Saiga 12's are only toys, not for serious use.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+1. Now I know for sure you are not kidding!!!

The main thing you have to worry about is meeting the 5 requirements for accorite predictive fire. And in your case avoiding "Load Lay Elevation Error."

Saiga 12 ignorance might be a good thing. It keeps the price down and off the DD list. If people knew what I kown about these, they would cost more than Benellis and be DD. Let them think that they ar

Posted Images

Or so the nay-sayers say.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1101679

Sometimes I forget how the S12 can be the "love to hate" shotgun, outside of this forum. :rolleyes:

Wow, only one person was for the S-12. Funny that it's on Glocktalk, remember when the Golck first came out

how much negative feedback it got. If they want to call the Saiga a range toy, that's fine with me. But I'm sure

that none of them would want to be on the wrong end of these toy's.

If anything ever happens at my house (god forbid) I'm grabbing the most fire power I have, that's the S-12

For one I would take a XD over a glock. I like how they all have one are owned one. If someone is a member on glocktalk tell them to post pics of their S12's with their weak ass glock's. And point them in the right direction to sell them.

If I wasn't laid off right now and had the money!!! I would send everyone that had a S12 and didn't like it a PM. "I would gladly take your novelty gun off your hands for $300, besides it doesn't work anyway, right?"

Or so the nay-sayers say.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1101679

Sometimes I forget how the S12 can be the "love to hate" shotgun, outside of this forum. :rolleyes:

Wow, only one person was for the S-12. Funny that it's on Glocktalk, remember when the Golck first came out

how much negative feedback it got. If they want to call the Saiga a range toy, that's fine with me. But I'm sure

that none of them would want to be on the wrong end of these toy's.

If anything ever happens at my house (god forbid) I'm grabbing the most fire power I have, that's the S-12

I find it odd, that someone said "I looked at one today. The mag is freakin' huge. It looks a little clumsy to me." on a Glock forum. If we're going on looks, Glocks look like squared blocks with triggers. It's pretty obvious that the guy who said that, did exactly as he said "looked at one", and never actually handled the S12. Nor did the guy who replied to his comment, saying "That's been my observation too. I'll stick to a 870, thank you very much." Observation being the key word.

I think fasdfs nailed it: Sentimentalists.

(FWIW, my blocky Glock comment above is not a bash on Glocks. I will be getting a G19 as my first ever handgun. Thus the reason I joined GT and how I found that thread.)

Saiga 12: The Redheaded Step-Child of the Shotgun World.

Obviously the bashers are just not that knowledgeable. Go to any competition or tactical training class and see how well pump shotguns fair against S12's.

It's not even close, you can deliver more rounds, more accurately. If you have to reload the performance gap is even more obvious.

Only a fool would take a 6 shot pump gun over a 8 shot semiauto in a gunfight.

The better autoloaders out there are fine weapons. However, reloading is still a weak point and my S12 has a simple, robust action as opposed to some that have o-rings, or complicated mechanisms.

Reliability is paramount, of course, and while some have had to tweak their vodka specials, once the bugs are worked out S12's run as well as any autoloader on the market.

Perhaps I'm just lucky, but mine has run flawlessly from day one.

When I run mine all the pump guys & tube fed autoloaders dudes shake their heads that I can engage so many targets, so fast.

For one I would take a XD over a glock.

As would I.

I own a Glock 21, S&W M&P9C, and a full-size XD40. In terms of quality, accuracy, function, and cost, they're pretty much the same. In terms of ergonomics, the M&P with its adjustable backstrap wins hands down. The XD is a close second because, even though it's comfortable, the grip safety has a tendency to pinch under recoil. The Glock feels like it was not made with human hands in mind; the grip angle is all wrong, and they're just too bulky, thanks in part to their using composite magazine bodies instead of sheet metal. When it comes down to it, the Glock 17 was a great innovation, but that was a long time ago, and very little has changed since. There are too many equally reliable and better-engineered polymer-framed, striker-fired pistols being made to justify my purchasing another one.

By the way, someone should point them to this thread to see how indignant they get when their favorite platform comes under legitimate attack!

Only one way to know for sure...... Death match......!!!!

Our crew vs their crew......

Best of luck with your reload times!!!!

Edit: emotional attachment to ANY platform can get you killed!!!!

I will ALWAYS love my Saiga 12's.... but if a better shotty comes along.... guess what......

I find it sooooo freakin' funny that GLOCK dudes would question the saiga....

after all... some silly polymer frame auto loader will NEVER be as reliable as a wheel gun!!!!

Frikin' morons..... Brainwashed in "modern technique".....

I shoot Glock and Saiga.... they go bang every time......

Do this with your Benelli or 870

I love my Glock. The Glock is the S-12 of the pistol world IMO. It's too bad there has to be such forum rivalry going on here. Fuds talking shit that are obviously uneducated about what they speak.... :rolleyes:

I love my Glock. The Glock is the S-12 of the pistol world IMO. It's too bad there has to be such forum rivalry going on here. Fuds talking shit that are obviously uneducated about what they speak.... :rolleyes:

You put that glock in the safe with all them Russian toys and it does not get scared ??? mabie you snuggle it close to that there ar15

Our crew vs their crew......

Im in on a hog hunt with two man teams....one of our guys, one of thier guys, and the neutral driver/guide per team. Whoever I get paired against, best know how to stalk hunt game in heavy cover....

We can add up weight after the weekend, or 3 month period.

....maybe we SHOULD offer a challenge up like this, officially.....Im not going to shoot with a newbie unless i see them at a range first, however.

any thoughts?

my saiga-12 is NOT A TOY. What Ive done to mine, and its still loaded behind my door, would make any other shotgun and almost any rifle or pistol CRY.

Good post, I wanted add that if my saiga did have a feed or eject failure, I could clear it in about or only slightly more time than it takes to pump the action on a pump.

BTW, I have never had a failure with high brass ammo.

I think it is ironic that some are critical of the saiga's plastic stock, when a glock is largely plastic itself.

Obviously the bashers are just not that knowledgeable. Go to any competition or tactical training class and see how well pump shotguns fair against S12's.

It's not even close, you can deliver more rounds, more accurately. If you have to reload the performance gap is even more obvious.

Only a fool would take a 6 shot pump gun over a 8 shot semiauto in a gunfight.

The better autoloaders out there are fine weapons. However, reloading is still a weak point and my S12 has a simple, robust action as opposed to some that have o-rings, or complicated mechanisms.

Reliability is paramount, of course, and while some have had to tweak their vodka specials, once the bugs are worked out S12's run as well as any autoloader on the market.

Perhaps I'm just lucky, but mine has run flawlessly from day one.

When I run mine all the pump guys & tube fed autoloaders dudes shake their heads that I can engage so many targets, so fast.

Edited by VWBeamer

It boggles my mind that someone named gun_guru would spend money buying weapons, NOT shooting them, and basically relying on an unfired, untested weapon as a "behind the bedroom door" gun.

I guess I must be an economics guru because I have a bunch of bills to pay.