Saiga 12's are only toys, not for serious use.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+1. Now I know for sure you are not kidding!!!

The main thing you have to worry about is meeting the 5 requirements for accorite predictive fire. And in your case avoiding "Load Lay Elevation Error."

Saiga 12 ignorance might be a good thing. It keeps the price down and off the DD list. If people knew what I kown about these, they would cost more than Benellis and be DD. Let them think that they ar

Posted Images

Nice pics of the Russians with their S12s.

One of these days, I'll be picking up a Glock 20 and an XDM. I don't understand why we're arguing with pistols about shotgun qualities. In the old days, pistol guys would shoot their pistols and then trained to use them as clubs or to throw their pistols as a distraction while they drew their fighting knives. I've also heard all kinds of things about Glocks accidentally discharging while being holstered or drawn and shooting off toes, gentitals, and other body parts. My wife has 2 Mossberg 500s... she loves them, but is about " " far from coming over to the Saiga 100%.

Yeah, one time, at band camp, I saw a picture of an F-16 and it sucks compared to the F-14 because Top Gun has F-14's! If I was going to have a plane though, I would want the alien ship in Independence Day because Will Smith liked it better than the F-18's! The alien ship could have a cloaking device which makes it more tactical than the Stealth Bomber.

The problem with gun forums is that people that are "experts" on the weapons they post about may have never even held one.

Comparing a reliable single shot to a full auto that jams once every two hundred rounds does not make a single shot a more effective weapon for suppressive fire. But ignorant fucks that don't own full autos will bad-mouth them to make them feel that their weapon is the "end-all" of awesomeness!

Comparing a reliable single shot to a full auto that jams once every two hundred rounds does not make a single shot a more effective weapon for suppressive fire. But ignorant fucks that don't own full autos will bad-mouth them to make them feel that their weapon is the "end-all" of awesomeness!

A big +1 on that! When I first got my M11 I brought to my Range and I could hear one guy (due to electronic ear muffs) do nothing but bitch about 'how fast it shoots' and how I had to use a 'loader' on the magazines. I finally got sick of his whining, pointed to my hearing protection and said 'Hey! I can hear everything you're saying!'. He shut up after that.

Some people that don't have or can't get something like to trash talk it. Annoying to say the least.

As I said in an earlier post on this thread, the Glock was ridiculed when it first came out and now it is accepted.

So it will be with the S 12 only more so. I say people will soon be coming to the S 12 in droves. At that time I'm

sure alot of these guys on Glocktalk that are saying the S 12 is a toy and junk will be saying "I knew this shotgun

was best tactical shotty on the market from the get go."

Hey! you quoted me!, don't I get a residual, or a sucker or something? :lolol:

The AgentAk dude was funny. One of those guys who think because they've been around for awhile they have the high ground. He mentioned more than once how he "bled for your right", OK- thanks for your service. But that doesn't make you smarter than anyone else.

He also seemed to be taking the "best shotgun ever" in a historical context. Perhaps in the "historical" context the S12 is not the best shotgun ever. It is, however the best, attainable, fighting shotgun on the market today.

The simple resolution to this is a challenge. set up a course of fire and run the pump gun that he favors through the course and then the S12. Guess who is going to be able to engage more targets, faster?

We know the answer, he doesn't. Sometimes ignorance isn't bliss.

I read some dumb comments about the Saiga S-12 on the Glock forum. This one really got me laughing at the ignorance about a great shotgun:

The S-12 is a range toy. High capacity in a shotgun is overrated in the real world, especially with tube fed shotguns easily holding 6 to 9+1 rounds on tap.

I'm glad I got to handle and fire one of those converted pigs before I got the bug to buy one myself. All of the sucky ergonomic sins of the AK-47 with none of the reliability benefits. The one I fired choked on target loads twice.

Converted pigs? Tell that to the Russian Spetnaz who use the S-12s.

Recently the Cincinnati Police decided to replace the Smoth & Wesson 59 series pistols with the S&W Military and Police 9mms. They did NOT choose Glocks. I tried a S&W M&P at Target World in the Cincinnati area and it's the smoothest pistol I ever shot. I emptied 17 rounds in a baseball size pattern at 7 yards in about nine seconds. It was the easiest pistol to keep on target and shoot. The Cincinnati police gave S&W input on what they wanted in a pistol and S&W gave it to them. Forest Park replaced their Glocks .40s with S&W M&P .40s recently as well.

Some of the inputs on that forum were better educated and understood the advantages of the S-12s but the one I quoted shows his ignorance.

The S-12 has the benefits of the AK-47 in shotgun form and the advantage commonality with the AK and reliability so an operator only has to learn to use one weapon. I think Genady Nikonov designed a great shotgun based on the AK platform.

Saiga 12 ignorance might be a good thing. It keeps the price down and off the DD list. If people knew what I kown about these, they would cost more than Benellis and be DD. Let them think that they are just toys.

+1 :super: