It's (Camaro) a compromise in the looks department, but that would be my choice.

As long as the back of the Camaro looks nice, that is all that matters...

Cuz that is what the "other" ones will be seeing!

post-19652-1251014854_thumb.jpgpost-19652-1251015516_thumb.jpgpost-2-1053147890.gifpost-19652-1251015999_thumb.jpgpost-19652-1251017171_thumb.jpg

But, come on... The front ain't bad.. :up:

Edited by Paulyski
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Is ford still using PLASTIC intake manifolds like on my 4.6L?

The LS's have plastic plenums from the factory. They heat up, they aren't as smoothe, they make less power, but they're a lot lighter than anything else.

Also, I was going to say only the Camaro has independent rear suspension, but it seems the Challenger does too.

Edited by Twinsen
It's (Camaro) a compromise in the looks department, but that would be my choice.

As long as the back of the Camaro looks nice, that is all that matters...

[sNIP]

But, come on... The front ain't bad.. :up:

The 3D models/edited pics mean nothing, any car can be made to look better using that. No, the front isn't that bad at all but is still less appealing to me than the charger. The charger looks more retro to me while the Camaro almost looks futuristic. Unfortunately the Challenger's engine is also retro, they really dropped the ball on that IMO.

Looks like I won't be going to Greensboro NC after all Warrior Judge. The wife is flying out of Indianapolis alone tomorrow morning and I did not have enough time to find a homesitter for the kids. I'm Mr. Mom all next week. And we are not going at all next month. I think it had something to do with this "cash for clunker" program being much more popular than the government thought. Uncle Sam did not have enough people trained to handle all the claims which has flooded them. Apparently it has been dumped on the IRS and 400 seasonal workers have been called up and have to be instructed how to process all the paperwork which has piled up. Nonetheless, good luck on your next vehicular purchase and I hope you are happy with your choice. It's good to see all the Chevy V Mopar V Ford arguments again!

Edited by t165
The standard 370Z beats all the cars you mentioned in braking, handling, 1/4, skidpad, etc... but it is a 2 seater car and a V6... :killer:

Not according to Motor trend. Here are the specs for the 370Z, compare it to the last page from the link above. It does pull slightly better skid pad numbers, but loses in the other categories you listed. Also, to be fair, the the 370Z is a sports car and should handle better.

Yes I am looking at the numbers from motortrend and I don't see what you are seeing I guess??? I would say they are all sportscars, and the Z,especially the Nismo Z, beats all the cars in every catagory I mentioned above...Stats straight from motortrend below for all 5 cars...

0-60,1/4@ time,skidpad,braking 60-0,HP,TQ

challenger 5.1,13.6@104.9,.82,135,376,410

mustang 4.9,13.5@104.2,.95,108,315,325

camaro 4.7,13.0@111.0,.90,105,426,420

370 Z 4.7,13.3@105.7,.99,106,332,270

nismo Z 4.6,13.0@106.0*,1.01*,103,350,276 (*=est. others from motortrend)

the Z also has better figure 8's, gas milage, weight, compression ratio, price, etc... Can you tell I am in :wub: with this new Z car... :devil:

Hey I love them all, and am a big V8 lover, but The new Z is a beast, and no one can deny that for a N/A V6 it got ballz and starting under 30K,I will have one, but I am going to wait for a year or so because i have heard rumors of a turbo Z for 2011 or 2012... 450HP/350TQ and T-tops...Oh yeah!!!!!!!!! got the info from a buddy that does SEMA cars for Ford, Nissan, Toyota, etc...This year he is doing a car for Ford...BADASS!!! Can't say anymore...

Camarovchallengervmustang motortrend specs

Nismo Z specs from motortrend

370Z stats at motortrend

Edited by lvjeffro
  • 4 months later...