I saw this a while back. G.I. Joe wasn't that bad. It had its moments but some really corny stuff towards the end with Cobra Commander{I had low expectations, so that helped}. Remaking Red Dawn however is blasphemy. Especially with the generic cast of mostly Teeny Boppers cast for their looks...not their acting abilities. I think one of them is OK he's going to play the Patrick Swayze role also same guy that's going to be Thor. Remakes seem to be the trend for a while. I think it stems from the writers strike, Hollywood had to recycle scripts. Could be why there are so many remakes lately? There's plenty of ideas out there to be made into movies without having to resort to remakes.

I wonder, in this "remake" of Red Dawn will the American resistance fighters find themselves unsure as to whether the Communists are right and capitalism is evil?

With the current climate in Hollywood, it wouldn't suprise me.

That would ruin the whole message and theme of the movie it was based on.

So, yeah, that seems very likely then. :ded:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/

Why can't they just leave our childhood memories alone? First GI Joes, now this?? It's almost like they're systematically ruining everything that was ever good!

IS NOTHING SACRED, HOLLYWOOD!? :cryss:

Well, hopefully they don't land the invasion force in San Francisco, where the citizens don't have so much as a BB gun to raise in opposition. An unconditional surrender in the first five minutes would make for a really boring movie.

I never imagined Hollywood would ever go after this one...the original was completely anti-Hollywood. Guess I answered my own question as to why they'd feel the need to remake it...

I pray everyday that they don't butcher Robotech like they have with these other classics...may that movie never see the light of day if it's going to suck!

There's also going to be a new Tron movie...I feel pretty strongly that they shouldn't revisit that one either. I don't care that they have Bridges again...can only hope they prove me wrong...

Edited by sidewinderl
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/

Why can't they just leave our childhood memories alone? First GI Joes, now this?? It's almost like they're systematically ruining everything that was ever good!

IS NOTHING SACRED, HOLLYWOOD!? :cryss:

Well, hopefully they don't land the invasion force in San Francisco, where the citizens don't have so much as a BB gun to raise in opposition. An unconditional surrender in the first five minutes would make for a really boring movie.

Actually that would make a rather nice beginning if Arizona and rural NorCal mobilized to expel the invaders. Pro-gun subtext, anyone?

Hell, I should write movies. :rolleyes:

I read that the invasion site is Spokane, Washington.

Red Dawn was a great movie. I'll be forced to see a remake just because. A Red Dawn update could be fun... just look at how much guerilla warfare has evolved through the use of IEDs and news footage coming out of Iraq and Afganistan. We have a lot more vets and I think a higher awareness of what's going on and how to do these kinds of things. 9/11 and other incidents have sensitized the public to the need to stand up and fight back. It could be very good.

GI Joe was awful. What is it about Egypt that suddenly in all movies, we're best buddies with Egypt... and any reference to Egypt involves military aircraft flying BETWEEN the pyramids?

I actually watched Red Dawn a couple of weeks ago on YouTube. The movie is a classic! I bet they cut out the part where the girl has to drink the blood of her kill to absorb the qualities. That would be a major no-no nowadays. The new Final Destination looks bad ass holy god good though! (like all the others before it)

Surprised they don't go with the US Government vs. Citizens angle. Have a suspect group of political higher ups agree to allow China to claim the US as their own rather than pay back the debts, only to insure they still get to keep their roles when the dust settles.

Directed by Alex Jones! LOL!!!

I actually watched Red Dawn a couple of weeks ago on YouTube. The movie is a classic! I bet they cut out the part where the girl has to drink the blood of her kill to absorb the qualities. That would be a major no-no nowadays. The new Final Destination looks bad ass holy god good though! (like all the others before it)

I don't think the girls had joined at that point...the one who drank the blood was Robert (C. Thomas Howell)...after that he was a cold-blooded commie killer.

• 4 weeks later...