Well, I am afraid my Saiga, Mossbeerg 3" slug gun, and most other guns will be "safe queens" for awhile. Just started having problems with the right shoulder I had rebuilt the beginning of the year. Went and had an MRI Friday and it turns out that one of the three severed tendons they re-attached in January tore completely off again. Means another surgery (thank God for good insurance from the school district), more physical therapy, and NO SHOOTING FOR AWHILE!!!!! :cryss:

I took the Saiga off the closet shelf and put it in the safe. That metal folder would kill me to shoot now. Pulled out my WW2 USGI Underwood M1 Carbine to do duty as a house gun. No recoil to speak of, and very effective with 110 JSP Remingtons (Took a 175 lb deer at 75 yards with one once). It's a sweet gun, pristine bore, with less than "1" on the erosion gauge. It was an Israeli "Mash Az" Police weapon that was re-imported. It will shoot as well as the Saiga at 100 yards. Two 15 rounders in a stock pouch and a 30 round USGI "IA" WW2 mag in the weapon, it will fill the bill until I am "Saiga worthy" again!

Well, I am afraid my Saiga, Mossbeerg 3" slug gun, and most other guns will be "safe queens" for awhile. Just started having problems with the right shoulder I had rebuilt the beginning of the year. Went and had an MRI Friday and it turns out that one of the three severed tendons they re-attached in January tore completely off again. Means another surgery (thank God for good insurance from the school district), more physical therapy, and NO SHOOTING FOR AWHILE!!!!! :cryss:

That sucks bad, but I think you can still handle shooting lefty rambo style from the hip!

Rangemaster: Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Have you fired a pump with the Mesa Tactical Enidine system? I highly recommend it. It may allow you, once the shoulder is healed up again, to shoot the Mossberg again.

WJ

B, I am so sorry to hear this! My wife broke/crushed her shoulder 1 1/2 years ago and after a couple of surgeries, she still isn't able to shoot her Mossberg Persuader and she is going nuts! LOL I'm just glad that you have good ins....it means the world!

Sorry to hear about your friend too, my wife's cousin is in the same boat...kinda puts things in perspective, huh. I was feeling bad for us because I lost my job last week due to reduction in workforce, then this week her cousin got news from her doc that she has 6 months if she is lucky...I got over myself real quick!

imarangemaster:> Sorry to hear about that. You will get better soon Im sure. You might consider trading the 7.62 for a 5.45x39 or a 223 unit. they would help with the recoil and probably allow you to beegin shooting sooner.

hahahaha! Weak hand shooting. I haven't had to qualify weak hand with a shotty in ten years! As for trading for a 223 Saiga, I had one and traded it to get the 7.62x39 for more thump and better re-loadability (cast bullets). I have to admit that 223 with Galil orlites was really cool!

The carbine will do for now. With about 700 ft lbs ME at 100 yards, SPs have enough thump for close up! That deer I shot made it about 30 yards and was deader than Hogan's goat! It was a side heart-lung shot (slight angle) and the exit hole was impressive for the little carbine.

PS, it took out one rib on the close side and two on the back side.

Edited by imarangemaster

I took the Saiga off the closet shelf and put it in the safe. That metal folder would kill me to shoot now. Pulled out my WW2 USGI Underwood M1 Carbine to do duty as a house gun. No recoil to speak of, and very effective with 110 JSP Remingtons (Took a 175 lb deer at 75 yards with one once). It's a sweet gun, pristine bore, with less than "1" on the erosion gauge. It was an Israeli "Mash Az" Police weapon that was re-imported. It will shoot as well as the Saiga at 100 yards. Two 15 rounders in a stock pouch and a 30 round USGI "IA" WW2 mag in the weapon, it will fill the bill until I am "Saiga worthy" again!

Not to be like the lawyers you see on T.V.....but, have you ever used the anti-biotic levaquin? it has been linked to torn/ripped tendons and there is some sorta class action lawsuit you could probably hop into and get yourself a nice little shorty tromix or something :haha:

Not to be like the lawyers you see on T.V.....but, have you ever used the anti-biotic levaquin? it has been linked to torn/ripped tendons and there is some sorta class action lawsuit you could probably hop into and get yourself a nice little shorty tromix or something :haha:

Crap, come to think of it I had Levaquin for pneumonia in October, and ripped all my rotator cuff tendons in January when I fell..... Me thinks I have to look into it. When I was a Sheriff's Investigator, we used to say if it seems like too much of a coincidence...IT IS! :cryss:

Thanks for reminding me, pard.