

It is high brass 7 1/2 shot but runs slugs as well.Here is the specs on it.

SPECS:Weight : 8lb's

Barrel : 19.5 in

Can : 16 in.

O.D. of can : 1.75 in.

Overall BBL w/ can : 22.5 in

Overall w/ stock extended :40.5

Overall with stock folded : 32.5

Forearm : Tromix "shorty" Galil type

P.G. : std AK [for now , I'm out of Ergo's }

Suppression : Check out the movie where we shoot it alongside a GemTech AR-15 can

Recoil : analogous to 7.62x39 semi-auto

Sight's : HK . Not needed to clear the can , but I like them

Stock : Ace sidefolder

Charging handel : Tromix upswept Galil type , weld on .

Choke : You pick it , accept's Izmash factory chokes

Build note's : Shortened gas system back to std SBS spec's so as to have more barrel to port . Barrel has 4 evenly spaced row's of porting from the rear cap , which is 1.25 in. from gasblock to allow removal of gasplug , running up to .5 in from begining of threading at end of barrel . All port hole's evenly spaced and drilled at a proper 45 degree angle . Can is held in proper relation to barrel and suported by a .5 in wide bushing threaded on behind original , factory threading at end of barrel .

or http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22120

Always wanted one of those though that does sort of ruin the close quarters performance of the SBS... :super::lolol:

If he made a non-integral suppressor that fit more than one brand of shotgun he would sell more. I know I would buy one, I have a few SBSs that I would like to try it with.

Will already makes screw on suppressors for SBR's, so a separate screw on Saiga 12 suppressor is something he will probably be doing sometime down the road. As far as this current integrally suppressed Saiga 12 of his goes, from what he posted over on the AK Forum ( http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic...asc&start=0 ) it sounded like he had two main goals in mind when making it. The first was to make a suppressed shotgun that would be as quiet as possible (which is no doubt why the suppressor section of the barrel is as long as it is), and secondly to make a suppressed shotgun that would only require one NFA tax stamp to purchase/transfer (which of course couldn't be done with an SBS and a detachable suppressor).

Edited by Frogfoot
Always wanted one of those though that does sort of ruin the close quarters performance of the SBS... :super::lolol:

If he made a non-integral suppressor that fit more than one brand of shotgun he would sell more. I know I would buy one, I have a few SBSs that I would like to try it with.

Will already makes screw on suppressors for SBR's, so a separate screw on Saiga 12 suppressor is something he will probably be doing sometime down the road. As far as this current integrally suppressed Saiga 12 of his goes, from what he posted over on the AK Forum ( http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic...asc&start=0 ) it sounded like he had two main goals in mind when making it. The first was to make a suppressed shotgun that would be as quiet as possible (which is no doubt why the suppressor section of the barrel is as long as it is), and secondly to make a suppressed shotgun that would only require one NFA tax stamp to purchase/transfer (which of course couldn't be done with an SBS and a detachable suppressor).

That's about it . The goal here was a supressed shotgun that 1, worked 2, was fieldable [weight/size] , 3, easy maintenance 4, shot anything , shotshell's, slug's , whatever . 5 , realisiticly affordable . 6 , looked cool , not like 870 with a sewer pipe welded on it . I had potential customer's and just plain intrested folk's supply the base line performance criteria . I can see [now] were it would be possible to do a screw on can that would acomplish all this , but it would be a very intensive machineing effort [mean's expensive :) ] I'll make one when sombody pushs me into it . Right now , well , I've never seen a new product take off so fast . If we ever do make a detachable can for a shotgun , it will be for the Saiga . Barrel profile's , threading and whatnot , well , we got Saiga's down pat . This is what we do . Will

That's pretty cool. I knew someone would do it, since Tony had proven it could be done once.

I had an idea myself to do one, and it was more or less along those lines, except I wasn't going to shorten the gas system. I just haven't had the time.

As Will already knows I'm sure, the problem with a detachable suppressor will be the wad opening inside it. This pretty much requires a center tube, which makes for a lot of machining. The integral model actually turns out easier to make.

Anyway, excellent job.

For those interested in a screw on suppressor instead of integral suppression, yesterday in that thread on the AK Forum ( http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic...asc&start=0 ) Will posted this:

OK guy's , been getting flooded with reqests for this can as a screw on , seperate unit . After drawing it out , going over it all . No problem . Same performance , still use a choke [or not, your call] . It will be the same size can ,16 in's x 1.75 in's . Only for use on SBS's made by me or Tromix . No warranty if used on anyone else's SBS's S-12 . Price is $900.00
Edited by Frogfoot
If Will will make one for a 19"er i'll get the paperwork started tomorrow, yeah it'd be retarded long, but still awesome.

Will doesn't trust factory threading the way he does Red Jacket and Tromix . And yeah , 14 inchs of tube in front of a 19 in barrel , dang . We can , of course , turn your gun into one of our's . Will

Anton Chigurh got tired of his other suppressed shotgun and ordered this up.

post-5877-1249964418_thumb.jpg

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/videos/Su...dJacketS-12.AVI

Though obviously the real reason Will made it was so a shooter wouldn't have to take the cigarette out of their mouth when shooting:

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/videos/Su...cketS12vsAR.AVI

who's toolbox are ya'll shootin' at? LOL

unfortunately i live in indianapolis, and 19" is as short as it gets however they don't give a hoot about suppressors. Any ideas? I do still want one.

yeah man , the gun shown is an integrally suppressed S-12 with a 19.5 in barrel . It's registatered as such , not a SBS .

Yeah sorry if i wasn't clear. You still have to pay for the suppressor stamp, however you cant have SBS's in Indy. I was thinking this was an SBS with a screwed on can. since it's all one piece it's not an SBS which is nice and saves me length as i was thinking of buying a can and screwing it on my 19incher. The price seems nice too. I'd hate to lead any of my fellow indianians astray

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped by Red Jacket at lunch and got to shoot one of these suppressed puppies.

First surprise was how light weight the can is!

Even with an ACE folder on it, the can didn't make it too off balance.

Recoil was what I've come to expect from a Red Jacket shorty, which is not much, about that of a 7.62, if that heavy.

All in all a very sweet shoot!

Looks like I'm going to be getting a can for mine!

:super::super:

I dropped by Red Jacket at lunch and got to shoot one of these suppressed puppies.

Recoil was what I've come to expect from a Red Jacket shorty, which is not much, about that of a 7.62, if that heavy.

yeah but I'm charging you extra . 10% fondling fee LOL :)

I bought a 7.62 x 39 suppressor and a .223 suppressor from Red Jacket.... looks like I need to call Will and get the 12 gauge can now. I think its a gotta have thing.